October 20, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 39385 times)

Jimhs1 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 15, 2017, 02:50:38 PM
Reply #405

Rodenplav64

There has been some bad shouts over the years on here, but the last few pages on here top the list.

We were beating city until the very last minute just a couple of weeks ago, the same City who wallopped the shite 5-0 the other day.

What a stupid point to try and make . We couldn't beat a 10 man City and City beat a 10 man Liverpool . How in gods fucking name is that a positive for Everton .

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
Reply #406

Redartin

This could be the making oh Unsworth. A few good games as caretaker, secures it to end of season, gets us into top 6, and nails it as full time job, bit like Shakespeare did at Leicester.

Koeman can get the Dutch job with Frank De Boer as his number 2.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 15, 2017, 02:55:53 PM
Reply #407

BlueMaquis

Let's sack him. It'll be fun, if nothing else.

September 15, 2017, 03:05:31 PM
Reply #408

Rodenplav64

I've read that about five times and still haven't a clue what you're saying but to promote Unsworth as manager just screams of lack of ambition.

When Pochettino became Manager of Espanyol he had only just completed his UEFA coaching badge and had no Management experience . Unsworth has an awful lot of Football experience . I would sooner see Unsworth play JonJoe Kenny tha Koeman play Cuco Martina . Under Koeman our stand out in pre season is now on loan at Forest and we broke the club record for a very average player in Siggurdsson . Money and ambition don't always get results . More so when the fucker spending the money doesn't know what he is doing .

September 15, 2017, 03:10:43 PM
Reply #409

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
The only bad results so far this season have been Spurs and and the result last night.
Everything else has gone as expected, other than the City game, I'd have predicted a loss there. People losing their heads all over the place

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 15, 2017, 03:11:49 PM
Reply #410

van der Meyde

For the little that it's worth in the heat of the moment, he had these little periods of 5+ games without a win/draw at Southampton too, but came through them. Unlike Martinez, he's historically been able to turn them around and finish the season where we'd expect him to.

As a club, we probably need answers to two things before deciding Koeman's future though. Firstly, what style of play do we want to play long term? Are there good managers available with a track record of implementing that style and getting results? If there aren't, then we're realistically left with Koeman or Unsworth. You'd then have to question if managing us until the end of the season would help or hinder Unsworth's progression as a coach.

The second question is about what we expect from this season. After the money spent, were we expecting to compete for top 6 and cups? If we were, a change might be a good idea. Were we expecting to finish 7th and not much more? Koeman will probably get us there or thereabouts. Or have we anticipated this to be a transition year with all the new signings? In that case, you could definitely make an argument to just throw in Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Sandro, Davies, Vlasic, Kenny or whoever else in at the deep end as much as possible and see if they've got what it takes. If that means replacing Koeman, so be it, it might be better for us in the long run if they get games and experience together.

September 15, 2017, 03:13:38 PM
Reply #411

Macca77

Lets write off the match on Sunday, we've got 4 homes after that, in fact pretty sure 6 out of next 7 are at home

September 15, 2017, 03:16:07 PM
Reply #412

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The only bad results so far this season have been Spurs and and the result last night.
Everything else has gone as expected, other than the City game, I'd have predicted a loss there. People losing their heads all over the place

It's the performances that are worrying.

September 15, 2017, 03:22:51 PM
Reply #413

charlatan

Thought we'd seen the last of this fucking useless 4-2-3-1 formation when Martinez got his P45.  It doesnt fucking work

September 15, 2017, 03:31:42 PM
Reply #414

themilkycoffees

Half way through the season, we'll be comfortably in the top 8 of the league and through in the Europa. Koeman isn't helping matters with his team selections at the minute, but I'm sure he can turn it around. Get United out of the way on Sunday and get behind him. I think we were always going to struggle with no real focal point and a serious lack of pace in the team, against the better teams at least.

Last night has got me a bit worried though...

September 15, 2017, 03:32:15 PM
Reply #415

Lxxx

It's performances that are being discussed, not results.

September 15, 2017, 03:48:38 PM
Reply #416

Realist

When Pochettino became Manager of Espanyol he had only just completed his UEFA coaching badge and had no Management experience . Unsworth has an awful lot of Football experience . I would sooner see Unsworth play JonJoe Kenny tha Koeman play Cuco Martina . Under Koeman our stand out in pre season is now on loan at Forest and we broke the club record for a very average player in Siggurdsson . Money and ambition don't always get results . More so when the fucker spending the money doesn't know what he is doing .

He's gonna look average when he's dumped on the left wing, he's not a left winger end of

September 15, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
Reply #417

everton1952

I understand Moyes has declared his desire to return to top class management. He must be good, Man Utd took him on with Fergie's recommendation.

September 15, 2017, 04:33:47 PM
Reply #418

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's performances that are being discussed, not results.
It's the performances that are worrying.

So we're just up in arms over 2 bad first half performance out of how many games?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 15, 2017, 04:34:47 PM
Reply #419

Lxxx

So we're just up in arms over 2 bad first half performance out of how many games?

Let's spin it. When was the last time we played 90 minutes of good football?