November 22, 2017, 10:52:08 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57506 times)

October 15, 2017, 09:43:37 PM
Reply #1500

Lxxx

I think you and me were amongst a few people arguing that Ross Barkley is just a better player, and were met with derision on a number of occasions.

Even if Koeman goes I can't see Ross staying with this basket case of a club, when the chance to work with Pochettino is going begging. All he needs to do is read the serialisation of his new book in today's press to tell him that's where his career is going to be better served.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:45:16 PM by Lxxx »

deCoubertin

October 15, 2017, 09:44:42 PM
Reply #1501

Lxxx

Similar open play stats to Gueye and Barry last season (from a more advanced position) His record isnt very good if you look beyond his fantasy football stats. Its as if we had never seen him play. Swansea must have been shitting themselves has they bluffed and bluffed their way to 45 million

If that was his only season in English football to go off then I'd agree. As much as that stat above sounds bad it's not the full picture is it.

October 15, 2017, 09:44:52 PM
Reply #1502

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think you and me were amongst a few people arguing that Ross Barkley is just a better player, and were met with derision on a number of occasions.

I thought most people were questioning the Sigurdsson transfer in fairness, especially when the money kept going up. It seemed like it was popular to say we'd not miss Lukaku and Barkley too mind you. Crazy really.

I understand if it really did happen as Koeman said that Barkley said he wanted to be off, and maybe I'm doing Koeman a disservice but it always seemed more a case of Koeman pushing him out. I'd have Barkley (and the strangely absent Davies) ahead of any of the new midfielders. So much more mobile for one.

October 15, 2017, 09:44:59 PM
Reply #1503

Heisenberg

What do you expect. He's a number 10 who doesn't get played as a number 10. They're all good players that we signed (Rooney aside who in my opinion was finished years ago). They just aren't used properly. He's fucked it. You cant play 5 centre mids in a 433

October 15, 2017, 09:47:29 PM
Reply #1504

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Even if Koeman goes I can't see Ross staying with this basket case of a club, when the chance to work with Pochettino is going begging. All he needs to do is read the serialisation of his new book in today's press to tell him that's where his career is going to be better served.

Sadly, this. It is probably too late to turn around the Barkley situation.

It'd have to start with a new manager though.

October 15, 2017, 09:48:39 PM
Reply #1505

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
What do you expect. He's a number 10 who doesn't get played as a number 10. They're all good players that we signed (Rooney aside who in my opinion was finished years ago). They just aren't used properly. He's fucked it. You cant play 5 centre mids in a 433

I do feel for Sigurdsson in this regard. Ok, he may not be in the best form but it's the same as playing DCL wide or any of the other baffling choices.

October 15, 2017, 09:49:15 PM
Reply #1506

KoemansNumberTens

If that was his only season in English football to go off then I'd agree. As much as that stat above sounds bad it's not the full picture is it.

Hes not a playmaker. He wasnt good enough for Spurs. I dont see any season where he looked liked the type of player we needed or like a 45M player. He reminds me a bit of Tim Cahill. Good at certain asspects but in reality nowhere near good enough to help you control and dominate games and so nowhere near good enough for a team that wins lots of games. Hes good in moments. We needed someone to make us tick

October 15, 2017, 09:50:56 PM
Reply #1507

Lxxx

Hes not a playmaker. He wasnt good enough for Spurs. I dont see any season where he looked liked the type of player we needed or like a 45M player. He reminds me a bit of Tim Cahill. Good at certain asspects but in reality nowhere near good enough to help you control and dominate games and so nowhere near good enough for a team that wins lots of games. Hes good in moments. We needed someone to make us tick

I'm not defending the signing, he wasn't needed. I'm just saying he's not as bad as he's showing now.

October 15, 2017, 09:53:01 PM
Reply #1508

Coyb12

45m is the biggest waste of 45m ever,non entity of a player,get him to fuck and watch the improvement.

October 15, 2017, 09:53:15 PM
Reply #1509

ally2

I think the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 just doesn't suit us. They are probably the worst set ups when you're trying to build so many new relationships all over the pitch. I would normally say to just let it go and in time it will just happen but even as a Koeman supporter it bewilders me that we are exactly the same every game. It's like we are trying to run before we walk. Understandable given expectations from the summer spending spree but definitely time to keep things simple, then build.

October 15, 2017, 09:54:18 PM
Reply #1510

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not defending the signing, he wasn't needed. I'm just saying he's not as bad as he's showing now.

Of course not. Hes a decent player. A useful sub for a top team or a very vital player for a poor side. I just look at him and feel even if hes playing well hes not long term future as a starter here unless we remain a bit shit. Hes not good enough to be a creator for a top side. Hes clearly not a winger either. He seems like a short term solution only he was our record buy

October 15, 2017, 09:56:12 PM
Reply #1511

ally2

Sigurdsson is proven class. Stop talking shite. He's allowed to be in bad form. Try being a supporter for once.

October 15, 2017, 10:01:22 PM
Reply #1512

Ross

Wonder if there’s been many changed their minds since the last vote.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 15, 2017, 10:01:56 PM
Reply #1513

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdsson is proven class. Stop talking shite. He's allowed to be in bad form. Try being a supporter for once.

Im not allowed to not rate him?? Can you give me the approved list of players we are allowed not to rate?? Stop being a cunt. People are allowed to have different views to you.

October 15, 2017, 10:02:22 PM
Reply #1514

Lxxx

We can't keep resetting the poll after every game.

Oh go on then.