December 13, 2017, 09:45:42 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62159 times)

October 07, 2017, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #1305

Shogun

Administrator
Difference is that we're not at the start of the Koeman reign. We're approaching halfway through his contract.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

October 07, 2017, 01:21:56 AM
Reply #1306

BlueForYou

But it's a "new" team and almost in one hit
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 07, 2017, 01:33:43 AM
Reply #1307

Gash

Global Moderator
Always said I never liked wholesale changes to a squad and now we're seeing the affect of it. It's similar to when a relegation threatened team or newly promoted team go out and bring in ten new players, it rarely works. It all takes time to integrate them in to the squad, plus we have the added hindrance of losing our best player and not even coming close to replacing him.

I'm not taking the blame away from Koeman, what's happening on the pitch is baffling at times but I think the high turnover of players in the summer is one of the many factors to what's happened so far. Most were happy to accept that it would probably take four windows to get the team together he wanted, unfortunately we kind of stuttered through the first two windows then went balls out in the third but ended up buying too many players in similar positions and not enough for other positions, what started out as a positive window all became a bit scatter gun and desperate towards the end.

October 07, 2017, 01:50:17 AM
Reply #1308

eyesalwaysblue

The high turnover of players dosen't help especially when some of them are not any good.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 07, 2017, 01:53:56 AM
Reply #1309

KoemansNumberTens

This season has gone now. We won't get relegated, we won't win a cup, we probably won't be in Europe next season. Keep koeman sack koeman it probably really doesn't matter in terms of our season. However I do worry about the transfer windows. It's been pretty shambolic so far under koeman and Walsh (who knows how much blame each gets) do we really want these people having another go in January?? Then next summer and the following January too when it seems almost accepted that neither us nor him have much interest in him continuing past the 3 years?
We've burned through a couple of hundred million on the first team and barely signed a player who'd have a future at a top 6 Everton we hoped to become.

October 07, 2017, 02:06:05 AM
Reply #1310

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Always said I never liked wholesale changes to a squad and now we're seeing the affect of it. It's similar to when a relegation threatened team or newly promoted team go out and bring in ten new players, it rarely works. It all takes time to integrate them in to the squad, plus we have the added hindrance of losing our best player and not even coming close to replacing him.

I'm not taking the blame away from Koeman, what's happening on the pitch is baffling at times but I think the high turnover of players in the summer is one of the many factors to what's happened so far. Most were happy to accept that it would probably take four windows to get the team together he wanted, unfortunately we kind of stuttered through the first two windows then went balls out in the third but ended up buying too many players in similar positions and not enough for other positions, what started out as a positive window all became a bit scatter gun and desperate towards the end.

I reckon that is a as fair an assessment as you can get. Still want Koeman out though
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 07, 2017, 02:21:39 AM
Reply #1311

Bluedylan

Reid's logic is garbage though (as usual). Extending that logic would mean you just stick with every manager you have no matter how badly he's doing, well beyond the breaking point, just because Kendall turned things around and went on to do brilliantly.

He also emotively mentions Kendall because he's loved by the fanbase. We should've fired Martinez much sooner, for example. We don't owe Koeman any special loyalty. He came here for the money, he's been poor and appears to be getting worse.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 07, 2017, 03:42:40 AM
Reply #1312

benny

NSNO Subscriber
why is it madness?

id rather take a beating now and the board act and get rid of him and then we can maybe get someone in who is arsed, rather than carry on with this inept management for another 3 months and in the long run completely ruin our season

i couldn`t and wouldn`t ever hope that my team [ EVERTON ] will lose any game no matter what

October 07, 2017, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #1313

hannu

i couldn`t and wouldn`t ever hope that my team [ EVERTON ] will lose any game no matter what

its for the greater good, a win here will paper over the cracks then it gives him license to throw a few more games and we end up worse off in the long run, you gotta look at the bigger picture

October 07, 2017, 08:11:03 AM
Reply #1314

Ridge

We only really sold Barry and Lukaku from first team, and the long term injuries to Coleman, Bolasie were known. Deulofeu, Cleverley, McGeady were out on loan last season before being sold. Kone, Valencia weren't large parts of team, wanted or needed.

