October 20, 2017, 05:48:59 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 39386 times)

September 29, 2017, 05:14:14 AM
Reply #735

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we could defo get Tuchel in.

Managed Mainz and had a pretty underwhelming spell at Dortmund.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't attract someone like that.

Chelsea apparently sent people to talk to him at the start of the season about them having first dibs on him if Conte goes.
There really is zero chance he would come to us. All the top clubs want him, we are way down the pecking order.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 05:15:59 AM
Reply #736

BlueBeagle

All the top clubs want him, we are way down the pecking order.

They don't. They all have managers bar Munich

September 29, 2017, 05:16:35 AM
Reply #737

Macca77

Exactly

September 29, 2017, 05:16:58 AM
Reply #738

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea apparently sent people to talk to him at the start of the season about them having first dibs on him if Conte goes.
There really is zero chance he would come to us. All the top clubs want him, we are way down the pecking order.

Well that's all just speculation.

He's unemployed and the prospect of managing in the premier league with a financially backed historic club will be tempting for him.

He's the level of manager we should be looking to attract and I don't see him moving to any of the elite clubs yet.

We'd be a perfect fit for him.

September 29, 2017, 05:17:38 AM
Reply #739

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

You're kidding yourself if you think we have the slightest chance. He'll just wait till the end of the season and have some of the biggest clubs in the world as his options.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 29, 2017, 05:19:27 AM
Reply #740

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we could defo get Tuchel in.

Managed Mainz and had a pretty underwhelming spell at Dortmund.

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't attract someone like that.

Plus we play a shit load of money to our manager too.

September 29, 2017, 05:19:56 AM
Reply #741

Lxxx

You're kidding yourself if you think we have the slightest chance. He'll just wait till the end of the season and have some of the biggest clubs in the world as his options.

Based on what?

September 29, 2017, 05:23:23 AM
Reply #742

BlueBeagle

Your missing yourself if you think we have the slightest chance. He'll just wait till the end of the season and have some of the biggest clubs in the world as his options.

And they'd want him why? Dortmund didn't rate him enough to have him stay on clearly.

September 29, 2017, 05:23:39 AM
Reply #743

van der Meyde

Koeman's a decent coach, but a pretty average manager.

We've got internationals and midweek games pretty much up to the middle of November earliest.

It's not likely to get better before then if he hasn't got time on the training ground to coach his teams to do what he wants.

By then, if he doesn't work out how to put out a balanced team, 3 out of 4 competitions will be doomed.

September 29, 2017, 05:36:28 AM
Reply #744

KoemansNumberTens

The problem here is that regardless of results if he's responsible for the signings of Morgan, Keane, Sigurdsson, rooney and klassen then how the hell can you hand him more money and how the hell can we progress if you don't hand the manager more money

If they are his signings then barring a miracle turnaround individually then he simply can't be trusted to make decisions on players

September 29, 2017, 05:37:25 AM
Reply #745

bluenuck

At least the problem isn't that hard to fix. Koeman just needs to actually want to do it.

September 29, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
Reply #746

Rhys

Maybe, it's a more realistic shout than someone like ancelotti though. Don't forget koeman is top 10 highest paid managers in the world, gets more than Conte and simeone. Dortmund are paying bosz 40k a week and can't imagine tuchel was on any different so we pay koeman nearly 4 times that amount.

He may look for better options, but he is out of work and throwing 7m a year at him would certainly be the biggest paid offer he would get and that is how you can tempt someone like that. It would be hard to turn down that kind of money over potential jobs at Chelsea who likely keep conte and Bayern who could wait until they get nagelsmann and end up with nothing.

September 29, 2017, 06:19:13 AM
Reply #747

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh I think this season is gone due to the window anyway, if you bring someone new in I think they'd have the same problems. I agree with a lot of what Koeman says about players not being brave enough, players not being settled, I don't think they know each other's patterns and preferences yet and it might take longer to click than we would have liked.

He's got probably the rest of the year to turn it around realistically, if by crimbo we are still struggling like this then the trigger will get pulled I think.

Personally still sort of backing him to turn it around, I just wish I didn't have to.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 07:44:04 AM
Reply #748

Jamokachi

I'd be getting on the blower to Ancelotti's agent tonight in all honesty.

September 29, 2017, 08:26:48 AM
Reply #749

Ramjam

So at what point will Barca be coming in to take Koeman off our hands. Imagine the pay off it would save us
WE ARE THE PEOPLE