November 20, 2017, 03:16:51 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56644 times)

October 20, 2017, 06:53:54 AM
Reply #1740

TrevorSteven

This is what you get when the club in its whole struggle with identity.

We changed from Moyes to Martinez and let him shape the club, then we changed to Koeman and let him shape the club.

This is major changes and it is ruining the club. We had four of Europes most wanted talents in Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku. Today they are replace with Keane, Klaasen/Sigurdsson/Vlasic/Rooney and DCL.

The club itself needs to find out if we gonna be a long ball team or a possession team - a dominating team or a sit-back team. Everytime we change a manager with such diveristy we gonna end up changing personel so often that the only benefit for the club is that fans needs to buy a new kit.

I would rather listen to bad excuses from Martinez and see some decent moves and fail than to see long balls hoofed to DCL and hundrede of slow no 10's

I cant imagine Koeman surviving this season, but I cant see it gonna make us much better in the long-term either. If we gonna push the top teams we need to adapt an offensive dominating football and right now we have no players for that kind of style. We are becoming dangerously near an appointment of Allardyce, Pulis and those kind of gaffers.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 07:14:48 AM
Reply #1741

bluenuck

This is what you get when the club in its whole struggle with identity.

We changed from Moyes to Martinez and let him shape the club, then we changed to Koeman and let him shape the club.

This is major changes and it is ruining the club. We had four of Europes most wanted talents in Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku. Today they are replace with Keane, Klaasen/Sigurdsson/Vlasic/Rooney and DCL.

The club itself needs to find out if we gonna be a long ball team or a possession team - a dominating team or a sit-back team. Everytime we change a manager with such diveristy we gonna end up changing personel so often that the only benefit for the club is that fans needs to buy a new kit.

I would rather listen to bad excuses from Martinez and see some decent moves and fail than to see long balls hoofed to DCL and hundrede of slow no 10's

I cant imagine Koeman surviving this season, but I cant see it gonna make us much better in the long-term either. If we gonna push the top teams we need to adapt an offensive dominating football and right now we have no players for that kind of style. We are becoming dangerously near an appointment of Allardyce, Pulis and those kind of gaffers.

I said it earlier. It's not good having 3 managers in 4 1/2 seasons. We're not headed in the right direction. Not even close.

October 20, 2017, 12:11:06 PM
Reply #1742

Bluedylan

We'll be absolutely fine if we employ a manager with a specific idea of how to play the game.

I honestly think he's just drifting from game to game, pretty much making stuff up.

What happened to the pressing he wanted to implement? Fuck all. He got told by Snods and Stuart that we like pressing on a night out, and then came out with loads of platitudes about it, but doesn't appear to have any actual tactical way of implementing it.

He almost never sticks with the same team or formation 2 games in a row, so it's no wonder the players look like they've never met.

Then he decides to drop/rest Rooney and Gylfi, when surely you need to play one or the other, not rest both! Martina at left back against the strongest team in the group? Sandro dropped from the 18 last week, and suddenly playing. Klaassen suddenly thrown back in? Holgate and Mirallas nowhere near the team and then suddenly thrown back in?

He's lost the plot and is just stumbling from game to game with a mishmash of half baked ideas. We've been playing 2 DMs all season and suddenly last night we end up with none on the pitch. He doesn't have any sort of bleuprint at all.

We can't pass the ball, there's no patterns of play, no partnerships being established, and as a consequence talented players are looking clueless and bereft of ability.

We've been fucking awful in pretty much every game, with no signs of improvement or the emergence of a style. We didn't really deserve to beat Stoke or Bournemouth.

He should've gone weeks ago.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 12:21:19 PM
Reply #1743

Bluedylan

Also, just read a quote from him saying 'we need to be more direct'. Is that even possible? Aren't we the team playing the most long balls? Any more direct and we'll be asking Pickford to have shots from his area.

The man is lost.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 12:21:51 PM
Reply #1744

BlueBeagle

We had four of Europes most wanted talents in Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku.

One went to City for massive money.
One went to United for massive money.
Both wanted to go, nothing we could do.

