October 17, 2017, 12:51:40 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 35355 times)

Hesmenos, farnhamtoffee and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 18, 2017, 12:40:37 AM
Reply #570

Lxxx

I think given time Koeman's capable of coaching us in to a better defensive shape.

He did that last year. We were perfectly fine but we've started this season worse than we left off. This is the one area that I'm disappointed with. With the lack of striker and width I could understand us looking a bit toothless but a goal difference of -8 after 5 games is pretty poor, regardless of the teams we've played. 

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 12:44:34 AM
Reply #571

toffee_scot

Walsh seems to be getting criticised more and more but I do wonder to what extent he is to blame for the situation we are in especially as it is not clear what remit he has been given by the powers above except to manage the scouting network and communicate with Koeman to see what kind of players he wants brought into the club.

I'm not necessarily absolving Walsh of any responsibility but I just don't know how much he is involved in the transfer process. I think Kenwright is still very active in the negotiation side of things and it sounds like he played a key role in bringing Sigurdsson to Everton and told him at that time "I will do the deal but we need to be patient". I don't know what Moshiri's role is except to act as spokesperson for Everton when Jim White is live on air.

September 18, 2017, 12:49:30 AM
Reply #572

van der Meyde

First time since the City match that he's set up with a decent team shape.

If Schneiderlin showed any evidence of pulling his finger out, I'd suggest today's back 5 could be the way forward until Coleman's back but...

September 18, 2017, 12:53:06 AM
Reply #573

christiffa25

Not a Koeman fan. Think he's overrated. But even I don't think the sack should be contemplated at the moment. That's crazy!

Coleman , bollasie and Barkley are big players to be missing. Even Mori tbh is a big miss given are current defensive woes.

I do think we've gone a bit Spurs/bale money with our signings though to be fair. I honestly don't think we've added genuine quality that the teams above us would be envious of.

September 18, 2017, 12:59:48 AM
Reply #574

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley is not a miss because Koeman doesn't even have him in his plans. Coleman is a huge miss, Bolasie also.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 18, 2017, 01:00:14 AM
Reply #575

Rhys

One of the issues with the DoF role is the blurring of responsibilities and accountability.

For fans, it shouldn't for the club. The club should know what koeman has been responsible for and what Walsh is responsible for. It is our first attempt at the role so it is possible it isn't as well drilled in terms of who does what as some clubs might be.

But ultimately koeman should mainly be judged on how well he coaches the players, how well he gets the players he is given to perform and the results following that.

September 18, 2017, 01:03:11 AM
Reply #576

cantoffee

I'm confident he can resolve our issues at the back as we were generally quite solid last year.

I have basically no faith in him figuring out how we are going to score. We don't have the personnel or the tactics to break teams down. They can play a high line against us as we have no pace or threat in behind. It makes the field incredibly compact and hard to create anything meaningful.

We also don't seem to have a natural goalscorer in the squad which is a problem whether we have pace or not.

September 18, 2017, 01:05:50 AM
Reply #577

Bluedylan

For fans, it shouldn't for the club. The club should know what koeman has been responsible for and what Walsh is responsible for. It is our first attempt at the role so it is possible it isn't as well drilled in terms of who does what as some clubs might be.

But ultimately koeman should mainly be judged on how well he coaches the players, how well he gets the players he is given to perform and the results following that.

True but in any collective decision making process there will be differences of opinion or strength of feeling. Even if the roles are incredibly well defined. I can't imagine Koeman is a shrinking violet in those meetings.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 18, 2017, 01:24:42 AM
Reply #578

Ravardo

Where/who is the problem with our club koeman states he still needs 2 players,,we must have the money as we supposedly have either £40m or £60m sat in an account for a rainy day to borrow plus moshiri is supposed to be loaded and it was known we had £100m pot to spend of which weve done about £40m so should at least be quite a bit left,,were in the best postion weve been in for years and it still turns to shit wtf is going on

September 18, 2017, 01:28:19 AM
Reply #579

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Problem with Martina is he's alright in one position, RWB.

He's horrendous in a back four.

Edit: wait, we played a back 5 didn't we? Shit sorry ignore.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:29:43 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 01:28:59 AM
Reply #580

Coyb12

We are boring, predictable and slow and most teams in the prem will deal with that quite easily.

September 18, 2017, 02:28:24 AM
Reply #581

TerryFeckWit

Alas I think he will be gone by 22/10 at the very latest, I do believe he should be given a fair crack of the whip, but can't help thinking things are not good behind the scenes. Maybe not lost the dressing room, but confidence has absolutely crashed and do not believe the players share his 'vision'/have a clue what he's taking about. Oh where has that excitement, optimism and eager anticipation from the summer gone?!! COYB we still have quite a good team in there somewhere, honest!

September 18, 2017, 02:39:45 AM
Reply #582

Faceatthefence

The next three fixtures will decide the mans future IMHO,anything bar 3 victories will result in his departure.Octobers fixtures may give us optimism but there are a number of reversals lurking in there.Three positive displays and bang a few in may well give the group the confidence to achieve more positives for an awkward October.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 18, 2017, 03:07:23 AM
Reply #583

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know if it's been mentioned in an earlier post but didn't see it but Koeman was 20/1 to be next manager to leave on Thursday. He is now 5/2 second favourite to go! Mad how a couple of games can change things so dramatically

September 18, 2017, 03:30:19 AM
Reply #584

terrydarracotsbaldpate

We are boring, predictable and slow and most teams in the prem will deal with that quite easily.
Slow no Bolasie so why not Lookman? It looks like a world class centre half has turned Michael Keane into my old friend Steve Seargent