December 19, 2017, 04:33:48 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 63419 times)

September 16, 2017, 01:16:56 AM
Reply #480

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You're still MLT to me man

deCoubertin

September 16, 2017, 01:22:40 AM
Reply #481

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell la just seen someone comment on nsno on facey saying he'd have Big Sam in a heart beat.

That's all I needed to get back on the 'give him time' wagon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2017, 01:43:09 AM
Reply #482

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell la just seen someone comment on nsno on facey saying he'd have Big Sam in a heart beat.

That's all I needed to get back on the 'give him time' wagon.

I'm on the march with Koemans army

September 16, 2017, 05:29:06 AM
Reply #483

Shogun

Administrator
You're still MLT to me man

He's a KNT to me.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 16, 2017, 06:29:43 AM
Reply #484

KingOfNapaValley

Even if we are mid-table at the end of the season, I am not sure I would fire Koeman.

Honestly, I have NEVER understood the idea of firing someone... just to replace him with someone else who has been already sacked 5-6 times previously. If the person that would replace the outgoing manager has already been sacked themselves 5-6 times, how good can they be?

Most manager in English football are a reused group of people who on average can't hold a job 18 months on average. I doubt more than a handful could get jobs outside of England. Koeman is one.If we get rid of Koeman, I would be upset if we go the same, sad, tired and unimaginative route of hiring another manager who has lasted 1-2 years (max) in any job they have had.

Thus, I would rather keep Koeman and give him time. Years, frankly.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:00:03 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

September 16, 2017, 12:33:45 PM
Reply #485

Waltzer

Even if we are mid-table at the end of the season, I am not sure I would fire Koeman.

Honestly, I have NEVER understood the idea of firing someone... just to replace him with someone else who has been already sacked 5-6 times previously. If the person that would replace the outgoing manager has already been sacked themselves 5-6 times, how good can they be?

Most manager in English football are a reused group of people who on average can't hold a job 18 months on average. I doubt more than a handful could get jobs outside of England. Koeman is one.If we get rid of Koeman, I would be upset if we go the same, sad, tired and unimaginative route of hiring another manager who has lasted 1-2 years (max) in any job they have had.

Thus, I would rather keep Koeman and give him time. Years, frankly.

Mourinho and Ancelotti have both been sacked numerous times, it doesnt mean your a bad manager, it sometimes means your face doesnt fit? It wouldnt bother me if we got someone in to replace Koeman if they had been sacked numerous times.
I dont want Koeman sacked but my concern is that I think Moshiri was after a 'big name' rather than the right man, he said he wanted someone that was globally recognisable and im unsure if that was the right approach given were not really giving him sufficient funds to make a mark on the global scale?

September 16, 2017, 02:23:51 PM
Reply #486

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with that. Makes it all the more baffling we didn't sign a player who could cover/replace both Jags and Baines. I know he said we were trying but obviously somewhere along the line we failed to do it. Shame really, the start of the window was so promising.

So we should've had 9 new players in the first team instead of 7?

I think some people are misunderstanding the reasons why our season has started so poorly.

September 16, 2017, 03:16:04 PM
Reply #487

sam of the south

Three alternate realities I'd prefer to live in:

1. [Starting in the summer of 2013] Everton hire Ralf Rangnick instead of Martinez.

2. [Starting in the summer of 2016] Everton hire the director of football before making a decision on the manager.

3. [Starting in the summer of 2016] Everton hire unattached Lucien Favre instead of waiting for Ronald Koeman.

Who do you prefer, mate; Favre, Bielsa, or Tuchel?

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 16, 2017, 03:44:15 PM
Reply #488

sam of the south

Who do you prefer, mate; Favre, Bielsa, or Tuchel?

*genuinely hopes @kramer0 is writing a detailed thesis for us*
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 16, 2017, 03:54:31 PM
Reply #489

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Someone on Radio Merseyside said last night that we should bring in big Sam !!!!!. Next window bring in Nolan Heridisan and Sammy Lee. This reminds me of early reign of Howard . Don't panic yet

September 16, 2017, 04:10:07 PM
Reply #490

BlueForYou

We're not doomed!

Bring back Terry Darracott
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 04:17:49 PM
Reply #491

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Why is unsworth nonsense. He'd be unproven but that doesn't mean he couldn't do a great job.

People seem obsessed with proven (players and managers) but the reality is what we can attract of proven quality is a Sigurdsson for 45m or a koeman on 150k a week. I'd sooner take more risks with more potential rewards
It's all very well saying unsworth should go elsewhere first but then we might never get another chance. I'm not saying he's the right man but it's not nonsense to suggest he might be

There is a massive difference from learning your trade by being coach of an U23 side to taking on the main role at a big PL club. It would be like me being given the Headship of my school after being a form tutor. Unsworth, he has an ambition to be a PL manager, needs to be looking to move on and manage a lower league club in the next year or 18 months to really earn his stripes
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 16, 2017, 04:31:32 PM
Reply #492

eyesalwaysblue

Big Sam/Sammy Lee? we've got to give Ronnie another 5 years at least.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 16, 2017, 04:42:56 PM
Reply #493

KoemansNumberTens

He's a KNT to me.

Cunt. You're allowed to say it.

September 16, 2017, 04:45:19 PM
Reply #494

Bluedylan

Cunt. You're allowed to say it.

He knows. He's a mod. He was going with a slightly more elegant way of putting it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.