December 11, 2017, 05:22:55 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 61837 times)

September 29, 2017, 09:58:56 PM
Reply #840

blue1948

Not really. He might think he's right and it's just a matter of time before he thinks it'll click.
So what does that mean? If he knew he would do it .What you wrote is irrelevant because if he thinks he is right ,then that is what he has done !!!!
If you want to raise an argument then at least post something worth it .

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 10:01:29 PM
Reply #841

Realist

Koeman is shit & refuses to accept that his tactics aren't working.
Get rid of him.
Even a manager who will just use players in their correct positions and operate without an ego will surely be an improvement on what's going on right now

September 29, 2017, 10:03:19 PM
Reply #842

bluenuck

We should bring in [blank], he got Europa with Southampton despite having to sell his best players year on year, then got Everton back in the top 7 after two shite years outside the top 10. Good pedigree in the game and has won trophies with...

Do any of you not see the flaws in the logic?

I don't believe what we're seeing right now is what Koeman intends. I don't believe he sets us up to be negative and frightened in possession and I think he is as disappointed as everyone else. I don't believe throwing ademola Lookman on will solve all our problems and I think it's unfair to judge the side until it's fully bedded in.

Huge upheaval, poor recruitment, sold out best striker in 30 years and failed to replace, new system with new players and bedding in 3-4 u23 players. He needs more time.

I am VERY unhappy with the season, but it's too soon to pull the trigger.

P.s the unsworth thing is pure shite and you make yourself look an idiot by posting it imho.

Not good enough or past it: Williams. Jags. Mori. Baines. Rooney. Martina.

Young, learning, still making mistakes: Davies. Holgate. Lookman. Dcl. Kenny. Even keane.

Adapting to a whole new league: Sandro. Klassen.

He needs some time.

September 29, 2017, 10:05:23 PM
Reply #843

Lxxx

So what does that mean? If he knew he would do it .What you wrote is irrelevant because if he thinks he is right ,then that is what he has done !!!!
If you want to raise an argument then at least post something worth it .

You either don't read or it doesn't sink in. He might not think his system and formation are the issue, he might just think the players are the problem. In which case it would explain his insistence on flogging the same narrow system but rotating the players. Until he's desperate then he changes things.

September 29, 2017, 10:16:01 PM
Reply #844

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hahaha

But seriously, I genuinely don't really speak to anybody saying give him more time. I'd love to understand the thought process, because I'm guessing these differences are based on different assumptions and approaching the season differently.

What did were your realistic expectations for this season once Lukaku had been sold? What were they once the transfer window closed? What are you realistically hoping Koeman delivers by the end of his 3 years here?

My opinions are obviously coloured by deciding that I'd have liked Koeman to be replaced after his first season in charge. Realistically I didn't see any hope of Everton finishing higher than 7th when the season started, I wanted us to get to the quarters onwards of domestic cups (excepting occasions like meeting Chelsea in an early round) and at a minimum get out of the Europa group stages.

By the end of Koeman's tenure, I'd like to see us able to compete with the top 6 and close the gap on them. Not necessarily finish in the top 6 - I don't think it's fair to set targets that rely heavily on other teams - but generally I want us to improve our goal difference year on year. If that's done by conceding fewer goals, fine. If it's done by scoring more goals, even better. If we've got ambitions of finishing higher, we better make damn sure that we're close to finishing with a GD of at least +20, we better make damn sure that we've got a plan in place that will see us score close to 70+ goals.

They are targets independent of another team's performance, they rely solely on Everton. I don't see any indication that we're going to get closer to a team or system capable of meeting them. In fairness though, I decided that before the summer barely began.

To be fair I feel like I've outlined them quite clearly above.

I thought we undersold and overbought. I thought the recruitment was poor and as I've said before I'd like a smarter man than me to look at the historical results of sides who've sold their best striker for thirty years, sides who've had wholesale changes and sides who have been trying to take a step up in level with such fierce competition. A cursory glance at milans season so far doesn't dissuade me that these are all factors.

I thought at the start of the year that 7th was both our minimum and maximum result. Anything less is failure, anything higher is unrealistic.

I think it takes longer than one window of over inflated spunking on mid table sides best players to turn around thirty years of penny pinching.

I know the lads at EBM have assured us all that net spend is meaningless but I'm not entirely convinced. Plus if we do look at wage amorticisation or whatever then I'm certain you'll see we are still light years away.

