November 21, 2017, 08:09:14 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57122 times)

October 17, 2017, 10:48:40 PM
Reply #1650

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Craig Shakespeare had a better record during his premier league tenure than Ronald Koeman has during the  same period.

Taxi for Moshiri is a bit harsh Ross?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

October 17, 2017, 10:57:46 PM
Reply #1651

Ross

Taxi for Moshiri is a bit harsh Ross?

The driver is just his doppelgänger. Much poorer for a start and without a comedy voice.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 17, 2017, 11:51:20 PM
Reply #1652

everton1952

Leicester are run by far eastern gobshites; as for Palace, well enough said. If you think we are in the same boat as them join the bandwagon of panicking fools and grab any unemployed manager drifting past your window.

October 17, 2017, 11:52:59 PM
Reply #1653

BlueForYou

Well said
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 12:06:07 AM
Reply #1654

BlueForYou

Here's £27m - go and tap Maguire up, Walshy
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 12:19:13 AM
Reply #1655

Ross

yeah what have those Far East gobshites ever done for Leicester

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 18, 2017, 12:25:30 AM
Reply #1656

BlueForYou

One trick ponies, couldn't maintain it - a bit like Blackburn 20 years ago

If you're good enough to get to the top, you've got to be good enough to stay there

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
Reply #1657

KoemansNumberTens

If you're good enough to get to the top, you've got to be good enough to stay there

Nowt like Blackburn really. Blackburn were 1 of the favourites to win the league. Leicester were favourites to go down

October 18, 2017, 12:29:57 AM
Reply #1658

Lxxx

To be fair it was a decent trick. I'd love for us to be able to be one of them one trick ponies

October 18, 2017, 12:31:03 AM
Reply #1659

ally2

I'm not saying pace isn't important, and don't get me wrong - I'd love us to play in that style.

But I do think we have enough technical players to play a different style, and that style can win matches. It's been demonstrated over and over again. Moyes did it a lot here, and teams like west brom grind out lots of wins. Even Chelsea last year were hardly electric.

So we need quick players?  Yes. But we haven't got them or they're not quite ready. I don't believe any more that a team needs an identity anyway. I'd like to think that our squad is capable of different styles of football. OK we are not achieving that either but that's a different question.

October 18, 2017, 12:35:51 AM
Reply #1660

Lxxx

I'm not saying pace isn't important, and don't get me wrong - I'd love us to play in that style.

But I do think we have enough technical players to play a different style, and that style can win matches. It's been demonstrated over and over again. Moyes did it a lot here, and teams like west brom grind out lots of wins. Even Chelsea last year were hardly electric.

So we need quick players?  Yes. But we haven't got them or they're not quite ready. I don't believe any more that a team needs an identity anyway. I'd like to think that our squad is capable of different styles of football. OK we are not achieving that either but that's a different question.

I agree to a certain extent. There's no reason players like Sandro, Klaassan, Sig, Davies etc... can't be pinging the ball into each other and then getting on their bike for a return pass then rinse and repeat. It's what Chelsea, Spurs, City do so well, they actually move after they've passed the ball to make space for the next phase. We just seem to pass and stand there.

It's got to be down to what they do on the training pitch as we have good technical players at a decent age but who don't seem to play with any urgency. Koeman is quite vocal about the intensity when we don't have the ball but I'd like to see a bit of thought going into what we do with it as well.

October 18, 2017, 12:48:43 AM
Reply #1661

charlatan

I agree to a certain extent. There's no reason players like Sandro, Klaassan, Sig, Davies etc... can't be pinging the ball into each other and then getting on their bike for a return pass then rinse and repeat. It's what Chelsea, Spurs, City do so well, they actually move after they've passed the ball to make space for the next phase. We just seem to pass and stand there.

That's the problem when half the players are carbon copies of each other and all trying to do the same thing in the same area

October 18, 2017, 01:00:36 AM
Reply #1662

D15TIN

Just read that Craig Shakespeare had a better record than Koeman in the same period of time...
2 victories over Liverpool in that time too - we'd make a mural of the manager if we achieved that

October 18, 2017, 02:12:19 AM
Reply #1663

BlueForYou

No one trick pony for me - I'd rather replicate City

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 02:33:09 AM
Reply #1664

KoemansNumberTens

No one trick pony for me - I'd rather replicate City

I'd rather win every game every season for a million years. It's all extremely fanciful though. We are replicating city Leicester or blackburns title victories in any of our lifetimes.