October 24, 2017, 02:05:36 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 46740 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:48:01 AM
Reply #720

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No we won't, have you been watching the games?

Depends on your definition of ok. I think we'll probably still be better than a lot of teams in the PL, albeit it won't be an easy season.

It's just not ambitious at all though.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 04:48:12 AM
Reply #721

TheTone

I wouldn't underestimate the difference a good target man can make to a poor team. Giroud plays tonight and we win I reckon.

A lot of us on here would have put away the DCL chance at the end

September 29, 2017, 04:50:02 AM
Reply #722

Realist

Depends on your definition of ok. I think we'll probably still be better than a lot of teams in the PL, albeit it won't be an easy season.

It's just not ambitious at all though.

If you mean ok as in staying in the prem then yeah you're probably right, I think if Koeman stays we finish in the bottom half - comfortably
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:51:27 AM by Realist »

September 29, 2017, 04:50:16 AM
Reply #723

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't underestimate the difference a good target man can make to a poor team. Giroud plays tonight and we win I reckon.

Could well have done, I just don't think he'd have made much difference in progressing our football to a level we'd say have a sniff of winning this tournament. If we're serious about progressing we need more than just him is all I meant.

September 29, 2017, 04:51:00 AM
Reply #724

Lazarou

Time to go. All he can do is reactive management. Ffs sake we are adapting our system at home to a team from Cyprus. In fact he has no system. The players look like they have had enough. Any player who shows form seems to end up on the bench. Clueless.

September 29, 2017, 04:51:52 AM
Reply #725

Lxxx

Although It isn't great. If we'd have addressed the 3/4 key areas we so obviously needed too we wouldn't be having this conversation. He came out literally putting the board under pressure saying "this is what I need' and they didn't get him for it 

Let's leave the transfer window talk behind us, it's gone. He's paid 6m/year and he still has a talented bunch of players to work with.
We are better than the performances and results are showing. 12th most expensive squad in world football, so let's not cry because we don't have the perfect squad.

September 29, 2017, 04:53:09 AM
Reply #726

Martip

Could well have done, I just don't think he'd have made much difference in progressing our football to a level we'd say have a sniff of winning this tournament. If we're serious about progressing we need more than just him is all I meant.
Tbh we are miles away from winning it...we could see that from the off.

September 29, 2017, 04:54:56 AM
Reply #727

Ross

We'll probably be ok over the season but, he's making it very hard to get behind him right now.

Selection, team shape, and recruitment are all massive issues.

Never been so quick to sour on a manager. While I was never keen when we appointed Martinez, he in fairness bought himself some time and a certain amount of respect with that first season.

He can still turn it around, but if I was in charge with the way money has been spent I'd be very reticent to give him more. How can you really continue when you reach that sort of point with a manager though? I know he did want a striker in and it's hard to know whose failure that was but while Giroud would've helped he wouldn't have made such a massive difference.

It really would serve us well to get rid now before we start slowly climbing the table and get knocked out of the cups without a whimper and waste more money in January. I just can't see the point of handing him money to buy a certain type of player that's practically extinct at all the leading teams to merely help us tread water in the top half of the league at best.

It all just feels like a massive waste of time with Koeman and there's an inevitability about how it all ends so I can't see the point prolonging it or wasting more money.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 29, 2017, 05:01:50 AM
Reply #728

BlueBeagle

Koeman & Martinez have some funny similarities:

1) Good 1st season, we make progress and they take credit.

2) They are called potential Barcelona managers by some.

3) They then sign some shite players.

4) The football becomes absolutely atrocious to watch.

5) Everyone wants to see the cunt get the chop.

6) Manage to fluke an international job (Step 6 for Koeman TBC).

September 29, 2017, 05:08:24 AM
Reply #729

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Tuchel is not coming to Everton. let's remember where we are.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 29, 2017, 05:09:11 AM
Reply #730

Lxxx

Let's remember where he is.

September 29, 2017, 05:10:33 AM
Reply #731

toffee_scot

It really would serve us well to get rid now before we start slowly climbing the table and get knocked out of the cups without a whimper and waste more money in January. I just can't see the point of handing him money to buy a certain type of player that's practically extinct at all the leading teams to merely help us tread water in the top half of the league at best.

It all just feels like a massive waste of time with Koeman and there's an inevitability about how it all ends so I can't see the point prolonging it or wasting more money.

I can't see Bill or Moshiri wanting to sack him now, especially given the amount they invested in bringing Koeman here and given him by far the biggest transfer budget in the club's history. To sack him now would make them look very stupid and ruin their image in the media. Plus imagine what kind of payoff they would have to give Koeman for not doing his job properly.

But even if they do sack him, the next problem is finding the right manager who can actually work with the existing players we have and not order another radical overhaul of the squad in January or next summer.

September 29, 2017, 05:10:35 AM
Reply #732

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I reckon we could defo get Tuchel in.

Managed Mainz and had a pretty underwhelming spell at Dortmund.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't attract someone like that.

September 29, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
Reply #733

BlueBeagle

Tuchel isn't some hollywood manager we've no hope of attracting.

Did alright with a nothing club, got a big job, fucked it, been signing on down the German Jobcentre Plus for 6 month.

If we want him but can't get him then I'd be amazed.

September 29, 2017, 05:14:12 AM
Reply #734

BlueBeagle

Double post