October 16, 2019, 06:38:03 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 135062 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:47:13 PM
Read 135062 times

phillyt

No. Fucking ridiculous question. That performance yesterday was poor but Jesus Christ talking of sacking the man what the actual fuck?

The people clamouring for koeman to be sacked are probably the types who happy clapped kenwright and wanted to give Martinez till Christmas/end of the season/Christmas/end of the season. Probably sitting there over a wetherspoons breakfast calling moshiri a fraud.

Martinez delivered performances like that against the likes of hull fucking city and people were wanking themselves silly about how fucking clever he was.

Just no.

I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 15, 2017, 12:53:23 AM
Reply #1

phillyt

No. Fucking ridiculous question. That performance yesterday was poor but Jesus Christ talking of sacking the man what the actual fuck?

The people clamouring for koeman to be sacked are probably the types who happy clapped kenwright and wanted to give Martinez till Christmas/end of the season/Christmas/end of the season. Probably sitting there over a wetherspoons breakfast calling moshiri a fraud.

Martinez delivered performances like that against the likes of hull fucking city and people were wanking themselves silly about how fucking clever he was.

Just no.

Right now in the heat of the moment I'm ready to turn this post around and say fuck yeah sack the rubber faced  mayonnaise loving twat.  This isn't City/spurs/Chelsea. This isn't tired from 3 games in a week. This is a decent Italian team but nothing special. So far this performance is worse than anything I witnessed under Martinez.

This is a huge knee jerk, and in no way is it a definitive position. But short of a miracle comeback I'll be having a browse of the tickets for the koeman out bus.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 15, 2017, 05:56:41 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

NO!! WE are not Crystal Palace. Give him more time and then wield the axe. It is clear the players do not believe in him. Some of them are crap anyway, but other decent players are not performing. Sigurdsson, Keane, Rooney are good players. The rest are not up to much admittedly.

Do you know what I actually admire the decisiveness and bravery of the palace board to do what they did. No fucking about. Hands held up "we made a mistake but we are fixing it before too much damage is done"

This also isn't the same as palace. Koeman has had a season. This isn't players struggling to gel, this is players not knowing what to do, where to be, what the tactics are.

Defensively we have Keane in new, midfield is still schneiderlin and gueye. We should still be solid enough to defend well. We are after all managed by one of the better defenders from world football history. Last night aside the results don't worry me. The teams we have played in the league (stoke aside who we beat) you would accept losing too but realistically hope to get a good result.
It's the tepid, non directional, slow, passionless play devoid of imagination and identity. The team have nothing.
Yeah over the season we would comfortably expect to win more than we lose, pick up points and finish 6/7/8th but that's not progress, that's not ambition that's not good enough.
I'm not for a minute saying we will or should be finishing in the top 4 but after the summer we had we should be confident of pushing them. All the way and being in with a shot in the last few games.

It's all well and good being brutally honest, and taking the rap like he did last night but if you don't, won't or can't prepare a team of talented players for a match like that last night you are not entitled to be manager/head coach of Everton football club.
We had this with Martinez, give him a chance, it's a developing team, new ideas let them settle in. NO before too much damage is done get rid of this man and get in a coach who offers tactical astuteness and man management ability.

September 15, 2017, 07:55:43 PM
Reply #3

phillyt

I'm throwing a name out here, lads.

I'll get some ridicule (rightly so) but I think he could be a perfect fit.

Mikel Arteta

I wonder if we could find any money to pay his contract at city?

Where's the arteta money bill?

On a serious note I think an appointment of that nature will be too much of a risk. We need an established manager with a European and top league pedigree to come in.

September 16, 2017, 05:44:55 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

I think, given the structure at the club now, unsworth could come in and do a decent job. He is a well respected face around the club so the players would most likely take to him, in January when we need to strengthen again we have Walsh and moshiri to sell the idea of joining Everton so his inexperience their won't matter much and he would in theory give the young players a shot.

The thing is we don't just want decent, we don't want maybes, mostly and could do. We need to see progress we need to have someone who can take us forward. I always felt that rather than us being a stepping stone for koeman, he was a stepping stone for us. The stone is crumbling terribly now and is in danger of being washed away and carrying us down river. We need to step onto the next one now to take us closer to solid ground of where we need to be.

September 18, 2017, 07:52:43 PM
Reply #5

phillyt

Would it be a good idea to reset the poll at the top and see what the results would be now?  I know we did it a few times with the Martinez one and it was interesting to see the results slowly change.

