November 24, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58277 times)

October 02, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
Reply #1125

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately we're going to wait until we're out of all the important stuff.

We might get something at Brighton in a couple of weeks in the league. We'll then draw with Lyon at home, lose to Arsenal at home, get knocked out of the league cup at Chelsea and then we'll get battered by Lyon in France and he'll get sacked.

Wouldn't be too surprised if this happens, though I'm not overly confident about getting something against Brighton or Lyon😂

All I want is us to be successful and to win regularly to cheer me up!

Winning those 5 would certainly be a start. Just really can't see that happening though. The line up and team set up/formation seems nowhere near settled or working and so many players seem low on confidence and not willing to step it up

Only real positive seems to be Calvert-Lewin and Pickford.Other players have been ok in bits

The confidence of the new signings seems to be shot. Keane, Sandro and Klaassen look like they aren't enjoying their time here at the moment

Schneiderlin, Gana and Williams seem out of sorts. The decline of Baines is becoming more and more noticeable and apart from the young players, the squad feels to be considerably weaker than I thought it was at the start of the season

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 02:05:05 PM
Reply #1126

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Youth? As in under 23's??
What are you getting at???
We went down the proven international big ego track last time and look at us now. Or maybe you want Big Sam or Brendan Rodgers in.

He's a great fella and he's as Everton as you can get but didn't someone say the other day he hasn't even got his full coaching badges?

A couple of years at U23 level doesn't qualify someone to coach a prem team, surely anyone can see that.

Being completely honest I think it would be a joke if we give him it, but if we do I would of course be 100% behind him and would love it to work. I just think we need something more on his CV than simply 'he's everton'.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 02:08:16 PM
Reply #1127

BlueBeagle

A couple of years at U23 level doesn't qualify someone to coach a prem team, surely anyone can see that.

Apparently not according to this forum

October 02, 2017, 02:16:30 PM
Reply #1128

sirblue57

has anybody seen this?

Very interesting...would.still prefer unsworth over Dyche but see the point.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 02, 2017, 02:22:15 PM
Reply #1129

sirblue57

If it's a choice.of.koeman till the end of the season. Or unsworth until manager X is available at the end of the season. Which would you want?

October 02, 2017, 02:24:07 PM
Reply #1130

Bluedylan

He's a great fella and he's as Everton as you can get but didn't someone say the other day he hasn't even got his full coaching badges?

Being completely honest I think it would be a joke if we give him it, but if we do I would of course be 100% behind him and would love it to work. I just think we need something more on his CV than simply 'he's everton'.

As has been pointed out before, he does have more than 'he's Everton' on his CV.

The two main criteria he is judged on are 'are you graduating young players into the first team?' - an overwhelming yes, and 'how are you performing in your league?' - he won it.

You also referred to him earlier as a 'youth coach'. He's the U23s team manager, overseeing that entire age group, picking teams, organising tactics, dealing with players' problems, managing people, dealing with media at times. He's not just some muppet who puts a couple of cones out twice a week.

Fair enough, you're not a fan of the idea but you're misrepresenting his duties and level of responsibility to suit your argument.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 02, 2017, 02:31:54 PM
Reply #1131

Rodenplav64

I hate the phrase ' lost the dressing room ' but looking at the sidelines yesterday ( which was as exciting as what was happening on the pitch ) Koeman had the look of an unloved Christmas pooch . Nobody seems to be putting it in for him at all and the only rational conclusion is he is far from popular even with players he has just signed . Interesting to find out what Mane , Pele , Tadic and a few others think of him . Martina loves him though .

October 02, 2017, 02:47:39 PM
Reply #1132

dazfrancis

has anybody seen this?

Did Koeman actually say we don't have any creative players?

October 02, 2017, 02:50:50 PM
Reply #1133

sirblue57

Probably.meant they cannot be creative in this quagmire of a system because it's fucking dire.....just lost in translation ...

October 02, 2017, 02:59:57 PM
Reply #1134

Waltzer

If it's a choice.of.koeman till the end of the season. Or unsworth until manager X is available at the end of the season. Which would you want?

Keep Koeman. I honestly think a majority of the problem is we dont have a striker. The game yesterday was crying out for someone to hold the ball up, it never happened. DCL tried but neither he, nor Niasse gave anything. They both pretty much stood centrally with little movement.
I do think there are other issues too and I dont know if its due to the influx of players but Baines really doesnt look interested and was a shadow of his former self yesterday. He lost the ball and there was little to know effort to get back. Its a bit of a shambles but the midfield and defence have no 'out ball' which means they generally have to go back which then creates frustration in the crowd.

October 02, 2017, 03:03:10 PM
Reply #1135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
As has been pointed out before, he does have more than 'he's Everton' on his CV.

The two main criteria he is judged on are 'are you graduating young players into the first team?' - an overwhelming yes, and 'how are you performing in your league?' - he won it.

You also referred to him earlier as a 'youth coach'. He's the U23s team manager, overseeing that entire age group, picking teams, organising tactics, dealing with players' problems, managing people, dealing with media at times. He's not just some muppet who puts a couple of cones out twice a week.

Fair enough, you're not a fan of the idea but you're misrepresenting his duties and level of responsibility to suit your argument.

I actually think I'm underegging it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 03:03:31 PM
Reply #1136

Martip

Wouldn't be too surprised if this happens, though I'm not overly confident about getting something against Brighton or Lyon😂

All I want is us to be successful and to win regularly to cheer me up!

Winning those 5 would certainly be a start. Just really can't see that happening though. The line up and team set up/formation seems nowhere near settled or working and so many players seem low on confidence and not willing to step it up

Only real positive seems to be Calvert-Lewin and Pickford.Other players have been ok in bits

The confidence of the new signings seems to be shot. Keane, Sandro and Klaassen look like they aren't enjoying their time here at the moment

Schneiderlin, Gana and Williams seem out of sorts. The decline of Baines is becoming more and more noticeable and apart from the young players, the squad feels to be considerably weaker than I thought it was at the start of the season
Agree with this mostly however I think some are overating what pickford and dcl have brought to the table. For me they've been average at best but because of how bad we 've been people are jumping on the bandwagon.

October 02, 2017, 03:13:40 PM
Reply #1137

sam of the south

We look shot to pieces.

Better shape and personnel yesterday, and we were the better side until we conceded, but their goal highlighted how fragile and sapped of any confidence our players are.

This has to be a failing of the management and coaching.

I also think we would've had more joy in those opening 20 minutes if Vlasic and Niasse had gone really out wide instead of tucking in (especially on the left, because Baines has severe vertigo if he gets too high up the pitch these days) 

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 02, 2017, 03:44:45 PM
Reply #1138

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with this mostly however I think some are overating what pickford and dcl have brought to the table. For me they've been average at best but because of how bad we 've been people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Agree with all that Stealth said and also your point about DCL but Pickford is a considerable upgrade on what we had.

October 02, 2017, 03:53:55 PM
Reply #1139

Ramjam

Jim has spoken
WE ARE THE PEOPLE