November 18, 2017, 04:26:38 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55777 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:20:17 PM
Reply #780

penguinofdoom1878

Rumours that Ancelloti wants to move back to Premier League and West Ham potentially go for him. Fuck sake Everton, sack Koeman and get on the phone.

sound him out first then sack Koeman if hes interested, wouldnt cost much to buy him out.

However we are getting Ancelotti like we are singing van Dijk, Costa & Cavani

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 04:21:39 PM
Reply #781

AllyBlue14

I'm not really into sacking people 8 weeks into a season, but the concern is that there are obvious answers to our problems and Koeman continually chooses to ignore them. Either that or he can't see them, which is worse still.

Obviously we're missing a player or 2 in key areas and waiting for a couple of others to bed in properly. But he's turned us into the football equivalent of a 2 inch penis - zero penetration.

September 29, 2017, 04:23:43 PM
Reply #782

Bluedylan

We look like he got the job yesterday morning. There's no collective pressing, no discernible patterns of play with the ball, we look chaotic in defence, we never have balance, we frequently play two DMs and still give oceans of space in front of our defence, he openly criticises the players that he's brought in with alarming regularity, he plays systems with wingbacks regularly and neglects that the wingbacks are the most important players in that system.

I'm not even sure what the case for the defence of Koeman is or would be anymore, if his managerial performance was on trial. A judge would throw the case out of court and would reprimand the defence lawyer for wasting the court's time.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 29, 2017, 04:35:13 PM
Reply #783

gizzblue

Glad to see the general consensus is Koemams shite ....nice to see we can all agree sometimes.

September 29, 2017, 05:32:11 PM
Reply #784

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's no way that a better manager wouldn't get more of a tune out of these players, even with an unbalanced squad.

Vlasic, Lookman and even Mirallas can all play wide, so we could start with a balanced team if Koeman wanted to, but he chooses not to.

There's no reaction from the players after all these bad performances. We're not coming out and reacting, which suggests to me that Koeman isn't getting any sort of message across.

I'd go all out for a Tuchel or Ancelotti, and if that didn't work out, I'd give it to Unsworth for now. Lots of clubs promote a talented youth manager from within. It's not unreasonable or unheard of at all.

Not convinced tbh
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 05:33:19 PM
Reply #785

Bluedylan

September 29, 2017, 05:37:06 PM
Reply #786

SANA_DR0

Glad to see the vast majorities views on Koeman are changing..

If everyone can see it who attended the match, surely something is wrong. i know we aint all expert managers, but if the issues are obvious to the vast majority of people, you dont need 125k a week to see it.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 29, 2017, 05:39:43 PM
Reply #787

dazfrancis

IF we were to sack him we might as well go the whole hog and make St Oumar of Niasse our manager.

September 29, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Reply #788

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No way any of the 'Top 6' would tolerate this continued ineptitude (maybe apart from Arsenal but they've lost the plot a bit). Sometimes the braver, bolder, more progressive decision is to cut your losses, acknowledge that it hasn't worked and to change it while you still have something left to play for.

Let's see a demonstration of this ambition please.

We're a million million miles away from top 6 though, we're playing a different game to them and have totally different goalposts.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 06:29:05 PM
Reply #789

Bluedylan

We're a million million miles away from top 6 though, we're playing a different game to them and have totally different goalposts.

We are right now but I'm not sure we should be, given that Koeman has spent in excess of 220m in about 14-15 months. City, Utd and Chelsea are operating on a different level, agreed, but there's no reason we shouldn't be closer to the other 3, given their problems and resources.

September 29, 2017, 06:48:45 PM
Reply #790

Mayor Farnum

So sack Koeman and bring in either Ancellotti or Unsworth. Are we going to consider any other novices that are having a modicum of success at under 23 level or is it just between ex-Everton players and a bloke who can have his pick of most of the world's top clubs and won't be rushing any decisions anyway?

September 29, 2017, 06:49:41 PM
Reply #791

everton1952

Unsworth would get the job for the few days it took to get someone in but not beyond that. It would be ludicrous to put a man with zero experience into this mess. I am still not for sacking Koeman, not until we are near the bottom by December. Europa and the league cup (Chelsea reserves) are more or less gone, the league remains. Judge him on that.

September 29, 2017, 06:57:41 PM
Reply #792

Hawkandro

I would think a different Manager could convince Barkley to sign .

I think a different manager wouldn't have ostracised Ross in the first place.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 29, 2017, 06:59:24 PM
Reply #793

Bluedylan

So sack Koeman and bring in either Ancellotti or Unsworth. Are we going to consider any other novices that are having a modicum of success at under 23 level or is it just between ex-Everton players and a bloke who can have his pick of most of the world's top clubs and won't be rushing any decisions anyway?

Not sure I get your logic. Koeman only has a managerial career because of his achievements and reputation as a player. That's how he initially got a job, and that has carried him through for the most part, with the occasional bit of relative success sprinkled in.

Unsworth was an average player at best but has been managing and working with players and succeeding at his level. He understands the culture of our club, knows all our best young players inside out, appears to be a very good communicator and man manager, tries to play football.

He wouldn't be my no. 1 candidate but he certainly should be considered and I genuinely think that if we installed him tomorrow we'd have a better season than if we kept Koeman til the summer.

September 29, 2017, 07:04:09 PM
Reply #794

Lxxx

I do think even a manager like Sean Dyche for example would get more out of this side than Koeman. I'm obviously not advocating we go for him and it's not just because he looks like an assistant manager at Currys but he's just an example of a bloke who seems to do the simple things very well and manages to utilise what he has using a very common sense approach and his players seem to like him.
I just don't think Koeman is a very good manager of people and has quite a stubborn abrasive personality, which in any profession isn't going to endear you to many.