November 18, 2017, 07:22:02 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55669 times)

October 15, 2017, 10:23:07 PM
Reply #1530

Lxxx

Well thatís up to them. But if we get beat then itís not just Koeman coming under fire.

A point won't change much in terms of final league positions but a draw postpones a decision that might end up costing us two chances at silverware in other competitions before the plug gets pulled.

deCoubertin

October 15, 2017, 10:25:05 PM
Reply #1531

The Analog Kid

A point won't change much in terms of final league positions but a draw postpones a decision that might end up costing us two chances at silverware in other competitions before the plug gets pulled.

Iíll agree to disagree. Iím tired of Koemanís shit tactics and decision making but Iíd rather see us win games than hope we lose in order for a change.

October 15, 2017, 10:29:41 PM
Reply #1532

BlueMaquis

45m is the biggest waste of 45m ever,non entity of a player,get him to fuck and watch the improvement.

One look at his missus tells me getting him to fuck won't be a problem.

October 15, 2017, 10:31:08 PM
Reply #1533

Lxxx

Iíll agree to disagree. Iím tired of Koemanís shit tactics and decision making but Iíd rather see us win games than hope we lose in order for a change.

That's a different argument. We weren't in with a chance of winning the game after 89 minutes. It was a point or none. Nothing in it points-wise really. I'll never want us to lose a game, but in the situation we were in today, the bigger picture was more important than a point away at Brighton.

October 15, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
Reply #1534

Major Clanger

The sooner he goes, the more chance we have of finishing the season in a respectable position. If that means losing a few more games now, so be it.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 15, 2017, 10:37:22 PM
Reply #1535

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Perfect situation where being injured makes you much better. Siggurdson has been shit, Barkley was largely shit last season.

We need a new manager.

Nah, Barkley wasn't largely shit last year. He turned his form around really well and contributed a lot.

October 15, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
Reply #1536

Lxxx

The sooner he goes, the more chance we have of finishing the season in a respectable position. If that means losing a few more games now, so be it.

The 'few more games' might leave us out of two cup competitions though before he gets the bullet. That's the worry.

October 15, 2017, 10:42:05 PM
Reply #1537

KoemansNumberTens

Nah I'm basing things on what he's done over a number of years, not what he's been like over 8 games without a proper pre season and completely new set of team mates. Try supporting your team when they need it, not putting the boot in at any available opportunity. And don't use naughty words.

I didn't rate him when he was at Swansea either. I didn't want us to sign him. Forums are about opinions. You don't have all the right answers and we should all aline ourselves with your thinking

I assume you support all the players equally. No harsh words for anyone or just the 1s you rate we should all be nice to. I'm onboard with it. Just give me your approved list

October 15, 2017, 10:48:13 PM
Reply #1538

Bluedylan

The thing I'm wondering now is if Moshiri views the upcoming games against Lyon, Arsenal and Chelsea as 'expected defeats' or whatever the term he used was.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 15, 2017, 10:50:32 PM
Reply #1539

ally2

I didn't rate him when he was at Swansea either. I didn't want us to sign him. Forums are about opinions. You don't have all the right answers and we should all aline ourselves with your thinking

I assume you support all the players equally. No harsh words for anyone or just the 1s you rate we should all be nice to. I'm onboard with it. Just give me your approved list

I'm not being all high and mighty about it. I can accept that you don't rate him. But surely you have to acknowledge what he has achieved in his career, and then see that what we have seen so far is not consistent with those levels of performance?  He's clearly a much better player than we have seen. If he reaches the levels he has been at before then he will be a very good signing for the short/medium term, and that was all he was ever intended to be I'm sure.

October 15, 2017, 10:53:56 PM
Reply #1540

Lxxx

The thing I'm wondering now is if Moshiri views the upcoming games against Lyon, Arsenal and Chelsea as 'expected defeats' or whatever the term he used was.

Sadly true. By their own criteria he should be safely in a job by the time we go to Leicester.

October 15, 2017, 11:06:39 PM
Reply #1541

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I wanted him in an along side Barkley role
I wanted him at 25m
Not 45m
Hes a decent player, works hard and knocks a decent cross in but he's not what people think he is

How much did Brighton pay for that gross lad?
I am not saying they are similar levels before I get jumped on

Id say gross is better.

Similar stats to Sigurdsson last season and involves himself in the game a lot more.

Early days yet but he's looks a player and I can't believe no one else had a look at him.

Sigurdson is just bog standard. Can't see him making the grade here.

October 16, 2017, 12:09:56 AM
Reply #1542

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not being all high and mighty about it. I can accept that you don't rate him. But surely you have to acknowledge what he has achieved in his career, and then see that what we have seen so far is not consistent with those levels of performance?  He's clearly a much better player than we have seen. If he reaches the levels he has been at before then he will be a very good signing for the short/medium term, and that was all he was ever intended to be I'm sure.

See we agree. He's a good short term signing if he produces his Swansea form. 45m for short term though and even then he's way below that standard so far

October 16, 2017, 12:13:10 AM
Reply #1543

Macca77

BBC Sport claims that Koeman said he hopes getting a point at Brighton gives the players confidence?

A point at Brighton, not United, City or Spurs but Brighton

October 16, 2017, 12:15:06 AM
Reply #1544

Tinga

BBC Sport claims that Koeman said he hopes getting a point at Brighton gives the players confidence?

A point at Brighton, not United, City or Spurs but Brighton

:Lookman: