November 23, 2017, 12:31:28 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57528 times)

October 01, 2017, 11:53:59 PM
Reply #1020

toffee_scot

It's getting harder to give him until January with performances like that, the sad thing is there is a fucking good team in there somewhere apart from a couple of obvious additions  required, if we can find this team that clicks we will be ok, I just don't think he has a clue now what to do next.
Further grim times ahead I feel.

I don't like the idea of him spending a lot more money in the January transfer window especially as he doesn't know what to do with the existing players he brought in this summer past.

But you're right, there are some very good players there, just incredibly demoralised and confused as to what it is they are supposed to be doing on the pitch. Also it seems some players don't have a good relationship with the coach and want out like Mirallas and Barkley, Niasse has conducted himself with an incredible integrity so I'm glad that he has forced his way into Koeman's plans even if it is only because there are no other striker options present at the club.

A new manager could potentially create a new slate and offered some players, especially those possessing pace and width, a chance to become part of the team again and play in a more coherent fashion.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 11:55:23 PM
Reply #1021

Smingers

Am I the only one who'd consider a return for Moyes?

Yes. Yes you are.

October 01, 2017, 11:55:33 PM
Reply #1022

eyesalwaysblue

A "director of football" only clouds the issue, better to assume they are both as shite as the other and fuck them both off and let them argue the toss on a beach somewhere or golf coarse or brothel or somert.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 01, 2017, 11:59:13 PM
Reply #1023

Martip

Am I the only one who'd consider a return for Moyes?
I wouldn't expect miracles from him but I honestly trusted him with funds more than RK and I would hope the board still have plans to spend.
One thing is certain to me, RK & Walsh shouldn't be trusted with money until things vastly change on the pitch, especially from this summers recruits.
Sorry but terrible shout

October 02, 2017, 12:02:05 AM
Reply #1024

Martip

No. But that doesn't mean we should replace him with Sam Allardyce.
I don't want him but he d be better Ronald no doubt

October 02, 2017, 12:03:10 AM
Reply #1025

SANA_DR0

can we reset the poll and change the options to sack now or not do sack. would like to get a feel of what nsno'ers think..
dont want to read why they want him sacked or not.. just a consensus..
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 02, 2017, 12:06:27 AM
Reply #1026

Ridge

I think everyone appreciates it was a difficult ask to essentially replace all our attacking players overnight. But he had more money than any previous manager or team that finished below us. We go to big clubs and roll over for a tummy tickle and struggle to impose ourselves or seem to have much of a plan on how to create chances, let alone good ones.

I don't see Koeman understanding how to use crowd to his advantage, how to use subs to not just change the style of play, but also give the crowd a lift and change the momentum. We were unlucky to go behind, but we needed changes at half time, or very shortly after when things continued where they left off in first half.

Davies is not Platini, but he has come on and changed momentum of games. Him and Niasse showed one of few signs of being able to link up, and they get separated and he brings off Vlasic who had looked more lively than most.

The players we have are clearly better than they are showing. Koeman situation seems opposite end of Martinez situation, in that Koeman seems unwilling to shed his defence first mentality, or have an idea about how to get a team to create.

October 02, 2017, 12:09:58 AM
Reply #1027

bluenuck

There's a blueprint out now on how to play against us. It's why it makes us look so bad. All opposing managers need to do is watch a few of our games from this season and they have it.

A good coach will change our way of playing to break through this blueprint.

October 02, 2017, 12:13:04 AM
Reply #1028

fubarruk

Yes, we're a 'nothing' side at the moment, someone needs to inject something, anything...

October 02, 2017, 12:13:48 AM
Reply #1029

christiffa25

Time to let him go now before this is a completely wasted season both at home and in Europe!

He's not gonna change. His football style is dull Dutch!! His and Walsh signings have been pretty poor really in terms of getting what we actually needed.

I don't believe for a second Barkley wanted to leave for football or money reasons. He wants out due to Koeman. As does mirallas. And imo there's a fair few players out there not playing for the manager.

Yes, get on the blower to ancelotti ! Don't know why people think he would automatically turn us down. Big PL team with money and ambition? And even though koemans doing his best to prove otherwise. A team with a squad of very good players!!

October 02, 2017, 12:18:48 AM
Reply #1030

The Analog Kid

As (possibly) mentioned on here before, Iíve heard Koeman is a bit of a control freak and has lost the dressing room with Lookman being his latest victim. I donít recall anything of this type going an at Southampton?

October 02, 2017, 12:21:49 AM
Reply #1031

Martip

As (possibly) mentioned on here before, Iíve heard Koeman is a bit of a control freak and has lost the dressing room with Lookman being his latest victim. I donít recall anything of this type going an at Southampton?
Didn't he fall out with mane and tadic  ?

October 02, 2017, 12:24:20 AM
Reply #1032

BlueBeagle

So what's the alleged story with Lookman?

October 02, 2017, 12:26:13 AM
Reply #1033

christiffa25

Didn't he fall out with mane and tadic  ?

He did yeah....
Tadic was completely disregarded from the first team if I remember correctly.

October 02, 2017, 12:30:36 AM
Reply #1034

The Analog Kid

So what's the alleged story with Lookman?

I didnít get told the full story, I just mentioned it to someone about the Mirallas and Barkley situation and they responded by saying that Lookman had fallen foul for whatever reason. Something is obviously not right, a side thatís crying out for wingers yet theyíre sat on their arses?!

These Dutch, past and present, do seem to have a chip on their shoulder or theyíre a bit mad like.