November 25, 2017, 06:20:12 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58424 times)

October 14, 2017, 03:57:13 AM
Reply #1425

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We don't need another number 10. We've got plenty of talent there. Jesus.

Try to take a bit of a more adult view and not to judge all players solely on the last 4 weeks in an underperforming team.

deCoubertin

October 14, 2017, 04:09:04 AM
Reply #1426

KoemansNumberTens

We don't need another number 10. We've got plenty of talent there. Jesus.

Try to take a bit of a more adult view and not to judge all players solely on the last 4 weeks in an underperforming team.

Our number 10s are absolute light years behind the 6 teams above us. Who am I judging over the last 4 weeks? I'm still open minded on klassen. Rooney clearly is a shadow of the player he was and isn't a long term answer to anything and my opinion was the same on Sigurdsson in the summer. Takes a great set piece apparently though

October 14, 2017, 05:16:58 AM
Reply #1427

bluenuck

96 pages...

October 14, 2017, 06:09:37 AM
Reply #1428

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want us to lose but I think it's stupid to demonise someone who does because they think short term pain will result in long term gain. Is doesn't make you a better or worse Evertonian, as people seem to be implying.

I dread Koeman clinging on til the end of the season personally. If we do end up losing our next three games and he gets fired, then so be it. Would people prefer him to pick up the odd win here and there, just enough to stay in the job, and be stuck with this garbage next season? Well done to you for being a proper fan.

I honestly think at this point we can relax - I think it would take something special for him to last the season.

He's lost the dressing room, the fans and he's had the old vote of confidence, which as we all know usually means anything but.

For him to stay would require an unbelievable upturn in form. I don't think that's beyond the realm of possibility, but I think it's more likely we'll slug our way to a new manager before the end of the month.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 14, 2017, 01:50:14 PM
Reply #1429

Waltzer

I honestly think at this point we can relax - I think it would take something special for him to last the season.

He's lost the dressing room, the fans and he's had the old vote of confidence, which as we all know usually means anything but.

For him to stay would require an unbelievable upturn in form. I don't think that's beyond the realm of possibility, but I think it's more likely we'll slug our way to a new manager before the end of the month.

What evidence is there that hes lost the dressing room? Likewise fans, I want him to stay and on the polls it was pretty split. He has had the vote of confidence, but history would tell you that this usually means just that at Everton. Granted if we lose the next 3 I think he'll go but 3 games is a lot of time in football.

My genuine feeling is that the vote of confidence was just that, and there is an acceptance at board level that they messed up big time by not securing a striker, and that will give Koeman more time than most think

October 14, 2017, 05:40:43 PM
Reply #1430

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What evidence is there that hes lost the dressing room? Likewise fans, I want him to stay and on the polls it was pretty split. He has had the vote of confidence, but history would tell you that this usually means just that at Everton. Granted if we lose the next 3 I think he'll go but 3 games is a lot of time in football.

My genuine feeling is that the vote of confidence was just that, and there is an acceptance at board level that they messed up big time by not securing a striker, and that will give Koeman more time than most think

Yeah don't think that's an unreasonable point and I think I'm probably between what I posted and what you posted depending on my mood for the day!

No evidence, popular theory I was choosing to believe for he purpose of the post in order to put a more positive spin on things - if he doesn't turn it around he goes, many get what they want. If he does turn it around we'll be winning games and flying, we all get what we ultimately want.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 14, 2017, 07:48:41 PM
Reply #1431

Evertonian in NC

Must win for Koeman?

http://www.espnfc.us/club/everton/368/blog/post/3228557/desperate-koeman-in-must-win-territory-at-travel-sick-everton

Our more critical folk will like the Walter Smith comparisons, with stats!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 14, 2017, 09:07:00 PM
Reply #1432

eyesalwaysblue

Not so much critical folk just folk with nowt to praise yet.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 14, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
Reply #1433

Evertonian in NC

yeah, but Walter Smith.  Fucking ouch, man.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 14, 2017, 09:48:18 PM
Reply #1434

bacon sarnie

They didn't mention Archie Knox and he loved his baseball bat.

October 14, 2017, 09:55:36 PM
Reply #1435

eyesalwaysblue

Must win for Koeman?

http://www.espnfc.us/club/everton/368/blog/post/3228557/desperate-koeman-in-must-win-territory-at-travel-sick-everton

Our more critical folk will like the Walter Smith comparisons, with stats!
Couldn't find an argument to have with that article really, maybe a bit optimistic.

October 14, 2017, 09:58:00 PM
Reply #1436

Evertonian in NC

Couldn't find an argument to have with that article really, maybe a bit optimistic.

My favourite aspect of ESPNFC's coverage is that they have expectations for Everton, and they don't back down off of that.  They blame the shape and the management (they also have consistently hated the Rooney signing, despite my wobbling) not the talent, and certainly not the club/history.  No derisive pats on the head.

October 14, 2017, 10:04:29 PM
Reply #1437

eyesalwaysblue

My favourite aspect of ESPNFC's coverage is that they have expectations for Everton, and they don't back down off of that.  They blame the shape and the management (they also have consistently hated the Rooney signing, despite my wobbling) not the talent, and certainly not the club/history.  No derisive pats on the head.
If possible always watch streams from anywhere but Sky, much more intelligent commentary and analysis with much less bias.

October 14, 2017, 10:05:55 PM
Reply #1438

Evertonian in NC

If possible always watch streams from anywhere but Sky, much more intelligent commentary and analysis with much less bias.

The NBC studio crew is the best in all of sport.  Robbie Earle in particular is pretty good with his Everton analysis (even if he's not on board to sack Koeman yet).

October 15, 2017, 12:52:47 AM
Reply #1439

Lxxx

Watched the game on NBC today with Phil Neville and some commentator who seemed as if he was watching a game of football for the first time.

Say what you want about the robbing bastards Sky but they do employ people who understand football.