November 22, 2017, 05:21:35 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57425 times)

October 01, 2017, 10:25:04 PM
Reply #975

KingOfNapaValley

So who would be your replacement that has not been shit for other clubs and could actually bring us top 4?

And please only include managers available today who would WANT to come here, not pie in the sky nonsense.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 10:25:38 PM
Reply #976

D3blue

In answer to the question of the thread...the answer has swung to YES

October 01, 2017, 10:25:39 PM
Reply #977

Bwana

Go & stick your head in the microwave for 3 minutes

Oh. Is that so? You justified your counter-argument well, which leaves me only to concede and to say this:

Go and simulate coitus manually.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

October 01, 2017, 10:25:49 PM
Reply #978

kramer0

Some facts about our build-up play this season. All from before today's game but still interesting.

https://twitter.com/deepxg/status/914502639315976193

https://twitter.com/deepxg/status/912959126497562624

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/914103820267003905

Note: That pass was from Davies to Niasse.

Here's a video that describes some of the build-up issues using a few clips from the Bournemouth match.

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/914444428131160064

Our ineffectiveness with the ball is killing us. Not only is it hard for us to score, but we're having trouble keeping clean sheets because the ball is coming back at us more than it should. Something is wrong systemically and Koeman doesn't appear to have a clue about how to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:30:21 PM by kramer0 »

October 01, 2017, 10:26:17 PM
Reply #979

toffee_scot

Fortunately we have 2 weeks off from this absolute shambles and Kenwright was right there in the stadium looking glum watching the game. Whether the board does anything to address this situation, fuck knows.

The club will have to swallow its pride and write off this 'Koeman Project', he might be given lots of compensation but that's something we will just have to accept.

October 01, 2017, 10:29:36 PM
Reply #980

KoemansNumberTens

So who would be your replacement that has not been shit for other clubs and could actually bring us top 4?

And please only include managers available today who would WANT to come here, not pie in the sky nonsense.

Maybe no one can bring us top 4 currently theres plenty who wouldnt serve up this shite though. Does Koeman have a better managerial record than Big Sam (who everyone is horrified at the thought of) is he better than Dyche (another we all like to sneer at) If he wasnt a wonderful player hed have no manigerial career

October 01, 2017, 10:31:10 PM
Reply #981

Bluedylan

Course we should fire him. He's a big boy on big money and he knows the score. He'd be off like a shot if he got a better offer. There's no room for sentiment. This is a club and company spending hundreds of millions on players and on a stadium. His performance has been largely incompetent for a sustained period of time. Keeping him now, while we still have plenty to play for, would only compound that incompetence.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2017, 10:32:37 PM
Reply #982

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know if Moshiri is that trigger happy, or he'll have an abundance of patience in this situation. However, I'd say if he isn't gone with this international break coming up...he's probably going to be here a while yet.

Absolutely would need someone signed on the dotted line first though.

October 01, 2017, 10:33:11 PM
Reply #983

Macca77

Horrible to say but the bigger boys would be sacking him now, we won't though

October 01, 2017, 10:34:48 PM
Reply #984

TheTone

Maybe no one can bring us top 4 currently theres plenty who wouldnt serve up this shite though. Does Koeman have a better managerial record than Big Sam (who everyone is horrified at the thought of) is he better than Dyche (another we all like to sneer at) If he wasnt a wonderful player hed have no manigerial career

lots of truth in this, loads tend to always knock home grown managers, I'd include Pulis in this too, just not as sexy as a foreign name who may or may not have been a boss player in their day

October 01, 2017, 10:38:18 PM
Reply #985

KoemansNumberTens

lots of truth in this, loads tend to always knock home grown managers, I'd include Pulis in this too, just not as sexy as a foreign name who may or may not have been a boss player in their day

Id have Dyche, Big Sam or Unsworth today. I know thats not popular but wed be comfortably 7th and give the top teams a game under the 2 proven options. Sam and Dyche are both miles better than our last 2 managers possibly better than Moyes too. Theyd both potentailly be the best manager weve had for 20 years (granted its not high acclaim)

October 01, 2017, 10:39:26 PM
Reply #986

blue1948

Course we should fire him. He's a big boy on big money and he knows the score. He'd be off like a shot if he got a better offer. There's no room for sentiment. This is a club and company spending hundreds of millions on players and on a stadium. His performance has been largely incompetent for a sustained period of time. Keeping him now, while we still have plenty to play for, would only compound that incompetence.
I would love to slag that comment but I can't . That is sad ,as a true blue I am in despair ,the answer to it all evades me and sadly the PLAYERS and manager too . We cannot put the blame on just his shoulders ,I wish we could  .There are a lot of seasoned pros who should take a long hard look in the mirror tonight as well as the management team .But let's get this straight that it is much more than Koeman who are to blame for this shambles .

October 01, 2017, 10:42:44 PM
Reply #987

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Horrible to say but the bigger boys would be sacking him now, we won't though
Also the smaller teams..

October 01, 2017, 10:44:23 PM
Reply #988

Mac934

Also the smaller teams..
What does that make us?

October 01, 2017, 10:49:32 PM
Reply #989

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Id have Dyche, Big Sam or Unsworth today. I know thats not popular but wed be comfortably 7th and give the top teams a game under the 2 proven options. Sam and Dyche are both miles better than our last 2 managers possibly better than Moyes too. Theyd both potentailly be the best manager weve had for 20 years (granted its not high acclaim)

Yep. If anyone's the man to take us on and crack the top 4, it's Sam Allardyce.