October 24, 2017, 03:57:50 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 46778 times)

hamshank33 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 17, 2017, 05:35:50 AM
Reply #525

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So we should've had 9 new players in the first team instead of 7?

I think some people are misunderstanding the reasons why our season has started so poorly.

I think you are from the sound of it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

September 17, 2017, 05:38:43 AM
Reply #526

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think you are from the sound of it.

You don't think it's anything to do with the wholesale changes to the first team?

When in the history of club football has that led to instant success?

It's not the only issue but it's a massive and underappreciated one. Changing Jags and Baines as well is the last thing that would've helped the situation. 

September 17, 2017, 06:16:08 AM
Reply #527

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You don't think it's anything to do with the wholesale changes to the first team?

It's not the only issue but it's a massive and underappreciated one. Changing Jags and Baines as well is the last thing that would've helped the situation. 

No i do think it's a big part of it, but it's not that we've bought lots of new players, if we'd have bought players to directly replace or upgrade the players we had then it wouldn't be as big an issue, it's the fact we have bought a shit load of players and seem to have bought them to play a new system, which I can totally understand, but when the dust has settled you look at the squad and there are MAJOR gaps that should have been resolved, two of which the manager himself could not have been more open about. So your result is a squad that doesn't know one another, still has glaring gaps, and doesn't truly understand the system yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2017, 04:09:25 PM
Reply #528

Lxxx

That's not what people are saying though. You're imagining an argument so you can make a point.

Buying a new striker would've brought more advantages than otherwise. Buying a left sided defender would've brought more flexibility than having to rely on rotating an ageing Jags and Williams every week, all the while hoping Keane or Baines doesn't pick up a knock as well.

September 17, 2017, 04:14:12 PM
Reply #529

Rodenplav64

True, but so could Koeman, making a change pointless, unless we could get him to quit without compensation. But since the club doesn't run itself this whole line of reasoning is moot.

Persistent little fucker aren't you :)

September 17, 2017, 08:43:35 PM
Reply #530

van der Meyde

I think given time Koeman's capable of coaching us in to a better defensive shape.

That could take a while though. We've got a midweek game every week until the October international break. If we get past Sunderland in the cup, that's going to extend at a minimum into November.

Will he actually have the opportunity in training to get the message across to the players? Especially if we're also trying to fix an attack and concentrate on the next opponents too? Even with the easier games coming up, this is something that could drag on a while longer yet.

The same problems will obviously extend to any new managers that come in too, so it goes both ways. Just something that I've been mulling over.

September 17, 2017, 10:13:14 PM
Reply #531

nwatson

Today is going to be an embarrassment on live tv. Can't get out of our own half and the way the team is set up is disgraceful. Needs gone today. He doesn't deserve the next run of games to save face and paper over the cracks.

September 17, 2017, 10:15:25 PM
Reply #532

Martip

Today is going to be an embarrassment on live tv. Can't get out of our own half and the way the team is set up is disgraceful. Needs gone today. He doesn't deserve the next run of games to save face and paper over the cracks.
Been the same for weeks absolute dog shit.

September 17, 2017, 11:50:54 PM
Reply #533

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, get someone in for Bournemouth would be my hope.

Won't happen, we'll stick with Koeman, Bournemouth will score first and the crowd will turn.

September 17, 2017, 11:52:04 PM
Reply #534

IUToffee

September 17, 2017, 11:52:31 PM
Reply #535

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yes. Although we played the best we've played all season, he continues to make daft substitutions. Williams needs sacking off as well. He cost us that game.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 17, 2017, 11:53:32 PM
Reply #536

Realist

Yes get rid,
He's totally shit

September 17, 2017, 11:55:13 PM
Reply #537

SANA_DR0

Yes get rid,
He's totally shit

keep him til the end of October, least that way it will be unanimous, Everton fans still believe its cos we have played the best teams, they cant see that the tactics we deploy are shocking... least if we fail against crap teams, something might spark.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 17, 2017, 11:55:47 PM
Reply #538

Martip

The thing is with that game is that although we lost by 4 to nil koeman won't get sacked as they 'll say there was visble improvement.

September 17, 2017, 11:56:59 PM
Reply #539

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The thing is with that game is that although we lost by 4 to nil koeman won't get sacked as they 'll say there was visble improvement.

Which there clearly was. If you sack Koeman it should be based on the games up to now and the series of poor results, not on the basis of today