November 19, 2017, 11:12:51 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56162 times)

October 02, 2017, 03:59:25 PM
Reply #1140

Rodenplav64

Agree with all that Stealth said and also your point about DCL but Pickford is a considerable upgrade on what we had.

At the minute Pickford doesn't actually look that much better than Robles and sticking Stek on the bench ahead of Joel is a kcik in the nuts as he is clearly better than Stek . Pickford is much better at diving but there are glaring errors in his game which need ironing out before the goal against count starts to dent his obvious confidence . He is deffo the future if that happens but he could so easily end up like a lot of one season shot stoppers from lower clubs .

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
Reply #1141

van der Meyde

We're not gonna win a cup with or without Koeman.

We're gonna finish in the top half with of without Koeman.

We'll possibly revert to our mean a little quicker if he was sacked, but there are loads of questions either way.

Sacking Martinez before the United semi would have made sense because there was a serious chance of a trophy at stake. We were the second best team left in the competition with two games to play. We're not close to that with either the Europa League or the League Cup.

I'd just like the decision to be made with a long term view. Walsh and Koeman both need looking at, the decision-making structure in place needs to be addressed first.

October 02, 2017, 04:34:16 PM
Reply #1142

Waltzer

Like him or loath him I think this pretty much sums it up:

Joey Barton insists Everton’s failure to replace Romelu Lukaku is ‘outrageous’.

The Belgian striker moved to Manchester United in the summer for a reported fee of £75million, but the Toffees have struggled without their former talisman and have scored just four goals in seven Premier League games so far this season to leave them languishing only two points above the relegation shown.

And Barton claims someone at the club needs to take responsibility for not investing a large part of that transfer cash in a like-for-like replacement.

“How Everton have sold him and not had somebody in the No.9 jersey come in and replace him is just outrageous,” Barton said on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

“Somebody, somewhere within the club is culpable for that. Do I believe that’s Ronald Koeman? No, I don’t, because he was clearly asked in interviews about what he needed before the window closed and he highlighted that position. I really feel sorry for Koeman because his hands were tied.”

The Dutchman is now the bookies’ favourite to be the next Premier League manager to be sacked, but Barton says he would stick with the former Southampton boss.

He added: “I think Koeman is a good manager and, given time and resources, I think he would get the right blend. And obviously if you’re going to replace him, who would you replace him with?

“I heard noises about Carlo Ancelotti coming in, but what’s he going to do with that side? He still needs a centre-forward, he still needs a centre-half, he’s still got an issue at right-back.

“I wouldn’t take it if I was Ancelotti. You’ve just managed Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich… why would you want the Everton job?”

October 02, 2017, 04:35:23 PM
Reply #1143

Lxxx

To sack him we'd need to get hold of him and I imagine he's already in Portugal now on the golf course. The bloke couldn't give a flying fuck about Everton and I think it's this indifference that has never endeared him to fans. He was quite open at the start that this was just a short term job to him, hopefully to get him to the upper levels of management. In which case he's majorly fluffed the biggest and most lucrative gig of his career to date so hopefully his ego and reputation have been dented even if his bank balance hasn't.

October 02, 2017, 04:36:21 PM
Reply #1144

everton1952

Gosh, pearls of wisdom from our Joey. Maybe we should hire him as a consultant or Director of Football?

October 02, 2017, 04:38:22 PM
Reply #1145

MmmBlueRamirez

At the minute Pickford doesn't actually look that much better than Robles and sticking Stek on the bench ahead of Joel is a kcik in the nuts as he is clearly better than Stek . Pickford is much better at diving but there are glaring errors in his game which need ironing out before the goal against count starts to dent his obvious confidence . He is deffo the future if that happens but he could so easily end up like a lot of one season shot stoppers from lower clubs .

What a load of shite.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 02, 2017, 04:42:17 PM
Reply #1146

Waltzer

Gosh, pearls of wisdom from our Joey. Maybe we should hire him as a consultant or Director of Football?
908=

Maybe we should? hes basically given the major reason why were floundering so much, clearly this is something our current Director of Football failed to identify.

October 02, 2017, 04:43:37 PM
Reply #1147

Lxxx

908=
Maybe we should? hes basically given ONE OF the major reasonS why were floundering so much, clearly this is something our current Director of Football failed to identify.

Fixed.

October 02, 2017, 04:46:46 PM
Reply #1148

Waltzer

Fixed.

True, I think our recruitment, or lack of plan is the major issue. I think there are more than one person to blame for this but Walsh has to take the blunt of this in my eyes. As Director of Football most decisions go through him and hes failed to deliver big time.
Koeman has to take some blame but you cant polish a turd

October 02, 2017, 04:52:23 PM
Reply #1149

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
908=
Maybe we should? hes basically given the major reason why were floundering so much, clearly this is something our current Director of Football failed to identify.

He didn't think it all up himself though did he? And he's about six weeks behind everyone else on here saying it. He's about as insightful as a Phil Neville through ball
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 04:53:04 PM
Reply #1150

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

October 02, 2017, 04:55:39 PM
Reply #1151

Lxxx

True, I think our recruitment, or lack of plan is the major issue. I think there are more than one person to blame for this but Walsh has to take the blunt of this in my eyes. As Director of Football most decisions go through him and hes failed to deliver big time.
Koeman has to take some blame but you cant polish a turd

Hardly a turd. As I have said on another thread, there is more than enough talent in that side to be playing better than they are. A lot better.

October 02, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
Reply #1152

Lxxx

Get Moshiri out too

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/914781876585418752

Unless we see that as a dreaded vote of confidence. In which case I'm okay with it.

October 02, 2017, 04:57:32 PM
Reply #1153

Waltzer

He didn't think it all up himself though did he? And he's about six weeks behind everyone else on here saying it. He's about as insightful as a Phil Neville through ball

I think were failing to see the point that were all agreeing on, who, what, where, when is all irrelevant. Everyone and there dog knew what we needed and the board and our Director of Football failed to deliver, now were having debates about whether the manager needs to go because of their incompetence. Moshiri covers a lot of the failing up but the crux is that were the same Everton, just with a bit more money now, behind the scenes were still a bit of a shambles which isnt surprising as little as changed.

Im starting to lose a bit of faith in Koeman (but I still want him to stay) but hes played every striker we have and numerous formations, but in my opinion they're not good enough and there is only a certain amount he can do.

October 02, 2017, 04:57:35 PM
Reply #1154

Jamokachi

Get Moshiri out too

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/914781876585418752

nothing wrong with that statement though, as much as you may not like to hear it