November 25, 2017, 08:03:02 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58443 times)

October 15, 2017, 02:47:13 PM
Reply #1455

GoodisonPk

Bloody hell. Rafa Benitez linked.

deCoubertin

October 15, 2017, 03:43:55 PM
Reply #1456

MIG

Bloody hell. Rafa Benitez linked.
I think I’d pack it all in if he came. Fucking hate the fat little snide cunt.

October 15, 2017, 04:36:21 PM
Reply #1457

KoemansNumberTens

Surely the biggest issue with Benitez is he's done the square route of fuck all for ages now.

October 15, 2017, 05:03:23 PM
Reply #1458

blue1948

I don't want us to lose but I think it's stupid to demonise someone who does because they think short term pain will result in long term gain. Is doesn't make you a better or worse Evertonian, as people seem to be implying.

I dread Koeman clinging on til the end of the season personally. If we do end up losing our next three games and he gets fired, then so be it. Would people prefer him to pick up the odd win here and there, just enough to stay in the job, and be stuck with this garbage next season? Well done to you for being a proper fan.
It is another black and white argument you are offering .It is not that simple but what is,is no real supporter should ever want us to lose ,to think it might be acceptable but to want is really is not ,the rest of your quote is hypothetical ,he can still be sacked if we win and the rest is opinion . But you cannot want us to lose .

October 15, 2017, 05:06:16 PM
Reply #1459

blue1948

Does anyone actually want koeman to be our manager now. I mean long term? Just seems the debate is sack him now, give him a few more games or let his contract run out
It was always a given he'd do 3 years and then move upwards to better team. Well that probably isn't going to happen now as he's a bit shit. There's a chance he could get a new contract with a bit of an upturn in form
Is anyone in favour of that? If not what's really the point of letting him loose on 3 more transfer windows when there's every chance it won't work and little chance he's here for the long term
I want him to stay unequivocally .

October 15, 2017, 05:12:19 PM
Reply #1460

gizzblue

October 15, 2017, 05:12:55 PM
Reply #1461

The Analog Kid

Rumours around (sports news on various radio) that if we lose today then he’s gone.

October 15, 2017, 05:14:09 PM
Reply #1462

blue1948

It's utterly staggering we spent all summer signing number 10s and not 1 of them looks a capable playmaker with a bit of magic about them. We've signed 3 and upset the only 1 that could make to step up to become a top quality player. If Barkley leaves we still need a number 10. Absolute laughable mess. Whoever pushed for Sigurdsson should go. He's a decent enough player for a ridiculous fee and absolutely not what we needed. Personally I think it was koeman. He seems risk aversed when it comes to his transfer picks. Which generally means not quite up to it
I love it ,you personally think something and then berate the manager for it ?????

October 15, 2017, 05:18:55 PM
Reply #1463

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's not guaranteed that us losing will mean he is sacked in the same way that it's not guaranteed a good performance and result means he will be offered and sign a new deal

It's an old cliché but we really do need to take it a game at a time and we desperately need a win so I am hoping we win

Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2017, 05:21:38 PM
Reply #1464

blue1948

Why ?.
Because he is far better than the performances-BY THE TEAM -are leading us to believe ,I have no doubt that he is hurting and puzzled by the fact so many signings are not playing to the best of their abilities yet but it will come .The things I love about Mr Moshiri are
1/ He understands football
2/ He understands finances and
3/ He is not going to be a rich oligarch who had little idea but to plough money into his club or a wealthy oil billionaire who has done little but own an oil rich piece of land and treat money like a child
This guy is in it for the long haul and if he wants Koeman you can bet he is right , at least for the time being

October 15, 2017, 05:32:27 PM
Reply #1465

KoemansNumberTens

It is another black and white argument you are offering .It is not that simple but what is,is no real supporter should ever want us to lose ,to think it might be acceptable but to want is really is not ,the rest of your quote is hypothetical ,he can still be sacked if we win and the rest is opinion . But you cannot want us to lose .

But if someone's opinion is we'd be better in the long term if we lost today then why would they want us to win today and end up worse?
Think we've got a good few months of koeman regardless so I'd rather we won..... as bad is it sounds though I don't actually care that much right now 1 way or the other. Koeman like Martinez before him has drained all my enthusiasm for football. Gone from a lunatic who didn't think we had to defend to a lunatic who's bought a load of crappy number 10s. Both have attempted to reinvent football as a steaming pile of shite

October 15, 2017, 06:00:12 PM
Reply #1466

gizzblue

Because he is far better than the performances-BY THE TEAM -are leading us to believe ,I have no doubt that he is hurting and puzzled by the fact so many signings are not playing to the best of their abilities yet but it will come .The things I love about Mr Moshiri are
1/ He understands football
2/ He understands finances and
3/ He is not going to be a rich oligarch who had little idea but to plough money into his club or a wealthy oil billionaire who has done little but own an oil rich piece of land and treat money like a child
This guy is in it for the long haul and if he wants Koeman you can bet he is right , at least for the time being
Thanks for your reply
 but I've got to disagree on the understands football thing, he seems to be the only one who doesn't ,his team selections alone should show that ,I mean two dm's against weaker teams is rolling over for a belly scratch ,leaving us short up top where we have been short all year .
Lack of ideas lack of unity lack of consistency says it all for me .
Would love to be proved wrong I really would be even on my most optimistic days ...I can't see us beating anyone ...unless it's a scrappy one nil lucky goal .

October 15, 2017, 06:10:24 PM
Reply #1467

sam of the south

Yes, it is a conundrum.

I don't think he can turn it around, and the performances have been completely awful, let's not beat around the bush.

Defence has looked leaky and shaky, central midfield porous and uncreative, width is rare (apart from Martina), and the gap between midfield and 'attack' has been vast.

However, I just cannot bring myself to want us to lose, however much I would like us to have a managerial change.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 15, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Reply #1468

blue1948

Thanks for your reply
 but I've got to disagree on the understands football thing, he seems to be the only one who doesn't ,his team selections alone should show that ,I mean two dm's against weaker teams is rolling over for a belly scratch ,leaving us short up top where we have been short all year .
Lack of ideas lack of unity lack of consistency says it all for me .
Would love to be proved wrong I really would be even on my most optimistic days ...I can't see us beating anyone ...unless it's a scrappy one nil lucky goal .
Read my post  again !

October 15, 2017, 06:46:48 PM
Reply #1469

blue1948

It pisses me off at least as much as anyone on here how the results and performances have gone but we have to be a bit realistic .Everyone at the club feels the same as us and everyone knows things must change .My problem with the attitude shown by a lot on here is that we might just might end up with Rafa or worse still Moyes -now that would really be something to be to lose sleep over .