December 11, 2017, 05:32:02 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 61841 times)

September 18, 2017, 07:52:43 PM
Reply #615

phillyt

Would it be a good idea to reset the poll at the top and see what the results would be now?  I know we did it a few times with the Martinez one and it was interesting to see the results slowly change.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 07:55:07 PM
Reply #616

kramer0

He did discover Mahrez. Leicester sent him to watch somebody else but Mahrez stood out and that's who Walsh recommended.

That's splitting hairs, anyhow. Koeman has no expertise at evaluating and signing players (see: Martina, Cuco). Every club at which he's succeeded (the three big Dutch clubs, Southampton) has had a sporting director of some type. We shouldn't be happy with Everton's recruitment over the past three windows because it hasn't been good enough but Koeman is not the answer.

The manager's primary job is to prepare the players for matches and help them improve on their weaknesses. He should be spending all of his time doing that. Recruitment is a time intensive job that distracts from a manager's true responsibilities. Or, to put it another way, do you really think Koeman has enough time for coaching/preparing his team, finding suitable transfer targets, playing golf, and going on vacation?

The do-it-all manager model is outdated, as evidenced by there being zero top teams in world football that let their manager control everything. It is 100% right for us to have a director of football. Whether Walsh is the best person for that job is another question and hard to analyze since none of us are sure how much control he has.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:27:14 PM by kramer0 »

September 18, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
Reply #617

Realist

That's what he does here.
The thing that qualifies him for signing players is Moshiri

Ah ok

September 18, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
Reply #618

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Some re-writing of history going on here.

September 18, 2017, 08:29:06 PM
Reply #619

Redartin

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but Koeman said we need to win the next 4 home games, and if we don't win it would be best to stop

Is he suggesting he'll walk if we don't win them??

I thought that was a strange thing to say, I know there is a Dutch to English translation thing sometimes but maybe he is giving himself 4 games to turn it. Yet another motivational gem.

September 18, 2017, 08:57:39 PM
Reply #620

everton1952

He is not a gifted orator at least not in English which is not his fault and does not matter anyway. Of course we can be confused when his meaning is not made plain. I am sure he meant a reassessment in the event of results not going our way. Anyone talking about 4 must wins is talking nonsense. You cannot command that level in the PL. 3 wins would be great, 2 wins would be sign of the start of a recovery from a very low place.

September 18, 2017, 09:53:10 PM
Reply #621

Lxxx

September 18, 2017, 09:53:58 PM
Reply #622

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

September 18, 2017, 10:01:04 PM
Reply #623

Lxxx

Bring up their home records

Of course. It's not a post to re-write history and put Martinez-tinted specs on.

September 18, 2017, 10:53:22 PM
Reply #624

Martip

Of course. It's not a post to re-write history and put Martinez-tinted specs on.
Although not totally reflective it does give some indication of the lack of ideas shown away from home by koeman.

September 19, 2017, 04:14:48 AM
Reply #625

BlueMaquis

He is not a gifted orator at least not in English which is not his fault and does not matter anyway. Of course we can be confused when his meaning is not made plain. I am sure he meant a reassessment in the event of results not going our way. Anyone talking about 4 must wins is talking nonsense. You cannot command that level in the PL. 3 wins would be great, 2 wins would be sign of the start of a recovery from a very low place.

I would guess that he means if we don't win ANY of the next 4 games, it would be best to stop.

What he means by "stop" is anyone's guess.
What is the truth is neither being nor nothing, but that being does not pass over but has passed over - into nothing, and nothing into being. But it is equally true that they are not undistinguished from each other, that on the contrary they are not the same, that they are absolutely distinct

September 19, 2017, 05:39:22 AM
Reply #626

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be stopping myself if we don't win any of the next 4 home games.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2017, 09:13:00 PM
Reply #628

formerKHL

Ah ok

to answer your question realist..what qualifies him to "choose" our players...is his coaching badges...along with his experience of working with players....along with being an ex professional......plus experience....

September 20, 2017, 01:30:38 AM
Reply #629

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..