October 21, 2017, 04:21:30 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 40041 times)

Mac934 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 29, 2017, 07:51:01 PM
Reply #810

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fair point. It just appears we've not progressed and if anything have gone backwards since last season. We have two games a week for the foreseeable so he either turns it around quickly or we're in for a disappointing season after such high hopes in the summer.
Oh I totally agree with you, the football we are serving is dire, we have no style, no flow, nothing really

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 07:57:44 PM
Reply #811

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We should bring in [blank], he got Europa with Southampton despite having to sell his best players year on year, then got Everton back in the top 7 after two shite years outside the top 10. Good pedigree in the game and has won trophies with...

Do any of you not see the flaws in the logic?

I don't believe what we're seeing right now is what Koeman intends. I don't believe he sets us up to be negative and frightened in possession and I think he is as disappointed as everyone else. I don't believe throwing ademola Lookman on will solve all our problems and I think it's unfair to judge the side until it's fully bedded in.

Huge upheaval, poor recruitment, sold out best striker in 30 years and failed to replace, new system with new players and bedding in 3-4 u23 players. He needs more time.

I am VERY unhappy with the season, but it's too soon to pull the trigger.

P.s the unsworth thing is pure shite and you make yourself look an idiot by posting it imho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 07:58:34 PM
Reply #812

Hawkandro

If he has lost the players, you have to admit, that is fast fucking work. Half the team are his now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 29, 2017, 08:21:03 PM
Reply #813

Bluedylan

P.s the unsworth thing is pure shite and you make yourself look an idiot by posting it imho.

The 'h' needs to be taken out. Not much humility in that comment.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 29, 2017, 08:22:30 PM
Reply #814

ally2

I'm starting to really dislike our fans. All I can say for the moment is thank God most of you lot (hopefully) don't have any influence at the club. As shit as the lot that turned up last night and sat in silence waiting to be entertained. Absolutely spineless. Is this how people deal with adversity?  Is this modern life or the modern football fan?

September 29, 2017, 08:23:26 PM
Reply #815

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Always thought the H stood for honest

Well you learn sommet new everyday

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #816

KoemansNumberTens

Tbh I think this season is gone due to the window anyway, if you bring someone new in I think they'd have the same problems. I agree with a lot of what Koeman says about players not being brave enough, players not being settled, I don't think they know each other's patterns and preferences yet and it might take longer to click than we would have liked.

He's got probably the rest of the year to turn it around realistically, if by crimbo we are still struggling like this then the trigger will get pulled I think.

Personally still sort of backing him to turn it around, I just wish I didn't have to.

Assuming Keane Sigurdsson Morgan rooney are his players are you happy for him to have another transfer window. He seems to like the overpriced safe bets who aren't quite good enough

September 29, 2017, 08:26:59 PM
Reply #817

Bluedylan

Always thought the H stood for honest

Well you learn sommet new everyday

Didn't think about that. Maybe you're right and it is 'honest', in which case I apologise.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 29, 2017, 08:27:56 PM
Reply #818

Lxxx

Assuming Keane Sigurdsson Morgan rooney are his players are you happy for him to have another transfer window. He seems to like the overpriced safe bets who aren't quite good enough

There's nothing wrong with them players though, they're all just playing way under their potential at the moment. The key is unlocking the talent we have in the squad not keep buying more players.

September 29, 2017, 08:30:50 PM
Reply #819

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Isn't it honest?

Edit: just seen the above.

Listen yeah I am sorry it was a bit of a wind up comment and I don't like saying stuff like that especially to posters I generally think of as level headed and articulate but I keep seeing it everywhere and it's winding me up so much for reasons explained elsewhere.

It's just pure fantasy I can't understand it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:32:44 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 08:40:45 PM
Reply #820

Bluedylan

Isn't it honest?

Edit: just seen the above.

Listen yeah I am sorry it was a bit of a wind up comment and I don't like saying stuff like that especially to posters I generally think of as level headed and articulate but I keep seeing it everywhere and it's winding me up so much for reasons explained elsewhere.

It's just pure fantasy I can't understand it.

Just learned from google it can be either, which I didn't know. Learnt summat there, as Jimmy says.

Anyway no worries. Maybe I've reached an 'anyone but Koeman' mentality too early, but I personally don't see why Unsworth couldn't work. Lots of clubs promote from within and in some famous cases it has worked (and not in others, admittedly).

I just don't see why it should be dismissed as absurd. He has achieved pretty much the maximum he could at his level (winning the title, and graduating numerous players into the first team). He's meeting and exceeding his targets.

If it was a company and the big manager was failing badly, and the sub-manager was doing great things at the level below, surely you would consider him as a possible candidate?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:41:50 PM by Bluedylan »

September 29, 2017, 08:40:58 PM
Reply #821

van der Meyde

I am VERY unhappy with the season, but it's too soon to pull the trigger.
How long do you give him then, do you let him have another transfer window?

What does it take to tip you against him?

September 29, 2017, 08:42:25 PM
Reply #822

blue1948

How much time do you need to show progress or beginnings of a direction and system, how long does it take to stitch a chickens head on.
Not long but he still can't run!

September 29, 2017, 08:43:06 PM
Reply #823

KoemansNumberTens

I don't buy the argument that the transfer window is all the board/Walsh's fault. They seem to have got all of Koeman's main targets in except for the striker, even massively overpaying for Sigurdsson who Koeman was very clear that he wanted.

Koeman himself has said there was no point going for a lesser quality striker once the first 2 options he wanted weren't possible. We're not Real Madrid, so of course there's a big chance high quality players won't come. Therefore you need to go for someone who can "do a job" when you have a glaring hole in the squad. Even Andre Gray would have improved what we have now and was available.
It's negligence.

There was talk he didn't want to bring in anyone who wasn't an improvement on DCL. Well as promising as he is, there are a lot of better strikers in the Prem right now. And if he rates him so highly, why not play him?

I don't see koeman getting any better, or changing what he does due to a tactical rethink, so we should get rid before he causes more damage.

I think the window is in fact koemans fault. I think he's very insistent on who he wants when it comes to big money first team player and utterly inflexiable on it.

September 29, 2017, 08:47:58 PM
Reply #824

KoemansNumberTens

There's nothing wrong with them players though, they're all just playing way under their potential at the moment. The key is unlocking the talent we have in the squad not keep buying more players.

Think there's plenty wrong with all of them to be honest. Think pretty much everyone we overpaid for and/or had infinitely more pressing matters