November 18, 2017, 04:17:13 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55772 times)

October 08, 2017, 06:06:17 PM
Reply #1335

toffee_scot

I'm safe in the knowledge that he's gone in the next few weeks

Possibly straight after the Brighton defeat.

We'll have to see how stubborn Moshiri and Kenwright are.

I seriously hope we don't have to go through another round of heavy beatings before the board finally wake up and realise Koeman's is not good for Everton, they waited for the atmosphere to get really toxic before sacking Martinez, it could very well be the same again with the current manager.

deCoubertin

October 08, 2017, 06:08:31 PM
Reply #1336

KoemansNumberTens

Wonder how many of those 5 games will be classed as ďexpected losesĒ?

What an embarrassing thing for our owner to say too. Utterly lacking in ambition

October 08, 2017, 06:15:00 PM
Reply #1337

Ross

What an embarrassing thing for our owner to say too. Utterly lacking in ambition

As written thought out statements go it was a doozie really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 08, 2017, 07:01:08 PM
Reply #1338

plumber

As written thought out statements go it was a doozie really.

Can I ask you a question?
Have you changed your mind and now think that is wrong to back an inept manager for 2 years?

October 08, 2017, 07:03:36 PM
Reply #1339

Hawkandro

If he would play with the pace and wingers we have ready available. ..I'm quite sure a lot of the team issues  (lob sided square pegs round holes)would go away ...but he insists on two DM's playing narrow with two or three no' tens weekly. ...it won't change in a hurry because he feels the need to field all his purchases to fulfil his ego...to our detrement .

Am sure I read a stat that his Southampton team where the highest in the league for number of crosses into the box. Coupled with players like Mane, Eljero and Tadic, I was hopeful Koeman would finally get something out of wingers. Signing Bolasie was a step in the right direction too, but know I am not sure.

Even when we do play our wingers, we always have them cutting inside which drives me up the fucking wall. They have the pace to take their man on the outside, yet the never do.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 08, 2017, 07:22:34 PM
Reply #1340

Ross

Can I ask you a question?
Have you changed your mind and now think that is wrong to back an inept manager for 2 years?

Not sure what this has to do with anything?

But no. He played the hand that was dealt him, but if Koeman manages us for the full 3 years and we end up with a record (premier league) points haul, a top 5 finish and reach 2 semi finals Iíd be lenient. We wonít though, and given the backing heís had since he walked through the door thatís a backwards step from where we came obviously. If you then factor in the style of football weíve been served and take into consideration heís paid wages in line with the very best managers in the world itís borderline negligence whatís happening.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 08, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Reply #1341

plumber

2 semifinals  lolol I almost forgot this phenomenal achievement.

It's nice to know someone still loves Bobby after 2 years of utter dross he was producing.
(And wants to rid off another manager after 2 months of utter dross).

October 08, 2017, 07:37:58 PM
Reply #1342

Ross

2 semifinals  lolol I almost forgot this phenomenal achievement.

It's nice to know someone still loves Bobby after 2 years of utter dross he was producing.
(And wants to rid off another manager after 2 months of utter dross).

Yeah I know itís hilarious to think of Everton doing well in cup competitions isnít it.

Hilarious.

October 08, 2017, 09:44:40 PM
Reply #1343

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I know itís hilarious to think of Everton doing well in cup competitions isnít it.

Hilarious.

If you don't win them it matters fuck all how far you got
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 08, 2017, 09:57:05 PM
Reply #1344

Ross

If you don't win them it matters fuck all how far you got

Yeah much better to go out as soon as possible so we can kill all hope of winning something for a change.

October 08, 2017, 09:58:20 PM
Reply #1345

Major Clanger

Yeah much better to go out as soon as possible so we can kill all hope of winning something for a change.

No, but if you didn't win, it really doesn't matter in hindsight how far you got. There's too much luck involved for it to be any sort of indicator of future performance.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 08, 2017, 10:05:23 PM
Reply #1346

BlueBeagle

We came 3rd/4th in two domestic competitions whilst also slipping to the worst home record of all time.

Phenomenal.

October 08, 2017, 10:17:21 PM
Reply #1347

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

I've played in three cup finals. Won one, lost two and I'd rather had gone out early than suffer the heartache of losing in a final
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 08, 2017, 10:19:50 PM
Reply #1348

KoemansNumberTens

Not like we beat much (if I remember rightly) in these great cup runs. More luck of the draw than any real achievement

October 08, 2017, 10:22:55 PM
Reply #1349

Ross

No, but if you didn't win, it really doesn't matter in hindsight how far you got. There's too much luck involved for it to be any sort of indicator of future performance.

Hell of a lucky run Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are on. Must rub off on the league results as well.