November 24, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58273 times)

October 17, 2017, 02:27:28 AM
Reply #1605

Shogun

Administrator
All that waffle just to say Gueye isn't an attack midfielder and playing him as well as Schniderlin isn't working.

Sub-optimal... lolol

Can't all be as simple as you mate
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:41:47 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

October 17, 2017, 02:45:07 AM
Reply #1606

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 17, 2017, 02:46:03 AM
Reply #1607

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever happens, it's time to make a big adjustment in midfield. I pointed this out a few times in the match thread and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record but Gana is effectively playing as our midfield playmaker. Or, in other words, we're regularly asking our worst midfield passer to make the most important passes in/into the final third. This is, to put it kindly, sub-optimal. When you look at how we're building attacks, it's not much of a surprise that we can't make the ball stick in the final third.

I think we'd be a lot more effective with one pure defensive midfielder (Schneiderlin or Gana) and two box-to-box types (any two of Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen). This sort of arrangement isn't going to magically solve our attacking issues (which run deep) but it'll at least give us a little extra possession in the final third, which means more opportunities to pass or cross into the box.

Yes please.

The most puzzling thing about this is that Koeman originally stated that Gana was 'not one for cleverness on the ball, leave that to Barry' after his first few games...and yet here we are having sold Barry and Gana is our number 8?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 17, 2017, 03:26:47 AM
Reply #1608

blueski

Lukaku without saying, Barkley not so sure. But yes, compared to our recent attacking players he was decent.
yeah I understand that line of thinking and maybe believed it as well going into the season with the rooney and sig hype but looking at where we're at now, as frustrated as I was at times with barkley running into brick walls and losing possession maybe he fulfilled a vital role in pegging back the opposition and putting them on their back heels in a way none of our players currently do. personally one more reason to be dissatisfied with koeman as this should be readily apparent to a high level manager
Nil Satis

October 17, 2017, 05:22:32 AM
Reply #1609

Normm

On August 12th, I wrote: "The number of negative comments about the selection before the match tells its own story. Koeman is losing the confidence of the fans with his tactics and team selections."

What has changed?

Many fans are no longer losing confidence. They have already lost it. Yet, we have an ex-Everton player doing wonders to inspire the youngsters to success at the Academy. He understands the game and how to motivate. David Unsworth should be given the opportunity to manage the first team. A change of manager is required and he fits the bill.

Sorry, Ronald. It's not working out. No away wins since January! Poor performances and no credible sign of improvement. Thanks.

October 17, 2017, 05:30:04 AM
Reply #1610

Hawkandro

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41631339

Pretty spot on

There is quite a bit he could change though; he can play wingers, he can put some pace into the side, he could blood some of the kids, he can go 2 up top. He won't though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 17, 2017, 06:13:45 AM
Reply #1611

gizzblue

There is quite a bit he could change though; he can play wingers, he can put some pace into the side, he could blood some of the kids, he can go 2 up top. He won't though.
He could act like it's his fault in the slightest ...but no.

October 17, 2017, 03:23:21 PM
Reply #1612

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 17, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
Reply #1613

van der Meyde

as frustrated as I was at times with barkley running into brick walls and losing possession maybe he fulfilled a vital role in pegging back the opposition and putting them on their back heels in a way none of our players currently do.
Personally think Barkley played an underappreciated role in helping to transition from defence to attack. The one thing he never did was hide, he was always available for the pass and generally helped retain possession. From a 'creating great chances' perspective, he unquestionably held on to the ball too long. What he did well though was keep it long enough that we could at least actually mount an attack (and relieve defensive pressure) - things we seem incapable of doing at times this season.

October 17, 2017, 03:28:25 PM
Reply #1614

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

October 17, 2017, 03:29:59 PM
Reply #1615

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Ram posted that link yesterday morning but thanks for coming anyway :snigger:
P.S. I'd have him !

My apologies. Haven't been in any of the Koeman threads. Thought it might be better to have a thread for an actual name being linked. Mods move if you see fit
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 17, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
Reply #1616

Ramjam

Sounds promising and eager to coach in the Prem but it might be a high risk appointment and one that could easily backfire
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 17, 2017, 03:34:05 PM
Reply #1617

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
My apologies. Haven't been in any of the Koeman threads. Thought it might be better to have a thread for an actual name being linked. Mods move if you see fit

Don't blame you for not going into too many Koeman threads, it feels a bit like pissing into the wind at the moment.

October 17, 2017, 03:52:01 PM
Reply #1618

BlueForYou

Better credentials than Koeman?

Name 'em
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 04:22:40 PM
Reply #1619

Ross

Better credentials than Koeman?

Name 'em

Recent history of winning trophies and a higher win percentage than Koeman over the last 5 years and less defeats in that time as well?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.