Unfortunately we've then had the problem of not replacing our best striker since we last won the league bar none hands down, having to change system anongst a mix of brand new players and youth players and a horrendous fixture list that has hindered them getting their groove and confidence together.

I said lose 2 out of the 4 home games and he'll be under genuine threat and I think past that if we're still struggling at crimbo he'll be under genuine threat.

I'm not particularly attached to Koeman and I do not think keeping him guarantees success but I think the argument above reads to me that time may breed confidence and understanding among the players which may heal quicker than ANOTHER upheaval in the form of bringing in another manager.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 10:21:12 PM
Reply #845

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
ive been hearing a few things about koeman, dont know how true,

1 the players dont like him, when williams signed he only spoke to him once in 6 weeks, and is ment to be very arrogant

2 apparently when he turns up at finch farm (emphasis on when, will cover in a min) he comes in walks past everyone does not acknowledge anyone or say hello, he just walks straight to his office and shuts the door

3 apparently he hasnt been turning up to do any training with the players, Ferguson has been having to do all the coaching in his absence 

Can't imagine this being true but if it is not only sack him but fucking knock him out an all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2017, 10:31:27 PM
Reply #846

Rodenplav64

You either don't read or it doesn't sink in. He might not think his system and formation are the issue, he might just think the players are the problem. In which case it would explain his insistence on flogging the same narrow system but rotating the players. Until he's desperate then he changes things.

Which seems to be exactly what he is doing . But if he has nothing to do with signing players how does he fix it without accepting it is him that is wrong . We all know how easy it is for players to down tools .

September 29, 2017, 10:41:53 PM
Reply #847

Juanito

He had two good seasons at Southampton and that was it. We are EVERTON and pay our manager 6 million a year now, that was probably double what Tuchel and Ancelotti  where on. Be as ruthless as Ron and get rid of him for a big gun.

September 29, 2017, 10:44:36 PM
Reply #848

Lxxx

He had two good seasons at Southampton and that was it. We are EVERTON and pay our manager 6 million a year now, that was probably double what Tuchel and Ancelotti  where on. Be as ruthless as Ron and get rid of him for a big gun.

Ancelotti was probably on double that at Bayern to be honest. We would comfortably be Tuchel's biggest payday though.

September 29, 2017, 11:07:11 PM
Reply #849

SANA_DR0

All koeman needs is 200 million more, plus Coleman and Bolassie.

that to me is stupid, He will persist with the same narrow formation, we will continue to have the same issues. but by the time some realize it will be game over for this season.. then they will say we need more time..

*shakes head*
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 29, 2017, 11:08:42 PM
Reply #850

blue1948

Just a shot in the dark here as I never have been on one of their sites ,this seems to me how it all unfolded at Chelsea and City when they came into a few bob .Get rid ,get rid and get rid .Buy ,buy and buy .For that I am out .

September 29, 2017, 11:11:43 PM
Reply #851

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
All koeman needs is 200 million more, plus Coleman and Bolassie.

that to me is stupid, He will persist with the same narrow formation, we will continue to have the same issues. but by the time some realize it will be game over for this season.. then they will say we need more time..

*shakes head*
No way we will be narrow with bolaisie and Coleman

Simply simply lovely

September 29, 2017, 11:30:32 PM
Reply #852

bluenuck

No way we will be narrow with bolaisie and Coleman

We won't be as narrow, but we will still be to narrow for this league. I'm not believing those two coming back is going to fix everything. I hope no-one is...

September 29, 2017, 11:34:15 PM
Reply #853

SANA_DR0

We won't be as narrow, but we will still be to narrow for this league. I'm not believing those two coming back is going to fix everything. I hope no-one is...

Lots are tho, the posts just keep on coming.. these posters even think that they will return to the same level they where before they got injured, i guess they dont think it will take them a few months if not longer to get back to a decent run of form.

Regardless of them coming back, we will still play with 2 holding midfielders and a false 9 anda couple of number 10s.

the same issues will persist. wish we can get to the end of the season already so more can see it.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 29, 2017, 11:49:25 PM
Reply #854

kramer0

Give Koeman more time to fashion something out of this group of players? Okay, fine.

But give Koeman more money to spend? He can get fucked if that's his only answer.

The squad is far from perfect but there's a competent eleven in there. If he really wants this job, he needs to work harder to find it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:50:39 PM by kramer0 »