November 23, 2017, 04:25:30 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57592 times)

October 20, 2017, 02:43:24 PM
Reply #1755

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The kids have probably been our best players this season.

I'd build the midfield around lookman and Davies.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 02:49:22 PM
Reply #1756

Macca77

October 20, 2017, 02:49:49 PM
Reply #1757

Waltzer

The kids have probably been our best players this season.

I'd build the midfield around lookman and Davies.

Lookman and Vlasic just give us so much in terms of their unpredictable nature, Lookman was skinning people for fun at times last night, not much came of it but all the signs are there and he has to be given more of a run out

October 20, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
Reply #1758

Lxxx

Playing the kids in that atmosphere will do nothing for their confidence at all

Also playing the kids against teams who are clearly better than us will knock them back as well. Lyon were bigger, faster, more experienced and had the know how of how to win in Europe. We got schooled in every department.

October 20, 2017, 02:56:53 PM
Reply #1759

Macca77

Also playing the kids against teams who are clearly better than us will knock them back as well. Lyon were bigger, faster, more experienced and had the know how of how to win in Europe. We got schooled in every department.

Exactly

October 20, 2017, 02:57:31 PM
Reply #1760

BlueForYou

Nervous on who we may appoint

Can it get any worse - you bet

Here's to better days
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
Reply #1761

Hawkandro

I don't mean play the kids with the idea of a short-term fix, I mean change the entire ethos of the club, so it is geared around identifying and bringing in the best kids in the area, coupled with the best kids from abroad, and then bringing them through that way. Thinking long-term here.

You build the side around Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic, DCL, Sandro (still only 21/22), Klaassen etc. At the same time, looking to bring in up and coming players in the 18-22 age bracket to go into the first team/u23s with the potential to move up to first team the season after.

We cannot compete with the Top 4/6 for players we need, so we look at the next level which is identifying and bringing the younger players through. Much like Dortmund, Spurs etc do.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 20, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Reply #1762

Hawkandro

Nervous on who we may appoint

Can it get any worse - you bet

Here's to better days

At this point, even Sean Dyche is looking like an appointment to get excited about.

October 20, 2017, 03:02:01 PM
Reply #1763

Lxxx

We currently have too many kids and not enough men in their prime. That's where we're lacking at the minute.

October 20, 2017, 03:17:54 PM
Reply #1764

Gary1878

I said a few weeks ago that we should give Koeman more games and also mentioned that this period of fixtures would be crucial for his future.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

1. We still don't know what his best team is, or the best formation.
2. Most of the players still haven't had one outstanding game.
3. None of the new players, Pickford apart, has really gelled into the team.
4. A lack of a striker/target man is more of an issue by the week.
5. I don't know how Koeman sets up the team to score goals, or what his attacking strategy is.
6. Defensively, we are very inconsistent. For large parts of games, we look good, and then we make an error leading to a goal. They don't seem to be decreasing, rather the opposite.
7. Our midfield duo of Gana/Schneiderlein  has been very mediocre. Gana is fine, but Schneiderlein has been poor.
8. Wingers. We have a couple of options, but have used none. We have a lack of pace in the team with the wingers, but without them we are completely static. This is very easy to defend against if you can't get behind the opposition's back four.
9. Fullbacks. We have no quality cover at either LB or RB. Holgate and Martina have tried their best, but there have been far too many mistakes.
10. Too many number 10's spoil the team. Why haven't we picked our main man at number 10? Tell him he is all singing and all dancing and your go-to boy. Pick him no matter what. It would give him confidence and at least be the forefront of your attack in the absence of a striker.

I am sure there are more negatives, but I just don't see how Koeman can get out of this mess. Even if he can, it will take months. There are too many issues that he has created, and we need someone else to come in and start again with this group of players.

October 20, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Reply #1765

Hawkandro

Ironically, I thought Schneiderlin had his best game for us in a while last night, before he succumbed to injury yet again...

October 20, 2017, 03:26:57 PM
Reply #1766

everton1952

There are no likely candidates to inspire optimism. Stick with Koeman and concentrate on staying clear of a relegation scrap. The tide must turn soon or we will be in dire trouble.

October 20, 2017, 03:28:15 PM
Reply #1767

BlueForYou

Agreed

It will take months - Koeman or no Koeman

Vlasic is gelling

Ron did say that his priority was a left footed defender and striker

And we didn't manage to offload players that we intended to sell - Barkley, Robles, Niasse, Mirallas - unsettling

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 03:42:15 PM
Reply #1768

Simon Paul

Administrator
Agreed

It will take months - Koeman or no Koeman

Vlasic is gelling

Ron did say that his priority was a left footed defender and striker

And we didn't manage to offload players that we intended to sell - Barkley, Robles, Niasse, Mirallas - unsettling

isn't it funny that the player who has worked with Koeman for the least amount of time is the player who is looking like one of our best options?

October 20, 2017, 03:45:07 PM
Reply #1769

BlueForYou

Maybe he's just a better footballer

Harry Catterick