September 30, 2017, 03:29:41 AM
Reply #6

phillyt

My wife's at work and I'm bored. :)
Should still probably find a girlfriend though.

October 01, 2017, 04:53:32 AM
Reply #7

phillyt

Sacking a manager seven games into a season after we were quite happy with his performance last year is stupid.

If it was just results then Iíd agree but the whole demeanour of the man is off, the performance, organisation everything is terrible. Even the victories have been tougher than necessary. By Christmas we will be out of the EL, CC and out of contention for European qualification through the league. I genuinely can not see why you would give any manager this crucial period of time given the nature of his failure so far.
I admired palace for doing what they did with fdb. But if he had got our job last year evertonians would have been saying he needs time even if we were bottom of the championship.

He is failing, he doesnít care about it, he canít turn it round. Get rid now and rescue the season. He will be fucking us off at the end of it anyway.

October 01, 2017, 09:36:06 PM
Reply #8

phillyt

I wonder if Southampton fans two years ago, before Koeman turned things around and they finished in the highest ever Premier League place with the highest ever Premier League points total, were  reacting in the same way Everton fans are reacting now. Or are we the special breed of bedwetters and crybabies?
Bedwetters? For wanting the best out of our club. We are bigger and better than Southampton. I donít give a flying fuck what their reaction was. We should not be satisfying with scraping into the Europa league. We should be aiming to get into the champions league. The players we have brought in there should be a semblance of cohesion. We are offering nothing. If your happy to sit and wait this out sound but Iím not. I had to watch the majority of Everton fans ridicule me saying Martinez had to go from January 2015. Making excuse after excuse for his failures, the assumption we would win the EL and move forward. Donít make the same mistake with koeman because I see absolutely no sign that this is going to improve. We struggled to get a result against Bournemouth, we are losing this another shocking performance. We were battered by a small club from Italy and a mid table team from Cyprus. We should have seen 4 easy wins out of that.
Where to you see the signs of change or improvement? Because I see none.

Itís not bedwetting, itís demanding that someone who is letting us down, failing is sacked before it gets any worse.

October 01, 2017, 10:18:05 PM
Reply #9

phillyt

We ARE bigger. But in recent history, NOT better, at least not since Southampton joined the PL and not if you make that claim based on actual results.

SEASON...EVERTON...SOUTHAMPTO N
2017.........16.............. ..12
2016..........7.............. ...8
2015.........11.............. ..6
2014.........11.............. ..7
2013.........5............... ...8

AVERAGE...10................8

It is well-understood that Southampton are probably the best run club in England. But no club emulates them because they are not patient enough. Most clubs still believe in the fantasy of the savior-manager. Most clubs' fans think all their problems can be solved in the transfer market. And Southampton just goes along, ignoring myths and making long-term, smart decisions that keep the club upper-mid table year after year.

In my opinion, if we ran our club as smart as Southampton, but with Moshiri money, we would threaten. But it might take 4-5 years. I am patient enough for that. Most fans at most clubs are not.

Sorry but Iím not accepting your little calculation. You havenít included the years before weíre southampton weíre not in the premier league because they were not as good as Everton.

But again I donít care what southampton do or have done. They sacked Puel after a year so your patience argument is out the window and why would they have sacked pochetino?

Letís get this straight As well, I do not want to see the back of koeman solely because of results. It is the abject, pathetic, impotent performances. Itís the appalling team selections. Itís admiting he didnít prepare a team for a vital European game. Itís the apparantly breakdown in communication with the players. This man is rotting out club from the inside and needs removing.

October 05, 2017, 05:01:00 AM
Reply #10

phillyt

So, I was having a generously proportioned shit before and was thinking about the situation we find ourselves in.
The other night I seen a video going round of celtic fans singing the Armstrong song, the tweet that linked it commented something along the lines of ďI wish we had a boss song about one of our playersĒ

So I was thinking about these two things separately when all of a sudden they cane together.

We canít go the match and create a negative atmosphere, because we donít want to upset the delicate flowers on the pitch, to let Ronnie know we are keen on seeing the back of him.

We also have a great song about one of our players, a player koeman dislikes and has had a very public battle with.

So if koeman is still here for the next home game (god help us) I think it would get his back up to sing the Ross barkley song over and over. Gets the message to koeman, but also creates a positive and energetic atmosphere for the players out on the pitch.

Bally, get the megafon out again. 🤔

October 23, 2017, 04:36:22 AM
Reply #11

phillyt

Apparently it's being announced tomorrow that he's being fired, Unsworth in charge interim.

Where have you got that from? Reliable info?