November 19, 2018, 12:52:16 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 108607 times)

September 29, 2017, 07:46:04 PM
Reply #30

Rodenplav64

I do think even a manager like Sean Dyche for example would get more out of this side than Koeman. I'm obviously not advocating we go for him and it's not just because he looks like an assistant manager at Currys but he's just an example of a bloke who seems to do the simple things very well and manages to utilise what he has using a very common sense approach and his players seem to like him.
I just don't think Koeman is a very good manager of people and has quite a stubborn abrasive personality, which in any profession isn't going to endear you to many.

Dyche plays players in their correct position which is why the simple things appear simple . Try and make simple complicated by fucing about with the starting formation every week and Sean Dyche pretty soon becomes Ronald Koeman .

September 29, 2017, 08:48:58 PM
Reply #31

Rodenplav64

There's nothing wrong with them players though, they're all just playing way under their potential at the moment. The key is unlocking the talent we have in the squad not keep buying more players.

You could say he did better with the squad he inherited although that seemed to go from the best we had had in years to the worse once he started slagging the players and set up . To my mind he has set himself up for the fall because the Board backed his clear out , issue with Barkley , treatment of Niasse and head on pursuit of the missing link in Siggurdsson . Shame he wasn't as hell bent on getting a striker to replace Lukaku who he must have known was leaving midway through last season .

September 29, 2017, 10:31:27 PM
Reply #32

Rodenplav64

You either don't read or it doesn't sink in. He might not think his system and formation are the issue, he might just think the players are the problem. In which case it would explain his insistence on flogging the same narrow system but rotating the players. Until he's desperate then he changes things.

Which seems to be exactly what he is doing . But if he has nothing to do with signing players how does he fix it without accepting it is him that is wrong . We all know how easy it is for players to down tools .

October 01, 2017, 05:52:27 PM
Reply #33

Rodenplav64

That's bullshit.  They were really poor in the first half of the season and were sitting in the bottom half for the reason. There was a spell (from November to January I think) when they lost 8 of 10 games. We are far from that at the moment.

A Martinez Everton smashed them 3-0 in a canter .

October 02, 2017, 03:48:14 AM
Reply #34

Rodenplav64

Without a shadow of a fucking doubt . That was one of the worse home displays I have seen . Utter utter shite .

October 02, 2017, 02:31:54 PM
Reply #35

Rodenplav64

I hate the phrase ' lost the dressing room ' but looking at the sidelines yesterday ( which was as exciting as what was happening on the pitch ) Koeman had the look of an unloved Christmas pooch . Nobody seems to be putting it in for him at all and the only rational conclusion is he is far from popular even with players he has just signed . Interesting to find out what Mane , Pele , Tadic and a few others think of him . Martina loves him though .

October 02, 2017, 03:59:25 PM
Reply #36

Rodenplav64

Agree with all that Stealth said and also your point about DCL but Pickford is a considerable upgrade on what we had.

At the minute Pickford doesn't actually look that much better than Robles and sticking Stek on the bench ahead of Joel is a kcik in the nuts as he is clearly better than Stek . Pickford is much better at diving but there are glaring errors in his game which need ironing out before the goal against count starts to dent his obvious confidence . He is deffo the future if that happens but he could so easily end up like a lot of one season shot stoppers from lower clubs .

October 13, 2017, 02:21:38 PM
Reply #37

Rodenplav64

I hope we win solely because my mate and all his family are Shitehawks . However , if we do lose I would sack him rather than wait to be battered by Lyon . If nothing else a replacement Manager gets a response from the players ( something Koeman is not getting despite his praise of it ) . If we win then obviously give him the chance to build on it over the next few games . Not sure he can get round his own pig-headedness though .

October 20, 2017, 07:01:18 PM
Reply #38

Rodenplav64

I feel sorry for Koeman really.

Though I think he could be doing better with the hand given to him, it's not an easy one. We still have a decent - if imbalanced - squad though. Koeman's struggled to incorporate the new arrivals, which isn't helped by his chopping and changing the team. You'd imagine the lack of training time at Finch Farm with midweek games is hindering him too, but that's an excuse. He should know much more about what the players are capable of at this point.

It's definitely possible to succeed playing in both the league and Europa League. Good teams do it every season, the problem is good teams usually have predictable starting 11s and he's without 3 of our best players from last season.

I don't feel sorry for him at all as he is a clueless cunt . His buys have to all intense and purposes been shite to average . Our style of play is shite to average as are the excuses being peddled for Koeman . Whine about the team needed time to gel then stop fucking changing it every week . This to me is the point he has failed completely and utterly to get a tune out of any combination of the players he has bought in to the club . Idrissa Gueye given his price is the only decent recruit . The rest look woefully over priced . He deserves lynching for naming that fucking yard dog Ashley Williams as captain of our club not to mention breaking the club record to bring in possibly his most talked about target Gylfi Siggurdsson . I would love us to beat Arsenal but if we don't then he has to go as hand on heart he is going to do more damage than Martinez . Moshiri might want to bury his head in the sand but the fume at Goodison will pretty soon make him act . Koeman only signed for 3 years so no big deal fucking him off 18 months early . Give it to Unsworth while we try and bring in someone who at least has a decent reputation as a coach like Thomas Teuchel .

October 20, 2017, 07:12:52 PM
Reply #39

Rodenplav64

Roberto had a full head of hair before he took the Everton job

Poison chalice which Moyes unbelievably held for 10 years .

October 23, 2017, 12:56:24 AM
Reply #40

Rodenplav64

Times up I am afraid . That was going to be the scoreline ( and should have been at half time ) despite the sending off , His post match interview was like having a pint with a mate whose Mrs has caught him shagging away. For the sake of the club fuck him off as he is worse than Martinez and for most on here that should be enough .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:59:40 AM by Rodenplav64 »

October 23, 2017, 04:33:25 AM
Reply #41

Rodenplav64

I honestly don't think Roberto deserved the sack . Not compared to this gobshite .

October 23, 2017, 03:01:16 PM
Reply #42

Rodenplav64

Fucking hell, mate. Until Koeman or some other manager takes us down to  League One, that's completely uncalled for.

Why edit my post . The compared to this bit is relevant . We are worse now than after the Sunderland game when Martinez got sacked . He was no worse than Koeman . We have wasted all the money we have and this idiot has completely destroyed the confidence of virtually everyone at the club . He had form for it at Valencia when the expectation on HIM was at his highest in his career as a Manager . He has done the same again here .