To call Del one of the most wanted talents in Europe is an exaggeration. He was bought by Barcelona when they activated a buy-back clause leaving us powerless to stop him leaving (although I personally think he's shite and would have sold him anyway).

The only one we could have maybe kept was Barkley if thing had been handled better.

October 20, 2017, 01:39:47 PM
Reply #1745

Macca77

Leicesters owners showed their ambition by binning Shakespeare, their form wasn't as ours, so based on that Koeman should be gone

October 20, 2017, 02:19:03 PM
Reply #1746

Hawkandro

We need to look at the likes of Spurs, Dortmund and even Lyon last night; they are not afraid to play the kids.

I mean, we do play the kids, I realise that, but Koeman doesn't seem to have cast iron faith in the kids. This is what we need. The youth setup we have, it's pointless if we then go and waste 150-200m on players who do not look suited to the club. We need a manager that will prioritise the delevopment of the kids. Mould the team in their image; fast, fearless.

At present, Pickford looks like the only signing who will be value for money. I still think Keane will come good, maybe Sandro and Klaassen too, and Gylfi showed one or two glimpses last night, but until we sign a target man, Gylfi won't be utilised properly.

I think it is time for Unsworth, or someone similar to be given time to mould the club alongside Walsh, into one that genuinely produces and gives game time to high quality youngsters.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:28:02 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 20, 2017, 02:31:09 PM
Reply #1747

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He looks like a broken man now, feels like he was unshaven last night to visibly show that the stress has got to him, and now he's talking in interviews about the decision on his future being up to the board. I think he just wants to be sacked and get out of there

There's just no confidence in the team at all and it's affecting some players. Calvert-Lewin has probably been over exposed now, Keane looks a transformed player from his first few performances in blue, Klaassen and Sandro look like nervous wrecks out there.

I think a change will be best for the club as soon as possible. It's just hard to see where the next win will come from. Arsenal on Sunday, Chelsea away in the week, then Leicester away with a new manager probably, Watford at home who are in great form and Lyon away in the mix too, who look a far superior side to us

The fan base seems overwhelmingly in favour of getting rid and I think the board need to act when it's affecting the atmosphere like this
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 20, 2017, 02:33:23 PM
Reply #1748

Hawkandro

Even in Martinez's darkest day, he had fans on his side. It seems Koeman has no one whatsoever on his side, apart from Moshiri.

October 20, 2017, 02:34:34 PM
Reply #1749

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 02:36:49 PM
Reply #1750

Hawkandro

Your dedication is honourable, Sir (or Madam).

October 20, 2017, 02:38:30 PM
Reply #1751

BlueForYou

Right man, right club, wrong summer

The writing's on the wall
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 02:39:21 PM
Reply #1752

Realist

Is there anyone arguing against sacking him now ?

October 20, 2017, 02:41:03 PM
Reply #1753

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We need to look at the likes of Spurs, Dortmund and even Lyon last night; they are not afraid to play the kids.

I mean, we do play the kids, I realise that, but Koeman doesn't seem to have cast iron faith in the kids. This is what we need. The youth setup we have, it's pointless if we then go and waste 150-200m on players who do not look suited to the club. We need a manager that will prioritise the delevopment of the kids. Mould the team in their image; fast, fearless.

At present, Pickford looks like the only signing who will be value for money. I still think Keane will come good, maybe Sandro and Klaassen too, and Gylfi showed one or two glimpses last night, but until we sign a target man, Gylfi won't be utilised properly.

I think it is time for Unsworth, or someone similar to be given time to mould the club alongside Walsh, into one that genuinely produces and gives game time to high quality youngsters.

We finished the game last night with a very young side, its all well and good saying play the kids, Dortmund do it, lyon etc but the kids have to be actually good players and its also a lot easier to bring kids into a winning team rather than saying "here ya go lads, get us out of this shit"

We need to be careful with them, if they are good enough they will get game time tho

Simply simply lovely

October 20, 2017, 02:43:19 PM
Reply #1754

Macca77

Playing the kids in that atmosphere will do nothing for their confidence at all