October 19, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 37312 times)

September 15, 2017, 05:24:22 PM
Reply #435

Ravardo

Pass and move simples except our players are stood about wondering who the fuck this move chap is

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 05:30:22 PM
Reply #436

Gary1878

It's easy to get worked up about performances, and yes they have been poor. But people are kidding themselves saying that they matter. If we had won more games playing poorly, no one would care that much and that's a fact even if you don't want to admit it.

Problem is that it is very unlikely that you win playing really badly in consecutive games - afterall you must be doing something right to be beating teams and getting results. You have to do most things at least half decently, whether that is defending to get a clean sheet or scoring a bucket load of goals, unless the other teams are all out of form (again very unlikely). We seem to be doing neither.

September 15, 2017, 05:35:28 PM
Reply #437

Ravardo

Anyone else listening to talksport? they just had some chap on saying koeman was told the only money left was to sign vlasic and thats it and thats why he buggered off on holiday....id be more inclined to think if barkley isnt sold theres no money left

September 15, 2017, 05:38:26 PM
Reply #438

Lxxx

Anyone else listening to talksport? they just had some chap on saying koeman was told the only money left was to sign vlasic and thats it and thats why he buggered off on holiday....id be more inclined to think if barkley isnt sold theres no money left

Love the 'bloke on Talksport' stories. He's been listening to Joey Barton too much.

September 15, 2017, 05:39:14 PM
Reply #439

Ih8redshite

Not a chance we should sack Koeman. I predict a 1-1 draw on Sunday. That will pick us up and have a run of wins. Get confidence up and we will be flying before Christmas. We will sign a striker in the January window and finish strongly and all this will seem like a distant memory. Let's get behind the manager and the team

September 15, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
Reply #440

stirlingblue

Sack Koeman? Not just yet.

Sack all our so called "footballing" coaches, that dont know how to teach players to actually play football - making options for each other, basic passing, basic movement, reading the game, running into space, being in the right positions, the art of tackling, not passing back all the fookin time, to actually RUN, to actually get numbers in the box and exploit teams when they cock up. So, so many basics being fooked up. Doesnt anyone else think this is going beyond a joke now? I'm fucking 50, and a largeish bloke, and I was nearly crying last night at how poor we are. It was like watching a little kid get picked on by bigger boys.  Get some decent coaching staff in Everton! I dont think are playres are particularly bad, but we playing particularly bad football, or rather NOT PLAYING football.  What is the point in investing dozens of millions in players, when are coaching staff is woeful. Sort it, quick, for god sake.

It can't just be the coaches though, there are plenty of players there who have played at high levels in the past. It's not like you just forget how to play football if the coaches don't remind you each week!

This seems more like a manager who's lost the dressing room

September 15, 2017, 05:41:21 PM
Reply #441

Gary1878

Love the 'bloke on Talksport' stories. He's been listening to Joey Barton too much.

I've heard from my Wife's best friend's husband's brother that Koeman won't be our manager within the next 10 years. Don't shoot the messenger

September 15, 2017, 05:45:18 PM
Reply #442

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I've heard from my Wife's best friend's husband's brother that Koeman won't be our manager within the next 10 years. Don't shoot the messenger
never thrust your wife or her friends  ;)

September 15, 2017, 05:46:46 PM
Reply #443

Gary1878

never thrust your wife or her friends  ;)

What I do with my wife or her friends isn't any concern of yours......

September 15, 2017, 05:49:26 PM
Reply #444

Lxxx

I don't think he's lost the dressing room entirely, there are too many new signings to lose them as well.

I just think he's confused the players with his tactics, signings and formation and that, coupled with poor results, is now manifesting itself in us looking a little lost and disillusioned at the minute. Most of them will still respect him but quite justifiably they're looking for a bit more leadership to get us through and with such a wide age spectrum of 18-35 it takes certain man management skills to get them all on board.

September 15, 2017, 05:51:08 PM
Reply #445

Ravardo

Talksport pointing out koemans statement last night saying the team wasnt prepared for that game,,he made 6 changes ffs

September 15, 2017, 05:54:12 PM
Reply #446

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Most sensible thing would be get united out the way, free hit tbh.

Then he's got 4 home games.

If we lose those it's inevitable imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 05:56:41 PM
Reply #447

phillyt

NO!! WE are not Crystal Palace. Give him more time and then wield the axe. It is clear the players do not believe in him. Some of them are crap anyway, but other decent players are not performing. Sigurdsson, Keane, Rooney are good players. The rest are not up to much admittedly.

Do you know what I actually admire the decisiveness and bravery of the palace board to do what they did. No fucking about. Hands held up "we made a mistake but we are fixing it before too much damage is done"

This also isn't the same as palace. Koeman has had a season. This isn't players struggling to gel, this is players not knowing what to do, where to be, what the tactics are.

Defensively we have Keane in new, midfield is still schneiderlin and gueye. We should still be solid enough to defend well. We are after all managed by one of the better defenders from world football history. Last night aside the results don't worry me. The teams we have played in the league (stoke aside who we beat) you would accept losing too but realistically hope to get a good result.
It's the tepid, non directional, slow, passionless play devoid of imagination and identity. The team have nothing.
Yeah over the season we would comfortably expect to win more than we lose, pick up points and finish 6/7/8th but that's not progress, that's not ambition that's not good enough.
I'm not for a minute saying we will or should be finishing in the top 4 but after the summer we had we should be confident of pushing them. All the way and being in with a shot in the last few games.

It's all well and good being brutally honest, and taking the rap like he did last night but if you don't, won't or can't prepare a team of talented players for a match like that last night you are not entitled to be manager/head coach of Everton football club.
We had this with Martinez, give him a chance, it's a developing team, new ideas let them settle in. NO before too much damage is done get rid of this man and get in a coach who offers tactical astuteness and man management ability.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 15, 2017, 06:04:00 PM
Reply #448

Lxxx

A heavy defeat at weekend, the team in the bottom three and anything other than a win against Bournemouth and we'll see how big Moshiri's onions are. Will he get a public vote of confidence?

September 15, 2017, 06:14:41 PM
Reply #449

charlatan

Not a chance we should sack Koeman. I predict a 1-1 draw on Sunday. That will pick us up and have a run of wins. Get confidence up and we will be flying before Christmas. We will sign a striker in the January window and finish strongly and all this will seem like a distant memory. Let's get behind the manager and the team

Carry on like we are, and a striker in January will be far too late