November 20, 2017, 08:14:27 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56536 times)

October 16, 2017, 10:59:05 PM
Reply #1590

kramer0

Whatever happens, it's time to make a big adjustment in midfield. I pointed this out a few times in the match thread and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record but Gana is effectively playing as our midfield playmaker. Or, in other words, we're regularly asking our worst midfield passer to make the most important passes in/into the final third. This is, to put it kindly, sub-optimal. When you look at how we're building attacks, it's not much of a surprise that we can't make the ball stick in the final third.

I think we'd be a lot more effective with one pure defensive midfielder (Schneiderlin or Gana) and two box-to-box types (any two of Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen). This sort of arrangement isn't going to magically solve our attacking issues (which run deep) but it'll at least give us a little extra possession in the final third, which means more opportunities to pass or cross into the box.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 11:14:50 PM
Reply #1591

BlueBeagle

Whatever happens, it's time to make a big adjustment in midfield. I pointed this out a few times in the match thread and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record but Gana is effectively playing as our midfield playmaker. Or, in other words, we're regularly asking our worst midfield passer to make the most important passes in/into the final third. This is, to put it kindly, sub-optimal. When you look at how we're building attacks, it's not much of a surprise that we can't make the ball stick in the final third.

I think we'd be a lot more effective with one pure defensive midfielder (Schneiderlin or Gana) and two box-to-box types (any two of Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen). This sort of arrangement isn't going to magically solve our attacking issues (which run deep) but it'll at least give us a little extra possession in the final third, which means more opportunities to pass or cross into the box.

All that waffle just to say Gueye isn't an attack midfielder and playing him as well as Schniderlin isn't working.

Sub-optimal... lolol

October 16, 2017, 11:22:05 PM
Reply #1592

Coyb12

Mate Put the fifa down and have a cup of tea.

October 17, 2017, 12:30:30 AM
Reply #1593

GrantyBoy78

Koeman will be gone soon - after the Leicester game, I reckon.

And I donít think the new bloke will do too much apart from keep us up.

Haha being an Evertonian is shit, isnít it.

October 17, 2017, 01:12:56 AM
Reply #1594

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Mate Put the fifa down and have a cup of tea.

he is spot on though.

You could play Davies and Sig, Davies and Klassen or any combination of those three. With gana sitting deeper we will look much better. Even Rooney could play there.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 17, 2017, 01:17:34 AM
Reply #1595

Coyb12

he is spot on though.

You could play Davies and Sig, Davies and Klassen or any combination of those three. With gana sitting deeper we will look much better. Even Rooney could play there.
klassen is nowhere near it,45m is invisible,and Davies can't string 3 games together I know he's a kid and could be a great player but not a this time when we are in the shit.

October 17, 2017, 01:18:57 AM
Reply #1596

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
klassen is nowhere near it,45m is invisible,and Davies can't string 3 games together I know he's a kid and could be a great player but not a this time when we are in the shit.

We have who we have and we need to find a system to play them in. these are good players who have quality but who need to play. Let's stop trying to play a system where it suits none of the players, let's try one where at least 9/11 are happy in it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 17, 2017, 01:25:25 AM
Reply #1597

Coyb12

We have who we have and we need to find a system to play them in. these are good players who have quality but who need to play. Let's stop trying to play a system where it suits none of the players, let's try one where at least 9/11 are happy in it.
He is not going to change something he thinks is the way to do it.He might stop playing with 2defensive midfielders but he won't change much.

October 17, 2017, 01:28:16 AM
Reply #1598

blue slug

He is not going to change something he thinks is the way to do it.He might stop playing with 2defensive midfielders but he won't change much.

He's to stubborn and gives off a vibe of not even being that bothered

October 17, 2017, 01:29:00 AM
Reply #1599

BlueBeagle

he is spot on though.

Not rocket science is it, drop an out of form defensive midfielder in favour of a more attacking player.

October 17, 2017, 01:32:57 AM
Reply #1600

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Not rocket science is it, drop an out of form defensive midfielder in favour of a more attacking player.

Yup, If only the guy earning 100k per week could see it.

October 17, 2017, 01:35:10 AM
Reply #1601

Coyb12

:Horse:
He's to stubborn and gives off a vibe of not even being that bothered
He is bothered he would be stupid not to be.

October 17, 2017, 01:46:41 AM
Reply #1602

plumber

Gana is not a "pure defensive midfielder"really. He has no discipline and brain to play as a single DM. He is the best at playing a bit higher and harassing opponents.
Schneiderlin could do this job, but he's a bit shit at the moment. And our defense is poor even with 2 defensive midfielders so it's scary to think how would it look with one.

Last season our three man midfield was quite effective and balanced (though not very creative) with Morgan playing deeper,  Davies higher and Gana in between. I'm not sure what happened. Schneiderlin's form doesn't help but there is something else.

October 17, 2017, 02:06:43 AM
Reply #1603

blueski

Gana is not a "pure defensive midfielder"really. He has no discipline and brain to play as a single DM. He is the best at playing a bit higher and harassing opponents.
Schneiderlin could do this job, but he's a bit shit at the moment. And our defense is poor even with 2 defensive midfielders so it's scary to think how would it look with one.

Last season our three man midfield was quite effective and balanced (though not very creative) with Morgan playing deeper,  Davies higher and Gana in between. I'm not sure what happened. Schneiderlin's form doesn't help but there is something else.
no ross barkley and lukaku?
Nil Satis

October 17, 2017, 02:17:52 AM
Reply #1604

plumber

no ross barkley and lukaku?

Lukaku without saying, Barkley not so sure. But yes, compared to our recent attacking players he was decent.