It will take time for players to adapt, we have injuries and european fixtures - But these are all things that were known about. In a little over a year, the team has been completely transformed, because players weren't good enough. Now it's the players coming in that aren't good enough.

We had to adapt after Lukaku - We have options up top, DCL, Sandro, Rooney, Niasse etc. We spent 140m on 8 players who have played first team so far and Onyekuru for next season. It's not squad fillers, all have case they could be starting or will be. 5 of those are attacking midfielders or forwards. Mirallas was pissed off at having to stay and has only been used as sub when losing heavily since. Lookman has hardly been given any time, not sure if injured? Would Barkley be playing if fit again now, would have been sold if he wasn't.

From before Koeman, only Baines, Jagielka, Besic, Lennon, Mirallas, Niasse and youngsters Holgate, Davies and Kenny have played this season and only Baines has featured regularly. Can only really see the younger players as having long term future under Koeman. I thought Burnley post match showed that he had practically admitted defeat. He wasn't defending the team or the performance, he was attacking his lack of options, attacking the team.

7th was a decent season last year, good was a stretch. This season was supposed to be the year we kicked on for CL or won a cup. By end of September that looks highly unlikely, by end of October we could be out of 2 and in trouble in PL. Koeman had high turnover of players at Southampton and little to suggest he can keep the best ones.

His record in european competition is atrocious, at Valencia it was one of their worst seasons historically. At Southampton, he lost in qualifying to Midtjylland and then came to us when they qualified automatically. European games don't just absorb energy from team in terms of playing and travel, but it also reduces your preparation. Instead of a week to prepare for every game, you get a few days for all of them.

October 07, 2017, 02:46:27 PM
Reply #1315

Mayor Farnum

A push towards the Champions League will never be on the cards until we start spending 'City Type' money. There is plenty of time left this season to equal what we did last. If we sack him we are just handing the same situation to a manager of equal ability at best.

October 07, 2017, 03:47:34 PM
Reply #1316

BlueMaquis

A push towards the Champions League will never be on the cards until we start spending 'City Type' money. There is plenty of time left this season to equal what we did last. If we sack him we are just handing the same situation to a manager of equal ability at best.

Is that a fact though? There are 3 clubs currently in the CL not spending 'City Type' money. Spurs have a negative net spend over the last 5 years.
What is the truth is neither being nor nothing, but that being does not pass over but has passed over - into nothing, and nothing into being. But it is equally true that they are not undistinguished from each other, that on the contrary they are not the same, that they are absolutely distinct

October 07, 2017, 05:45:47 PM
Reply #1317

SANA_DR0

Another thing that concerns me regarding Koeman is, That everyone can see we lack width, in the last 4 gams or so we have had Davies as a right/left winger, He even came on V Burnley and played on the wing.

When we fucking have Lookman on the bench, i understand he;'s young and inexperienced and all that bs, but giving him 10-20 mins at the end of the match when we aint creating shit, should be a MUST.
instead we bring on CM's and shoehorn them onto the wing. Disgraceful that by Koeman,.

No wonder Lookman is looking to leave. Teams crying out for width and Koemans mishandling of our players continues.

I wont even go into Rooney coming on in the Burnley match, then end up playing as a ball playing centre half while Williams stayed in the Burnley box not winning or producing anything.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 07, 2017, 07:54:08 PM
Reply #1318

plumber

No wonder Lookman is looking to leave.

Yet another fantasy of "Koeman left Everton" ilk.

October 07, 2017, 08:54:06 PM
Reply #1319

blue1948

Reid's logic is garbage though (as usual). Extending that logic would mean you just stick with every manager you have no matter how badly he's doing, well beyond the breaking point, just because Kendall turned things around and went on to do brilliantly.

He also emotively mentions Kendall because he's loved by the fanbase. We should've fired Martinez much sooner, for example. We don't owe Koeman any special loyalty. He came here for the money, he's been poor and appears to be getting worse.
I see the point but when the other fans were handing papers around for us to sign to get Howard out , it was surreal .Nothing like the comments on here ,it was tangible -sign this and get the guy out is a lot different than spouting off on here . And be under no illusions he was turning out a team just as bad as this one . It takes very little to change our fortunes ,I am not pleading for Koeman but just saying it could all turn around quite quickly with a couple of wins .