December 13, 2017, 01:24:39 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62184 times)

September 16, 2017, 09:31:18 PM
Reply #510

eyesalwaysblue

Not at all . If your school is well run from the bottom up you should be able to take over the reins . We are a well run club with funds at our disposal , a good academy and a new stadium on the way . He knows the club and it wouldn't really be out of the question for him to maintain 7th without too much effort on his part . I don't want rid of Koeman just yet but where as everyone thought Martinez was ruining our club Koemans pig headed attitude just might . He had a slow start at Southampton and got them to 7th so he could well do the same this season . This is a failure as the expectation is so much higher . More so if he fails in 3 cups as well . As ever it will all come out in the wash but if Koeman goes then Unsworth would make sense till the end of the season at least .

We could only sack Koeman when and if it reaches Martinez levels, which won't be long if we lose so called games considered as "bankers" coming up, how anyone could object to Unsworth taking over is bizarre to say the least, if you have a family crisis you keep it in-house as possible.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

deCoubertin

September 16, 2017, 10:06:36 PM
Reply #511

ajax_andy

Koeman wanted a striker, the board failed to deliver... I don't feel we can fully blame him for the current situation and he needs time to help the new players bed in and find a starting 11 that works.

However you can tell he's the type to be a massively huffy twat when he doesn't get what he wants, and there's nowt the Dutch like more than imploding due to their own feeling of self worth.  He needs to snap out of that asap or it'll be what signs his death warrant at the club very soon otherwise imo

September 16, 2017, 10:11:39 PM
Reply #512

Rodenplav64

Logically, if the club was so well run that it would be fine to promote Unsy, then it wouldn't matter if Koeman was any good or not anyway? So the whole argument is self-referential and so null and void.

WTF . Maybe we don't need a Manager then .

September 16, 2017, 10:17:41 PM
Reply #513

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
WTF . Maybe we don't need a Manager then .

Hey, it was your logic! If the club is so well run that the manager is immaterial? However since there is a requirement to speak to the press, have a name listed as manager, etc, we'd still have to have a manager. But the well run club would mean that his ability would be irrelevant.

September 16, 2017, 10:28:42 PM
Reply #514

BlueForYou

The rookie Leeds manager, Thomas Christiansen has made a bright start

If Leeds get (automatic)promotion and have a decent Premier League season next year, he'll be up for consideration in 2019

Unless, of course, we manage to go big time and lure the likes of Simeone

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 11:20:57 PM
Reply #515

everton1952

Just what we need to boost the morale, a rookie manager! No, stick with Koeman until the evidence points definitively that we must make the change. That is not yet.

September 16, 2017, 11:33:05 PM
Reply #516

BlueForYou

He won't be a rookie, come 2019
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 11:36:06 PM
Reply #517

Coyb12

He won't be a rookie, come 2019
And You won't no were to find him because Leeds will sack when he loses a few games and he will disappear from were he came.

September 16, 2017, 11:39:48 PM
Reply #518

Rodenplav64

Hey, it was your logic! If the club is so well run that the manager is immaterial? However since there is a requirement to speak to the press, have a name listed as manager, etc, we'd still have to have a manager. But the well run club would mean that his ability would be irrelevant.

All of which I am sure Unsworth could manage .

September 16, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
Reply #519

BlueForYou

Any other predictions, Coyb12?

Will these three be sacked?

Hodgson
Redknapp
Bruce

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2017, 01:00:57 AM
Reply #520

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would like someone smarter than me to take a look at other sides in the past who have lost their main man without replacing him. Lukaku was our best striker since the 80s and we haven't replaced him.

I'd also look at teams who have made such wholesale changes, to personel and system. Tottenham and The Shite come to mind of course, a cursory look over Milan's results so far this season is quite interesting given their summer.

Finally I'd probably look at teams with aging captains.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2017, 01:10:56 AM
Reply #521

Lxxx

So we should've had 9 new players in the first team instead of 7?

I think some people are misunderstanding the reasons why our season has started so poorly.

If you're saying we are better off without a new striker and another left sided centre half just because it would too much change otherwise then I'm not sure I agree with you there bud.

September 17, 2017, 05:12:21 AM
Reply #522

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
All of which I am sure Unsworth could manage .
True, but so could Koeman, making a change pointless, unless we could get him to quit without compensation. But since the club doesn't run itself this whole line of reasoning is moot.

September 17, 2017, 05:29:45 AM
Reply #523

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Any other predictions, Coyb12?

Will these three be sacked?

Hodgson
Redknapp
Bruce
At this point predicting Redknapp will be sacked should probably not be classed as a prediction.

September 17, 2017, 05:34:07 AM
Reply #524

Ravardo

And woy's got it hard crystal palace lost 5 in a row and have got man city,,man u and chelsea next lolol