October 22, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 41425 times)

Mac934, Trowel, Waltzer and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 29, 2017, 03:09:29 PM
Reply #765

christiffa25

Koeman plays a shite style of football. Simple!

He's not helped by not having a top striker sure. But 90% of teams don't have one. And they don't look as piss poor as us. The 3 behind the striker are looking more of a problem to me. All the same players shoe horned in.

We had a better player in Barkley than the 3 players he's signed to replace him.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
Reply #766

Rodenplav64

He's not helped by not having a top striker sure. But 90% of teams don't have one. And they don't look as piss poor as us. The 3 behind the striker are looking more of a problem to me. All the same players shoe horned in.

We had a better player in Barkley than the 3 players he's signed to replace him.

I would think a different Manager could convince Barkley to sign .

September 29, 2017, 03:39:42 PM
Reply #767

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was worse under Martinez, wasn't it?

Seems like a lot of blues have made their minds up to me. Think Sunday will be a brutal atmosphere.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
Reply #768

Bluedylan

There's no way that a better manager wouldn't get more of a tune out of these players, even with an unbalanced squad.

Vlasic, Lookman and even Mirallas can all play wide, so we could start with a balanced team if Koeman wanted to, but he chooses not to.

There's no reaction from the players after all these bad performances. We're not coming out and reacting, which suggests to me that Koeman isn't getting any sort of message across.

I'd go all out for a Tuchel or Ancelotti, and if that didn't work out, I'd give it to Unsworth for now. Lots of clubs promote a talented youth manager from within. It's not unreasonable or unheard of at all.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 29, 2017, 03:43:01 PM
Reply #769

Rodenplav64

I love this site .The general consensus  changes with the wind .Now that he has said the players are afraid the "nutters are on the bandwagon" .He is still the same guy as last season .All this shit about however many no. 10's and the like ,they have 11 and we have 11 on the pitch and calling them what you like won't change that , it is up to the players once they are on the pitch .
He doesn't make them do bad passes ,he doesn't make the decisions that are the reason we are shit .The substitutes should be on from the start shout ,is childish that is exactly what they are for -to change the team !!
He chooses to rest some and gets slated .He chooses the kids everyone is championing and they play shit but he gets slated nevertheless .
 We can all see that what we really need is a real centre forward ,he knows and we know but sadly DCL is not good enough yet to carry the load . I too am not happy but this ranting serves no purpose other than pissing up the wall. What we need is to give him time .we all knew it was a hard start to the season ,what has changed that?
The new manager's being picked out the hat are just as silly ,one being put forward is unemployed made a shit job at a bigger team and yet still apparently would pass us up ! What the fuck.

You sound abit like I did when I was defending R------ M------- a few seasons back . But last season is being viewed as a success with someone elses team and this season looks worse with his team . He is a supposed top coach yet we can't even start the game with a system . Still all will be fine when we get The Titi Cammara like Bolasie back . I thought all would be fine once we got the hang of defending corners but the opposition seemed to have made that pointless by simply passing it through the gaps in General Koemans set up .

September 29, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
Reply #770

Captain Sarcasm

Am I the only one who weeks ago said we should give him time but now is starting to think "I'm not so sure"?

The fact we didn't play with any width or pace from the word 'go' last night, the farce over Niasse and his continued selection of Williams make me seriously question his judgement.

The Burnley game is massive and only a change in the set-up of the team and tactics will make me give him more time.

September 29, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Reply #771

Rodenplav64

I would think a different Manager could convince Barkley to sign .
It was worse under Martinez, wasn't it?

Seems like a lot of blues have made their minds up to me. Think Sunday will be a brutal atmosphere.

I am not sure it was worse . There was something satisfying about throwing away leads every week . It was exciting and rarely do you see fans screaming abuse ( though some were )when we win 6-3 .

September 29, 2017, 03:57:33 PM
Reply #772

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours that Ancelloti wants to move back to Premier League and West Ham potentially go for him. Fuck sake Everton, sack Koeman and get on the phone.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 29, 2017, 03:58:50 PM
Reply #773

nwatson

After last night I just wish the club would hurry up and sack him, giving someone new a few weeks to organise a proper system with some width before the next rounds of European games.
It won't happen though as just like with Martinez the board will let him stumble along picking up the odd scrambled win or draw in the league while dropping out of each cup competition.
By February we will be out of all competitions, sitting mid table in the league with nothing left to play for and pointless paying him off to get a replacement.
If it's going to be done it needs to be now while we still have things to play for.
Any sort of result on Sunday buys this clampete a few more games, which is a few to many.

BUT here's the thing that puzzles me about Koeman and his system. Last season before a ball was kicked he had the excuses rolled out. Mainly the Martinez regime was a shambles leaving him with a bunch of unfit players and an unbalanced squad. These excuses bought him a season of some terrible football at times as the players weren't fit enough to play his pressing game for a full match, and he hadn't got the players he needed.
SO wtf has happened to his pressing style now as I certainly haven't seen much off it this season. We play at a pedestrian pace which allows teams to press us. Our squad isn't unbalanced now as we have players to play with width but he doesn't use them.
Koeman is a bullshit artist. He blagged his way thru last season rolling out excuse after excuse on Martinez, and this season he rolled out the board not getting a target man.
Just get rid. At this stage it doesn't matter who comes in, as they would do a better job and pick a more effective team
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:01:42 PM by nwatson »

September 29, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
Reply #774

Bluedylan

No way any of the 'Top 6' would tolerate this continued ineptitude (maybe apart from Arsenal but they've lost the plot a bit). Sometimes the braver, bolder, more progressive decision is to cut your losses, acknowledge that it hasn't worked and to change it while you still have something left to play for.

Let's see a demonstration of this ambition please.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 29, 2017, 04:06:48 PM
Reply #775

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours that Ancelloti wants to move back to Premier League and West Ham potentially go for him. Fuck sake Everton, sack Koeman and get on the phone.
Ancellotti has a lot on links with London after his Chelsea stay..... sadly could only see him heading back there

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 04:07:57 PM
Reply #776

BlueBeagle

Obviously Ancelloti has been a great manager but he's only worked with absolute top level players for at least the last decade.

Would he be willing to take on a job that can't promise him that? Would he even be able to do a job with a slightly-better-than-average squad?

September 29, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Reply #777

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Whats so annoying is how he played and set up at Soton would have made a lot more sense than this style he is trying here

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 04:13:21 PM
Reply #778

Lxxx

You could even offer the job to Ancelotti till the end of the season. No commitment either way then. He doesn't need the money or the hassle if it doesn't work out but if he turns it around and it touches him then we take it from there.

I know that might sound a bit fanciful but we need to start thinking a bit bigger now. If we're throwing 66m bids in for Costa it sounds like we're at least trying.

September 29, 2017, 04:17:18 PM
Reply #779

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Anchelotti would be an awful fit here.