October 22, 2017, 10:01:30 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 41245 times)

Ell Capitan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 18, 2017, 12:21:33 AM
Reply #555

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
No, not yet.

We've shown signs of a good performance today, it was a mistake from Williams that caused it to unravel.

All the fixtures from now up until the end of October/start of November will be the proper litmus test.

The fact we don't have a decent striker is probably not Koemans fault.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 12:22:57 AM
Reply #556

dangermouse

Seriously..... I'll be giving the this and all Everton sites a miss until normal service resumes... Yes our performances have been shit but really did anyone expect more from these 5 games?

I'm not pissed off because people don't agree with me I just end up getting wound-up reading all the comments

To me, the majority of people calling for Koeman have issues with Kenwright or the Board and are just using these results to push for some other agenda.

If it's not that it's just completely unrealistic fans.

I'll be back when we've all calmed down so I don't risk giving myself an embolism .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:25:39 AM by dangermouse »
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

September 18, 2017, 12:23:31 AM
Reply #557

Bally

Administrator
Koemans a cunt.
Get banned from Twitter for that hahaha
It's the roll I way

September 18, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
Reply #558

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm worried about recruitment more than I'm worried about coaching. We had a lot of money to play with this summer and we have an expensively assembled mess to show for it. At least one of two things has to happen: (1) We need to revoke Koeman's veto power on incoming transfers, or (2) Walsh needs to be replaced.

We can survive bad coaching decisions but it's a lot harder to deal with the fallout from bad transfers. It's not just the initial waste of money but the money you need to spend to replace the players who didn't work out. We sunk 40-45m into Sigurdsson when we had already signed Klaassen and fresh blood at CB, LB, and CF were bigger areas of need. That's a huge fucking problem.

I know it's easy to play this game after the fact and that transfers are a lot more complicated than in FIFA/PES/Football Manager but just imagine how much better this squad looks if we do something like this:

Don't Sign:

Sigurdsson (40-45m)

Sign:

one of Iheanacho (25m)/Mounie (11.5m)/Haller (10m)
one of Maguire (17m)/Wimmer (18m)/Martins Indi (7m)/Dragovic (loan fee)
a young left back like Charlie Taylor (tribunal)/Rico Henry (I'm guessing around 10m but hard to say since he didn't move this summer)

Williams takes a back seat, we have a natural centre forward to take the burden off of Rooney/Calvert-Lewin, and we get a talented left back to compete with and occasionally spell Baines. And we're short one player who doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in our first eleven.

I'm not trying to condemn Sigurdsson here because I do think he has genuine qualities. But we've spent a crazy amount to bring him into a set-up that doesn't suit his strengths while neglecting more pressing areas. That's way more concerning to me than overpaying for a good-not-great player.

Couldn't agree more. Can't work out who is to blame as you mention between Koeman veto (and making a lot of what I think are his signings) or Walsh.

I think the Walsh players tend to be the more obscure ones, which makes me lean toward Koeman as being the issue.

September 18, 2017, 12:29:57 AM
Reply #559

Bluedylan

One of the issues with the DoF role is the blurring of responsibilities and accountability.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 18, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Reply #560

gizzblue

September 18, 2017, 12:32:33 AM
Reply #561

Shogun

Administrator
One of the issues with the DoF role is the blurring of responsibilities and accountability.

But then, it doesn't take a genius to work out who signed Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 18, 2017, 12:32:48 AM
Reply #562

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

absolutely. Can't help but think koeman's oddly timed Holiday was a point making exercise.

"Out of my hands innit"
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 12:33:36 AM
Reply #563

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But then, it doesn't take a genius to work out who signed Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams.

Cuco was alright.

Williams is terrible. Him alongside Jags and Keane is just a disaster like, three absolute cloggers.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 12:35:34 AM
Reply #564

Shogun

Administrator
Cuco was alright.

Williams is terrible. Him alongside Jags and Keane is just a disaster like, three absolute cloggers.

Problem with Martina is he's alright in one position, RWB.

He's horrendous in a back four.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 18, 2017, 12:37:03 AM
Reply #565

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This season was going to start in one of two ways. With all new signings flying or with them struggling.  They are struggling so we've had a poor start.

Regardless of who is in charge there are much better performances to come from all of the summer signings. That's one of the main reasons i remain optimistic and don't want us to pull the trigger on Koeman

September 18, 2017, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #566

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Problem with Martina is he's alright in one position, RWB.

He's horrendous in a back four.

He might be ok with a quick centre back to cover for him.  We haven't got one though. That is the issue

September 18, 2017, 12:39:22 AM
Reply #567

Realist

absolutely. Can't help but think koeman's oddly timed Holiday was a point making exercise.

"Out of my hands innit"

Unless it was genuinely out of his hands or the rumour that the only money left available had been spent on Vlasic?

September 18, 2017, 12:39:40 AM
Reply #568

Major Clanger

Seriously..... I'll be giving the this and all Everton sites a miss until normal service resumes... Yes our performances have been shit but really did anyone expect more from these 5 games?

I sort of have. At least one draw, some actual shots on targez and far fewer goals conceded.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 18, 2017, 12:39:59 AM
Reply #569

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I think injuries obviously haven't helped him. Coleman and Bolasie are big misses but even McCarthy, Barkley and Mori give us something different.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"