December 18, 2017, 08:53:47 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 63373 times)

September 15, 2017, 05:34:57 AM
Reply #360

Ravardo

There are some disturbing parallels there.

I said that a few days ago and its nearly 10 years ago

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 05:36:51 AM
Reply #361

Buck76

Interesting read.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport

Genuinely fear the Rot has set in... maybe worth getting spanked to move on.

September 15, 2017, 05:41:07 AM
Reply #362

Gash

Global Moderator
It's nonsense to say unsworth might become a great manager. Might have a higher ceiling than a koeman or a Martinez (2 that will have cost us 30m in payouts if koeman went now)? I disagree. Obviously it depends on what else is on offer to us but I'd swap koeman for unsworth today

I've read that about five times and still haven't a clue what you're saying but to promote Unsworth as manager just screams of lack of ambition.

September 15, 2017, 06:11:41 AM
Reply #363

GrantyBoy78

Anyone think it's more likely Steve Walsh will be sacked?

September 15, 2017, 06:12:26 AM
Reply #364

GrantyBoy78

Or will Moshiri assume full control and bin off Kenwright?

September 15, 2017, 06:33:21 AM
Reply #365

ally2

Of course he shouldn't be sacked. This forum is a nightmare since we got money. It's just football. People really need to relax. And the shouts of Tuchel make me laugh. If some of our fans weren't impressed with Koeman's lack of touchy-feelyness, then Tuchel is on a whole new level. That guy is seriously intense. He needs oiling and recharging, not food and water.

September 15, 2017, 06:39:24 AM
Reply #366

Ramjam

Benitez anyone?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 15, 2017, 06:52:55 AM
Reply #367

kramer0

The Koeman/Walsh relationship is probably the most interesting thing about this. Is Walsh doing an outright horrible job of identifying suitable targets? Or is Koeman shooting his targets down because he doesn't like them? Or did Koeman and Walsh both think this mess of squad was a good idea? Or are Kenwright and Elstone secretly sabotaging them in the negotiating room?

It was mentioned on the podcast that Koeman needs to see the players personally before he signs off on them. If true, that's a totally fucked process. We shouldn't be assigning any weight to Koeman's player evaluations unless he's seeing the player for a full season's worth of games (which I seriously doubt is the case) and even then, I'm skeptical. For the scouting team to watch a player for a full season (or over multiple seasons), put the player forward as a suitable target, then have their opinions dismissed because the boss saw him once or twice and didn't like him... yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Koeman's only role should be to confirm that he'll be able to get along with players personally. He needs to trust the scouting team that the players fit the criteria he's given them.

(Again, all based on rumours. We don't really know what the process is. All we know is that it isn't working.)

September 15, 2017, 07:49:24 AM
Reply #368

Realist

How would Moyes do any worse then what Ronald McDonald is doing right now?
Moyes only left because he went to a club who'd actually give him some money to spend.
He pretty much saved Everton and finished 4th with no money when he really had no right to
He turned us from a team who were probably gonna sink to the championship and maybe lower into a regular top 10 team again
You all have short memories

September 15, 2017, 07:53:08 AM
Reply #369

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Moyes is fucking shit. He has failed at every club he has been at. He may of steadied our ship but we failed with every opportunity we had to push on. We failed in the champions league, we failed in the Europa League, we failed in the cup final, we failed in the semi finals, we failed at every single top 4 away ground.....he fucking failed.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 15, 2017, 07:55:45 AM
Reply #370

Jamokachi

Happy to see Unsworth given a shot. Mad, me.

September 15, 2017, 07:56:22 AM
Reply #371

Realist

And all these shouts of I wouldn't have this one or that one - wow
What top manager or even just below elite coach is gonna look at us as an attractive opportunity?

We've got a director of football who allegedly picks targets so no one knows what the hell is going on & an owner who comes on sky sports news at the end of the window to discuss the business and what the first team is or isn't capable of doing because he's Jim Whites mate ffs

Sorry to break it to you's but we're a farce right now
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:33:25 AM by Realist »

September 15, 2017, 07:58:05 AM
Reply #372

Jamokachi

What top manager or even just below elite coach is gonna look at us as an attractive opportunity?

With the money on offer, both in the transfer market and in terms of salary, plenty.

September 15, 2017, 07:58:24 AM
Reply #373

Realist

Moyes is fucking shit. He has failed at every club he has been at. He may of steadied our ship but we failed with every opportunity we had to push on. We failed in the champions league, we failed in the Europa League, we failed in the cup final, we failed in the semi finals, we failed at every single top 4 away ground.....he fucking failed.

Have a look at what he spent I think you've got a cheek asking him to win at top 4 teams & in Europe  on a league 2 budget

September 15, 2017, 08:00:40 AM
Reply #374

Realist

With the money on offer, both in the transfer market and in terms of salary, plenty.

You don't know the budget so your point is invalid
Also on wages lots of teams can now offer managers attractive salaries