December 11, 2017, 08:19:58 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 61769 times)

September 29, 2017, 08:48:58 PM
Reply #825

Rodenplav64

There's nothing wrong with them players though, they're all just playing way under their potential at the moment. The key is unlocking the talent we have in the squad not keep buying more players.

You could say he did better with the squad he inherited although that seemed to go from the best we had had in years to the worse once he started slagging the players and set up . To my mind he has set himself up for the fall because the Board backed his clear out , issue with Barkley , treatment of Niasse and head on pursuit of the missing link in Siggurdsson . Shame he wasn't as hell bent on getting a striker to replace Lukaku who he must have known was leaving midway through last season .

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 08:54:08 PM
Reply #826

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How long do you give him then, do you let him have another transfer window?

What does it take to tip you against him?

Knowing me we'll probably lose against Burnley and I'll be calling for his head.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 08:54:57 PM
Reply #827

Lxxx

There's still a lot to like about the squad we have. We've got arguably the most talented bunch of youngsters in the league and a lot of otherwise good players. Granted we're a bit light at the back and up top but it's not like it was under Moyes when we really scraping the barrel at times.
That squad is capable of 7th position and a proper run in the cups. Talk of top 6 would have been premature anyway even if we would have started better but the sum is currently less than the individual parts, that's the issue.

September 29, 2017, 08:54:59 PM
Reply #828

everton1952

I'm starting to really dislike our fans. All I can say for the moment is thank God most of you lot (hopefully) don't have any influence at the club. As shit as the lot that turned up last night and sat in silence waiting to be entertained. Absolutely spineless. Is this how people deal with adversity?  Is this modern life or the modern football fan?
It is really difficult when you travel and pay to watch the sort of abysmal display we saw last night. The crowd was completely silent, so bad was the first half. The hostility and anger came a bit later. Maybe it is our pedigree and expectation? Can Everton NSNO really descend to this level of performance? I disagree with you. My sympathy is entirely with myself, my son and the rest of the Evertonians who witnessed a disgraceful display, almost completely without merit, against a poor Cypriot team. The expressions on the faces of departing supporters after the game was over was sad to see.  Afraid to play on 30,000+ per week are they?

September 29, 2017, 08:58:17 PM
Reply #829

mikey_blue

Ancelotti available? lol

September 29, 2017, 08:59:15 PM
Reply #830

Waltzer

Ancelotti available? lol

Off to West Ham, if you believe some of the rumours (I dont!!)

September 29, 2017, 09:13:29 PM
Reply #831

mikey_blue

Off to West Ham, if you believe some of the rumours (I dont!!)

Only a West Ham fan could believe that!

September 29, 2017, 09:16:19 PM
Reply #832

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Re : unsworth

Must be managing one of the most well funded U23 squads in his league in what we all must agree is a bumper period for scouse products also.

He's done literally nothing, he needs to go and manage a team and achieve something before he's even considered.

I like the man I really do but I can't get my head around wanting to promote a relative amateur. How does that marry with the idea of wanting to act like a big club?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 09:30:01 PM
Reply #833

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
@brap2 just to be clear all the likes don't mean I fancy you, I just agree with absolutely everything you're saying and no one else is saying it.

You sexy animal.

September 29, 2017, 09:32:12 PM
Reply #834

van der Meyde

Knowing me we'll probably lose against Burnley and I'll be calling for his head.
Hahaha

But seriously, I genuinely don't really speak to anybody saying give him more time. I'd love to understand the thought process, because I'm guessing these differences are based on different assumptions and approaching the season differently.

What did were your realistic expectations for this season once Lukaku had been sold? What were they once the transfer window closed? What are you realistically hoping Koeman delivers by the end of his 3 years here?

My opinions are obviously coloured by deciding that I'd have liked Koeman to be replaced after his first season in charge. Realistically I didn't see any hope of Everton finishing higher than 7th when the season started, I wanted us to get to the quarters onwards of domestic cups (excepting occasions like meeting Chelsea in an early round) and at a minimum get out of the Europa group stages.

By the end of Koeman's tenure, I'd like to see us able to compete with the top 6 and close the gap on them. Not necessarily finish in the top 6 - I don't think it's fair to set targets that rely heavily on other teams - but generally I want us to improve our goal difference year on year. If that's done by conceding fewer goals, fine. If it's done by scoring more goals, even better. If we've got ambitions of finishing higher, we better make damn sure that we're close to finishing with a GD of at least +20, we better make damn sure that we've got a plan in place that will see us score close to 70+ goals.

They are targets independent of another team's performance, they rely solely on Everton. I don't see any indication that we're going to get closer to a team or system capable of meeting them. In fairness though, I decided that before the summer barely began.

September 29, 2017, 09:33:27 PM
Reply #835

Lxxx

Re : unsworth

Must be managing one of the most well funded U23 squads in his league in what we all must agree is a bumper period for scouse products also.

He's done literally nothing, he needs to go and manage a team and achieve something before he's even considered.

I like the man I really do but I can't get my head around wanting to promote a relative amateur. How does that marry with the idea of wanting to act like a big club?

I think one of the reasons behind any Unsworth shout isn't out of choice but out of necessity. If we don't improve and it looks clear he has to go, and the decent managers out of work don't fancy us and other target managers in a job aren't willing to move so early in a season, then I think people are basically saying it would be worth a shot to give him the reigns for the foreseeable on a caretaker basis, or until the end of the season at a push if things take an upturn.

I don't think anyone is shouting for him to replace Koeman permanently but as a convenient option to steady the ship, who needs no time to settle, he might be on the radar of the board, bearing in mind how highly regarded he is.

September 29, 2017, 09:45:19 PM
Reply #836

blue1948

Part of me thinks Unsworth could do a good job, especially if the club are as intent on blooding the youngsters as we claim to be.

Who better to blood them than the guy who has managed them for the past few years, and knows everything about them and how they would fit in to the team?

Fitting into the team and being good enough are not the same .

September 29, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
Reply #837

blue1948

ive been hearing a few things about koeman, dont know how true,

1 the players dont like him, when williams signed he only spoke to him once in 6 weeks, and is ment to be very arrogant

2 apparently when he turns up at finch farm (emphasis on when, will cover in a min) he comes in walks past everyone does not acknowledge anyone or say hello, he just walks straight to his office and shuts the door

3 apparently he hasnt been turning up to do any training with the players, Ferguson has been having to do all the coaching in his absence 
And where did you hear this in K-kauppa ?

September 29, 2017, 09:49:22 PM
Reply #838

blue1948

when asked if he could have done anything differently to change results he said "I don't know"

GET OUT
Unfair comment Simon ,it is obvious if he knew he would have done it !

September 29, 2017, 09:53:47 PM
Reply #839

Lxxx

Unfair comment Simon ,it is obvious if he knew he would have done it !

Not really. He might think he's right and it's just a matter of time before he thinks it'll click.