October 19, 2017, 10:47:59 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 37292 times)

September 29, 2017, 07:10:50 PM
Reply #795

SANA_DR0

Unsworth would get the job for the few days it took to get someone in but not beyond that. It would be ludicrous to put a man with zero experience into this mess. I am still not for sacking Koeman, not until we are near the bottom by December. Europa and the league cup (Chelsea reserves) are more or less gone, the league remains. Judge him on that.

lol, nice sarcasm, might as well waste the season. I think that was the plan when we spent all the money in the summer..
give Unsworth the fa cup and the second half of the season, watch the remarkable improvement with same set of players.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 07:14:30 PM
Reply #796

Hawkandro

Part of me thinks Unsworth could do a good job, especially if the club are as intent on blooding the youngsters as we claim to be.

Who better to blood them than the guy who has managed them for the past few years, and knows everything about them and how they would fit in to the team?

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 29, 2017, 07:14:44 PM
Reply #797

hannu

ive been hearing a few things about koeman, dont know how true,

1 the players dont like him, when williams signed he only spoke to him once in 6 weeks, and is ment to be very arrogant

2 apparently when he turns up at finch farm (emphasis on when, will cover in a min) he comes in walks past everyone does not acknowledge anyone or say hello, he just walks straight to his office and shuts the door

3 apparently he hasnt been turning up to do any training with the players, Ferguson has been having to do all the coaching in his absence 

September 29, 2017, 07:18:28 PM
Reply #798

everton1952

Sounds like Sir Alex Ferguson and he did OK, so don't worry about "what you hear" in whichever pub you heard it.

September 29, 2017, 07:20:01 PM
Reply #799

piggypop

This is why I'll give him time. Said earlier - with a senior striker playing, we would've scored at least another 5 goals this season. Goals change games. Lukaku takes Rooney's chance against Utd, and takes DCLs awful misses. Not saying we'd be playing great football but we'd be getting better results.

The board and Walsh are to blame for most of this shambles. They're the ones who failed to deliver for two summers running. Unbalanced squad which isn't the mangers fault...the manager is essentially the head coach. Ancelotti wouldn't touch us as he'd just look at our record since the takeover and realise we're just fucking wannabes.
I don't buy the argument that the transfer window is all the board/Walsh's fault. They seem to have got all of Koeman's main targets in except for the striker, even massively overpaying for Sigurdsson who Koeman was very clear that he wanted.

Koeman himself has said there was no point going for a lesser quality striker once the first 2 options he wanted weren't possible. We're not Real Madrid, so of course there's a big chance high quality players won't come. Therefore you need to go for someone who can "do a job" when you have a glaring hole in the squad. Even Andre Gray would have improved what we have now and was available.
It's negligence.

There was talk he didn't want to bring in anyone who wasn't an improvement on DCL. Well as promising as he is, there are a lot of better strikers in the Prem right now. And if he rates him so highly, why not play him?

I don't see koeman getting any better, or changing what he does due to a tactical rethink, so we should get rid before he causes more damage.

September 29, 2017, 07:21:07 PM
Reply #800

hill135

Wouldn't be averse to Unsworth myself

September 29, 2017, 07:25:43 PM
Reply #801

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We are right now but I'm not sure we should be, given that Koeman has spent in excess of 220m in about 14-15 months. City, Utd and Chelsea are operating on a different level, agreed, but there's no reason we shouldn't be closer to the other 3, given their problems and resources.

I disagree, we've spent a lot of money for one year - we've been consistently outspent in fees and wages for the better part of 20 years. You don't catch up with 5 players no matter how expensive they are.

Plus, if you take away the insane inflation of that transfer window, we're even further behind in our outlay.

Fact is, we spent a lot of money but we were still buying players from a totally different level that the top 6 operate at. we've bought players that should have helped push us further away from those below us, but most wouldn't get in the top 6, let alone the fact that most of the top 6 have options on the bench that would walk in to our team ahead of them. That doesn't mean we bought poorly, that's a different convo, I think we bought about the level of players we could feasibly attract.

I think we're another 2-3 years off cracking the top 6 regularly (not talking freak Moyes 4th or freak Martinez 5th I'm talking being up there) and I don't think it's unrealistic to say we want to overturn 20 years of being fucking dross with the odd decent window in between and it's going to take us 5 years to do it.

Do I think this season looks like we've headed in the right direction? Nah. But I think the money we've spent has given some of our fans the impression of our ambition that is sadly misguided, and it's leading to even less patience among blues.

