November 23, 2017, 09:56:17 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57705 times)

October 02, 2017, 03:43:49 AM
Reply #1080

Toddacelli

The sooner we make a change, the better. The new manager boost is our best chance of salvaging anything from this season and, generally speaking, probably our best chance of seeing a product on the field that we can actually enjoy.

At this point, I think our best move is to sack Koeman and Walsh, hire Unsworth as interim manager until the end of the season, and focus on doing an in-depth search for a qualified director of football. That is, someone who can help not only with recruitment but also with managerial appointments and the hiring of other backroom staff. This is the most important position at the club and we can't have another rush job like Walsh. It would be worth it for us to pay top dollar to get the very best DoF we can because the biggest edge for us to exploit is in the market for backroom staff, not in the market for players (where the richest clubs reign supreme).

I know Unsworth will be unpopular so let me explain why I think it's the right move for the rest of the season:

- We have enough to talent to stay clear of a relegation scrap.
- Unsworth's U23s are always well-organized, which is a 100% transferable skill to first-team management. He might get schooled by more experienced managers on occasion but we will not suddenly become a shambles (or more shambolic than we already are). He wouldn't be doing so well at the level he's at if his side wasn't disciplined tactically.
- Whatever tactical nous (not much on current form) or "experience" we lose by letting Koeman go will be offset by the improvement in man management. The U23s will pretty much run through a wall for this guy. Maybe his act won't be as effective on older pros but keep in mind that we have a lot of young, hungry players who are already important contributors (Pickford, Keane, Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Klaassen, Vlasic, Sandro, Calvert-Lewin, etc.). There's plenty there for him to work with, and a lot of those players already love and respect him. Plus, I have to imagine that he'll be pretty popular with a lot of the old guard, like Coleman, Baines, and Jagielka.
- Investing more minutes in the younger players now will pay dividends down the road.

I doubt we do anything at all but, if we do decide to act, I think that's our best play. As much as I'd like someone like Tuchel, I'm afraid that we'll continue to be a mess if we rush into finding a manager before we take care of the larger backroom problems at the club. (And if the backroom problems are Moshiri and Kenwright? Then we're well and truly fucked and no director of football or manager is going to sort it out, which is the scariest scenario and one that I prefer not to think about.)

You make a strong case and I love your posts, but this isn't an interim, this is most of the season and this type of appointment would make me very nervous. At the moment I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle, but adding a rookie manager to go head to head with Pep, Mourinho and the rest? I can see that ending not very well.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 03:47:02 AM
Reply #1081

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nows the perfect time to get rid.

Two week to scour Europe and sound out potential replacements.

I'd go all out for Tuchel at the moment. If he shows interest then get him in.

If he doesn't, still get rid of Koeman and give unsworth the job until the end of the season.

October 02, 2017, 03:48:14 AM
Reply #1082

Rodenplav64

Without a shadow of a fucking doubt . That was one of the worse home displays I have seen . Utter utter shite .

October 02, 2017, 03:48:21 AM
Reply #1083

Ramjam

Get him off to Barca ASAP
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 02, 2017, 03:48:32 AM
Reply #1084

everton1952

Unsworth my arse. We are not Mickey Mouse Athletic, at least not just yet. If that is the way you are thinking, I believe Mickey Mellon of Tranmere is due for the sack. Try him. If Koeman goes, and I admit I am losing faith in him, at least try for a proven competent coach. Rafa Benitez if he could be prised from Newcastle. Mind you the  damage may already have been done with regard to the squad, so any replacement will struggle with the rubbish we have recently bought.  Very difficult situation this, and I wish I knew what Moshiri is thinking. Imagine telling Giroud in January that Unsworth wants you. Who? or whatever the French is for Who?

October 02, 2017, 03:52:10 AM
Reply #1085

Bluedylan

Unsworth my arse. We are not Mickey Mouse Athletic, at least not just yet. If that is the way you are thinking, I believe Mickey Mellon of Tranmere is due for the sack. Try him. If Koeman goes, and I admit I am losing faith in him, at least try for a proven competent coach. Rafa Benitez if he could be prised from Newcastle. Mind you the  damage may already have been done with regard to the squad, so any replacement will struggle with the rubbish we have recently bought.  Very difficult situation this, and I wish I knew what Moshiri is thinking. Imagine telling Giroud in January that Unsworth wants you. Who? or whatever the French is for Who?

Good manager but I couldn't abide a manager who insulted us, as he did. Have some self respect.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 02, 2017, 03:56:42 AM
Reply #1086

dazfrancis

IF, big if, they were to employ Unsworth they would probably get Big Joe Royle in alongside him to advise him and have some experience in the dugout.

I imagine that would lift morale in the team a fuckload and even very senior players like Jags and Rooney would be fired up by having those two running things.

I mean, Koeman is fucking dour isn't he?

The Dutch Davie Moyes

October 02, 2017, 03:59:24 AM
Reply #1087

BlueBeagle

Sack him and fuck up his aspirations of managing Barcelona the same way he fucked up Everton's.

He's never managing Barcelona as long as he has a hole in his arse

October 02, 2017, 04:03:23 AM
Reply #1088

BlueBeagle

IF, big if, they were to employ Unsworth they would probably get Big Joe Royle in alongside him to advise him and have some experience in the dugout.

A bloke that's not managed at the top level since before I had pubes advising? No thanks.

May as well just go all out and wave some money at Ron Atkinson see if he fancies it.

October 02, 2017, 04:25:58 AM
Reply #1089

Normm

Unsworth brings players on to show great promise, according to their strengths. His players learn to play as a team and link up to great effect. There is nothing to be lost in giving him a chance to turn Everton around. By January, we should know. He deserves his promotion.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:47:07 AM by Normm »

October 02, 2017, 04:30:05 AM
Reply #1090

Macca77

October 02, 2017, 04:32:12 AM
Reply #1091

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

October 02, 2017, 04:38:05 AM
Reply #1092

terrydarracotsbaldpate

We lack genuine pace. w
Who was that lad in a tracky on the bench? It looked like Lookman, but it couldn't have been because even Mike Bassett would have realised he should've been given a run out today.

October 02, 2017, 04:38:45 AM
Reply #1093

everton1952

Dats it den as they say in certain parts. Mr Mosh has spoken. Ronald is going nowhere, except possibly to bed in a bad mood.

October 02, 2017, 04:43:04 AM
Reply #1094

Martip

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:50:40 AM by Martip »