November 20, 2017, 03:41:59 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56464 times)

October 19, 2017, 05:16:20 PM
Reply #1680

GrantyBoy78

Frustrating really to have so much young talent on the books and be failing to harness it. Imagine if Pochettino had the amount of potential we have in this squad, he'd have them at their peak physical fitness and motivated to bust a gut and impress.
It's no exaggeration to say we have the most talented group of youngsters in the league, if you add Barkley into that mix as well it's a pretty exciting bunch all in all. You just want to see it harnessed and produce but it's looking unlikely at present.
But Poch has such a solid, balanced team - he can introduce youngsters here and there and they can essentially be ‘carried’. We’re talking about bringing youngsters in who we expect to influence and win us games.

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 05:18:22 PM
Reply #1681

Lxxx

We have a DoF that ‘governs’ transfers. Why would Koeman, who had the likes of Pelle and Mane play so well for him, not want players of the same ilk?

Maybe players of the ilk of Pelle and Mane weren't available or interested in coming to Everton.

October 19, 2017, 06:06:31 PM
Reply #1682

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe players of the ilk of Pelle and Mane weren't available or interested in coming to Everton.

Plus we were in for giroud who is like the Pelle T1000 Turbo.

The mane one is weird but we were in for Depay who is a similar player. Odd we didn't try for any other pace monsters or goal scorers from wide positions. I did read recently that Koeman didn't love Mane tho and played tadic or long ahead of him, sometimes using Mane as a ten..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 06:53:31 PM
Reply #1683

Hawkandro

I look at Spurs, and I weep. Big salty tears.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 06:54:21 PM
Reply #1684

Hawkandro

Plus we were in for giroud who is like the Pelle T1000 Turbo.

The mane one is weird but we were in for Depay who is a similar player. Odd we didn't try for any other pace monsters or goal scorers from wide positions. I did read recently that Koeman didn't love Mane tho and played tadic or long ahead of him, sometimes using Mane as a ten..

Playing a No.10 or a Striker out wide you say? Hmm... doesn't seem like Koeman's oeuvre.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
Reply #1685

KoemansNumberTens

I think Barkley feared his career would go the way of Drinkwater’s if he went to Chelsea. Which is never getting a game unless they had an injury crisis. Which he’d be correct.

I'd forgotten about him. Has he played at all? He's a bit shite

October 19, 2017, 08:54:03 PM
Reply #1686

KoemansNumberTens

We have a DoF that ‘governs’ transfers. Why would Koeman, who had the likes of Pelle and Mane play so well for him, not want players of the same ilk?

The impression I get, maybe wrongly, is that the big name expensive players were koemans call. I don't think it's a question of not wanting a targetman but more than saying I want this type you have free reign Walsh it's I want 1 of these 5. Hence short of a kidnap maybe Walsh can't get any of them 5. I think Walsh is picking the young players and the cheap punts. Koeman is insisting on very certain targets for the team. Like I say I could be completely wrong

October 20, 2017, 03:51:30 AM
Reply #1687

Martip

October 20, 2017, 04:09:42 AM
Reply #1688

bigac

Please put us out of our misery. Now's the time!

October 20, 2017, 04:14:46 AM
Reply #1689

bacon sarnie

Yes please.

October 20, 2017, 04:16:05 AM
Reply #1690

bluenuck

I've been trying to find any reason to not want to sack him, but he's making it very hard.

I don't want to see him sacked. It's not good for anyone. We need a coach that can be here for a while and build this squad up to what we need. We don't need a 3rd manager in 4 1/2 years.

But the results and performances are just so poor and continue to be I just can't believe he's going to turn it around.

He's gotta go.

October 20, 2017, 04:21:06 AM
Reply #1691

Macca77

Its inevitable now isn't it

October 20, 2017, 04:21:56 AM
Reply #1692

Bigstickytoffee

I've been trying to find any reason to not want to sack him, but he's making it very hard.

I don't want to see him sacked. It's not good for anyone. We need a coach that can be here for a while and build this squad up to what we need. We don't need a 3rd manager in 4 1/2 years.

But the results and performances are just so poor and continue to be I just can't believe he's going to turn it around.

He's gotta go.

The thing is he won't commit to us beyond next season imho anyhow, long term and short, I'm struggling to think of any reason to keep him.

October 20, 2017, 04:22:12 AM
Reply #1693

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 20, 2017, 04:24:07 AM
Reply #1694

Coyb12