I'm not happy, the style has been shit, I can't see what he's trying to do, I don't understand why he's persisting with who he's persisting with, but I'm willing to accept the idea that there are factors at play beyond it being the managers fault, and i feel idea that chopping off the limb will heal the systemic problem is an overly simplistic one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:28:31 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 07:30:50 PM
Reply #802

Lxxx

ive been hearing a few things about koeman, dont know how true,

1 the players dont like him, when williams signed he only spoke to him once in 6 weeks, and is ment to be very arrogant

2 apparently when he turns up at finch farm (emphasis on when, will cover in a min) he comes in walks past everyone does not acknowledge anyone or say hello, he just walks straight to his office and shuts the door

3 apparently he hasnt been turning up to do any training with the players, Ferguson has been having to do all the coaching in his absence 

I had heard similar from a lad I know in Liverpool who is usually on the money. Of course it might just be the same Chinese whispers but if we were flying I'd be less inclined to believe it, the fact it looks like there's a disconnect all around the place at the minute leads me to give it a little more credence.

September 29, 2017, 07:30:56 PM
Reply #803

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I disagree, we've spent a lot of money for one year - we've been consistently outspent in fees and wages for the better part of 20 years. You don't catch up with 5 players no matter how expensive they are.

Plus, if you take away the insane inflation of that transfer window, we're even further behind in our outlay.

Fact is, we spent a lot of money but we were still buying players from a totally different level that the top 6 operate at. we've bought players that should have helped push us further away from those below us, but most wouldn't get in the top 6, let alone the fact that most of the top 6 have options on the bench that would walk in to our team ahead of them. That doesn't mean we bought poorly, that's a different convo, I think we bought about the level of players we could feasibly attract.

I think we're another 2-3 years off cracking the top 6 regularly (not talking freak Moyes 4th or freak Martinez 5th I'm talking being up there) and I don't think it's unrealistic to say we want to overturn 20 years of being fucking dross with the odd decent window in between and it's going to take us 5 years to do it.

This is whats been pissing me off this year
Media cant talk about us without saying and they splashed 150m so should they be breaking the top 4?

Other clulbs have been spending 150m for the past 10yrs
We cant just catch them cos of one window, a window in where city and utd spent over 200m, Chelsea over 100, liveroppl about 100 etc etc

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 07:33:56 PM
Reply #804

Lxxx

We shouldn't be struggling as badly as we are though. We have comfortably the 7th best squad in the league and we're performing like a lower mid table side at best. We all knew it was a slow process to catch the top 6, what we didn't bank on was going backwards despite increasing the outlay on players and getting more things right off the pitch.

September 29, 2017, 07:35:22 PM
Reply #805

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We shouldn't be struggling as badly as we are though. We have comfortably the 7th best squad in the league and we're performing like a lower mid table side at best. We all knew it was a slow process to catch the top 6, what we didn't bank on was going backwards despite increasing the outlay on players and getting more things right off the pitch.
Pts wise we have the same as we did against the teams we have played last year

However, we have been wank in getting them

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 07:35:46 PM
Reply #806

hannu

Sounds like Sir Alex Ferguson and he did OK, so don't worry about "what you hear" in whichever pub you heard it.

i wasnt in a pub

September 29, 2017, 07:41:20 PM
Reply #807

Lxxx

Pts wise we have the same as we did against the teams we have played last year

However, we have been wank in getting them

Fair point. It just appears we've not progressed and if anything have gone backwards since last season. We have two games a week for the foreseeable so he either turns it around quickly or we're in for a disappointing season after such high hopes in the summer.

September 29, 2017, 07:46:02 PM
Reply #808

Simon Paul

Administrator
when asked if he could have done anything differently to change results he said "I don't know"

GET OUT

September 29, 2017, 07:46:04 PM
Reply #809

Rodenplav64

I do think even a manager like Sean Dyche for example would get more out of this side than Koeman. I'm obviously not advocating we go for him and it's not just because he looks like an assistant manager at Currys but he's just an example of a bloke who seems to do the simple things very well and manages to utilise what he has using a very common sense approach and his players seem to like him.
I just don't think Koeman is a very good manager of people and has quite a stubborn abrasive personality, which in any profession isn't going to endear you to many.

Dyche plays players in their correct position which is why the simple things appear simple . Try and make simple complicated by fucing about with the starting formation every week and Sean Dyche pretty soon becomes Ronald Koeman .