October 18, 2017, 08:05:41 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 36921 times)

September 17, 2017, 11:58:45 PM
Reply #540

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Williams and Koeman cost us that game. Williams with his shit pass to a Utd player, and Koeman for taking off two of our players who were pressing and getting in Utds face. It left us with just Schneiderlin and the defence to control anything. Everyone else was lightweight and up front.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 12:02:22 AM
Reply #541

Martip

Which there clearly was. If you sack Koeman it should be based on the games up to now and the series of poor results, not on the basis of today
Not enough for me. We still lost, let in 4 after another collapse and failed to score AGAIN. The mistakes koeman/The board have made have fooked up the season already.

I hope he turns it round I really do but facts are facts and we are now in the bottom 3 despite a massive spend.

September 18, 2017, 12:03:51 AM
Reply #542

hannu

yes sack him

September 18, 2017, 12:04:13 AM
Reply #543

Realist

We are proper fucked aren't we

September 18, 2017, 12:04:15 AM
Reply #544

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman's substitute choices have been pretty poor all season. More often than not they've taken us backward in a game.

September 18, 2017, 12:04:39 AM
Reply #545

Ross

What the fuck was he thinking with the Davies and Gana subs?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 18, 2017, 12:11:33 AM
Reply #546

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck was he thinking with the Davies and Gana subs?

Dunno, but today did show at least Davies should always be in the side. We need that energy.

September 18, 2017, 12:12:06 AM
Reply #547

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Jamie Carragher talking a lot of sense.

September 18, 2017, 12:12:50 AM
Reply #548

Ross

Dunno, but today did show at least Davies should always be in the side. We need that energy.

Odd that he was talking him down as well in his press conference.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 18, 2017, 12:13:05 AM
Reply #549

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Jamie Carragher talking a lot of sense.

What did he say?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 18, 2017, 12:14:06 AM
Reply #550

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What did he say?
Our lack of pace with two central defenders the wrong sid of 30 is a major issue.

September 18, 2017, 12:14:57 AM
Reply #551

Bluedylan

Think I was one of the earliest on here to express massive doubts about Koeman when it wasn't fashionable, so I do get it, but it's still silly to sack him after that run of games so early in the season.

Need a few back-to-back wins quicktime.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 18, 2017, 12:15:29 AM
Reply #552

Coyb12

September 18, 2017, 12:17:20 AM
Reply #553

Realist

Koemans on his way to Ellesmere Port

September 18, 2017, 12:20:32 AM
Reply #554

kramer0

I'm worried about recruitment more than I'm worried about coaching. We had a lot of money to play with this summer and we have an expensively assembled mess to show for it. At least one of two things has to happen: (1) We need to revoke Koeman's veto power on incoming transfers, or (2) Walsh needs to be replaced.

We can survive bad coaching decisions but it's a lot harder to deal with the fallout from bad transfers. It's not just the initial waste of money but the money you need to spend to replace the players who didn't work out. We sunk 40-45m into Sigurdsson when we had already signed Klaassen and fresh blood at CB, LB, and CF were bigger areas of need. That's a huge fucking problem.

I know it's easy to play this game after the fact and that transfers are a lot more complicated than in FIFA/PES/Football Manager but just imagine how much better this squad looks if we do something like this:

Don't Sign:

Sigurdsson (40-45m)

Sign:

one of Iheanacho (25m)/Mounie (11.5m)/Haller (10m)
one of Maguire (17m)/Wimmer (18m)/Martins Indi (7m)/Dragovic (loan fee)
a young left back like Charlie Taylor (tribunal)/Rico Henry (I'm guessing under 10m but hard to say since he didn't move this summer)

Williams takes a back seat, we have a natural centre forward to take the burden off of Rooney/Calvert-Lewin, and we get a talented left back to compete with and occasionally spell Baines. And we're short one player who doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in our first eleven.

I'm not trying to condemn Sigurdsson here because I do think he has genuine qualities. But we've spent a crazy amount to bring him into a set-up that doesn't suit his strengths while neglecting more pressing areas. That's way more concerning to me than overpaying for a good-not-great player.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:29:38 AM by kramer0 »