November 25, 2017, 10:14:30 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58485 times)

October 03, 2017, 02:18:36 PM
Reply #1245

Hawkandro

:McCarthy:

He is going to get injured playing for the Republic.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 02:22:07 PM
Reply #1246

Hawkandro

Hunter's pretty much nailed it, as usual:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/02/ronald-koeman-everton-vote-of-confidence-poor-start-wayne-rooney

Great article.

Also, surely the best way we can play at present (heeding Sigurdsson's words) is:

Mirallas/Lennon       Gylfi       Lookman

Rooney

DCL to come off the bench with Niasse and Vlasic?

Lookman has appeared inconsistent in his sporadic appearences, but no worse than Mirallas, and without game time he won't progress (until he fucks off to Spurs and becomes a world-beater).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:23:12 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 03, 2017, 02:38:39 PM
Reply #1247

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Great position for siggs he's close enough to the bench for when he's subbed off...i know players should be able to play anywhere but why dont we just play him in his rightfull position?

Well he doesn't have to stay static in CM, when we're on the ball id hope him and Davies push up to get closer to DCL for the one twos on the edge of the box we seem to be trying (and failing).

I think the three in CM should give us a bit more cover hopefully and Davies and Sig can both cover quite a lot of ground.

Wouldn't be against swapping Davies with Klaassen. Needs more time in the side imo.

Re: Sandro - I'm still backing him you know! Think he will come good. Yeah would be happy to see Lookman in there but I get the feeling that isn't happening. Mirallas would be a safe bet away from home but it's a sad inditement of our transfer window that he's still in the frame.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2017, 03:43:38 PM
Reply #1248

Lxxx

Not that I was ever Barkley's biggest fan but the more I watch Rooney, Klaassan and Sig I can't help think big Ron made a bit of a boo boo by banishing the lad prematurely. Any more results like weekend and I can see the fans that backed Koeman over Barkley doing a full 360 and singing his name again.

October 03, 2017, 04:47:05 PM
Reply #1249

Waltzer

Not that I was ever Barkley's biggest fan but the more I watch Rooney, Klaassan and Sig I can't help think big Ron made a bit of a boo boo by banishing the lad prematurely. Any more results like weekend and I can see the fans that backed Koeman over Barkley doing a full 360 and singing his name again.

Did he though, he was critical but he also said he wanted him to stay and sign a new contract, he has played him, but stated he wanted more. I think if Barkley signed the deal then one of Klasseen or Sigurdsson wouldnt have been signed, but our hand was forced by Barkley. As it stands though you'd have Barkley hands down over either at the moment so Koeman has been fortunate that hes out injured.

October 03, 2017, 05:09:48 PM
Reply #1250

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Just watched Burnley's goal over again.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by it. They literally just stroke it round with no pressure from any player except Niasse. Sigurdsson has the most half hearted effort of tackling then MS and Gueye allow them to just stroll into our box.

I think it's clear that he's lost the dressing room if I'm honest. But the players should be ashamed of themselves putting performances in like that this early in the season. At the end of the day the club pays their wages and the fans pay their hard earned money to attend the games and they can't be assed to put a performance in. I'm disgusted.

October 03, 2017, 07:06:55 PM
Reply #1251

Lxxx

Just watched Burnley's goal over again.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by it. They literally just stroke it round with no pressure from any player except Niasse. Sigurdsson has the most half hearted effort of tackling then MS and Gueye allow them to just stroll into our box.

I think it's clear that he's lost the dressing room if I'm honest. But the players should be ashamed of themselves putting performances in like that this early in the season. At the end of the day the club pays their wages and the fans pay their hard earned money to attend the games and they can't be assed to put a performance in. I'm disgusted.

True. To read the press you'd think it was like something out of the Barcelona playbook, not reminiscent of a training ground session against a load of cones.

October 03, 2017, 07:14:42 PM
Reply #1252

Django

NSNO Subscriber
True. To read the press you'd think it was like something out of the Barcelona playbook, not reminiscent of a training ground session against a load of cones.

Yeah, Sky literally taglined it 'Burnley or Barcelona?'. I mean it's a great goal from a Burnley point of view but I am in a state of shock about just how long they built that up for without any effort from our players to win the ball back.

October 03, 2017, 07:41:52 PM
Reply #1253

Toddacelli

Still have no idea why a seemingly reclusive billionaire football club majority-shareholder would give a balloon like Jim White the time of day, never mind confide the innermost workings of the club to him for public broadcast

Absolutely crying at you calling Jim White a 'balloon' and I don't know why!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 03, 2017, 08:23:52 PM
Reply #1254

BlueBeagle

2nd manager in 3 seasons now that the squad have seemingly given up on.

I was/am Martinez biggest critic but that doesn't look great does it.

October 03, 2017, 08:28:04 PM
Reply #1255

Lxxx

2nd manager in 3 seasons now that the squad have seemingly given up on.

I was/am Martinez biggest critic but that doesn't look great does it.

In the main it is a completely different set of players though. Maybe we've just not done our proper due diligence on our past two appointments and it's a simple as that.

October 03, 2017, 08:47:29 PM
Reply #1256

BlueBeagle

In the main it is a completely different set of players though. Maybe we've just not done our proper due diligence on our past two appointments and it's a simple as that.

Joel
Jagielka
Funes Mori
Holgate
Baines
Coleman
McCarthy
Barkley
Mirallas
Lennon
Niasse to a degree

Are all still members of the squad, some play every week, some make the bench, some are injured, some we just never see but they're all still training together etc.

October 03, 2017, 09:04:08 PM
Reply #1257

hill135

October 03, 2017, 09:14:14 PM
Reply #1258

Lxxx

Joel
Jagielka
Funes Mori
Holgate
Baines
Coleman
McCarthy
Barkley
Mirallas
Lennon
Niasse to a degree

Are all still members of the squad, some play every week, some make the bench, some are injured, some we just never see but they're all still training together etc.

You could go through and make a case for each of them above but suffice to say the vast majority who play every week now were not here in the Martinez reign. If all the 11 above either jacked it in tomorrow or played out of their skin nothing would change, such is their influence on the 1st team now.

October 03, 2017, 09:24:08 PM
Reply #1259

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin