I said a few weeks ago that we should give Koeman more games and also mentioned that this period of fixtures would be crucial for his future.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed.
1. We still don't know what his best team is, or the best formation.
2. Most of the players still haven't had one outstanding game.
3. None of the new players, Pickford apart, has really gelled into the team.
4. A lack of a striker/target man is more of an issue by the week.
5. I don't know how Koeman sets up the team to score goals, or what his attacking strategy is.
6. Defensively, we are very inconsistent. For large parts of games, we look good, and then we make an error leading to a goal. They don't seem to be decreasing, rather the opposite.
7. Our midfield duo of Gana/Schneiderlein has been very mediocre. Gana is fine, but Schneiderlein has been poor.
8. Wingers. We have a couple of options, but have used none. We have a lack of pace in the team with the wingers, but without them we are completely static. This is very easy to defend against if you can't get behind the opposition's back four.
9. Fullbacks. We have no quality cover at either LB or RB. Holgate and Martina have tried their best, but there have been far too many mistakes.
10. Too many number 10's spoil the team. Why haven't we picked our main man at number 10? Tell him he is all singing and all dancing and your go-to boy. Pick him no matter what. It would give him confidence and at least be the forefront of your attack in the absence of a striker.
I am sure there are more negatives, but I just don't see how Koeman can get out of this mess. Even if he can, it will take months. There are too many issues that he has created, and we need someone else to come in and start again with this group of players.