November 24, 2017, 06:17:25 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58074 times)

October 20, 2017, 03:45:10 PM
Reply #1770

sam of the south

Agreed

It will take months - Koeman or no Koeman

Vlasic is gelling

Ron did say that his priority was a left footed defender and striker

And we didn't manage to offload players that we intended to sell - Barkley, Robles, Niasse, Mirallas - unsettling

Glad we didn't offload Niasse; we'd be in the relegation zone.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 03:50:56 PM
Reply #1771

BlueForYou

Not necessarily - if we had sold him and bought a striker that Ron asked for, we could have been banging them in
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 03:56:40 PM
Reply #1772

Lxxx

Not necessarily - if we had sold him and bought a striker that Ron asked for, we could have been banging them in

I hardly think the fate of Oumar Niasse was the deciding factor in us bringing in a quality striker.

October 20, 2017, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #1773

BlueForYou

Not what I'm saying

Niasse was/is on his way out

Irrespective of Niasse, Koeman wanted a striker - he didn't get one

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 04:08:01 PM
Reply #1774

Ross

The fabled “striker” wouldn’t make our defence solid, he wouldn’t bring discipline to our defensive midfielders, add guile to our creative players or bring width and pace to team.

No manager in the league has their perfectly balanced squad, we however do seem to be the most unbalanced and disorganised team around at the moment.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 20, 2017, 04:09:52 PM
Reply #1775

Tinga

October 20, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Reply #1776

Lxxx

If that's his typical mid season form we're screwed, we're still in the first quarter of the campaign.

October 20, 2017, 04:15:26 PM
Reply #1777

van der Meyde

I feel sorry for Koeman really.

Though I think he could be doing better with the hand given to him, it's not an easy one. We still have a decent - if imbalanced - squad though. Koeman's struggled to incorporate the new arrivals, which isn't helped by his chopping and changing the team. You'd imagine the lack of training time at Finch Farm with midweek games is hindering him too, but that's an excuse. He should know much more about what the players are capable of at this point.

It's definitely possible to succeed playing in both the league and Europa League. Good teams do it every season, the problem is good teams usually have predictable starting 11s and he's without 3 of our best players from last season.

October 20, 2017, 06:59:09 PM
Reply #1778

hackersunite

I have read over many threads how Ronald Koeman has changed over the past few months. Looking at him last night compared to the Stoke game there really is a significant image change. He really is beginning to show that the pressure isn't doing him any favours. I think that he looks really ill and gained about 10 years in age.
it takes a second to make a friend, but a lifetime to keep one!!!

October 20, 2017, 07:00:44 PM
Reply #1779

Gash

Global Moderator
I have read over many threads how Ronald Koeman has changed over the past few months. Looking at him last night compared to the Stoke game there really is a significant image change. He really is beginning to show that the pressure isn't doing him any favours. I think that he looks really ill and gained about 10 years in age.

There's umpteen Koeman threads this could have gone in, we don't need another discussing his facial hair etc.

October 20, 2017, 07:01:18 PM
Reply #1780

Rodenplav64

I feel sorry for Koeman really.

Though I think he could be doing better with the hand given to him, it's not an easy one. We still have a decent - if imbalanced - squad though. Koeman's struggled to incorporate the new arrivals, which isn't helped by his chopping and changing the team. You'd imagine the lack of training time at Finch Farm with midweek games is hindering him too, but that's an excuse. He should know much more about what the players are capable of at this point.

It's definitely possible to succeed playing in both the league and Europa League. Good teams do it every season, the problem is good teams usually have predictable starting 11s and he's without 3 of our best players from last season.

I don't feel sorry for him at all as he is a clueless cunt . His buys have to all intense and purposes been shite to average . Our style of play is shite to average as are the excuses being peddled for Koeman . Whine about the team needed time to gel then stop fucking changing it every week . This to me is the point he has failed completely and utterly to get a tune out of any combination of the players he has bought in to the club . Idrissa Gueye given his price is the only decent recruit . The rest look woefully over priced . He deserves lynching for naming that fucking yard dog Ashley Williams as captain of our club not to mention breaking the club record to bring in possibly his most talked about target Gylfi Siggurdsson . I would love us to beat Arsenal but if we don't then he has to go as hand on heart he is going to do more damage than Martinez . Moshiri might want to bury his head in the sand but the fume at Goodison will pretty soon make him act . Koeman only signed for 3 years so no big deal fucking him off 18 months early . Give it to Unsworth while we try and bring in someone who at least has a decent reputation as a coach like Thomas Teuchel .

October 20, 2017, 07:03:27 PM
Reply #1781

BlueForYou

Roberto had a full head of hair before he took the Everton job

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 07:03:28 PM
Reply #1782

hackersunite

This wasn't a hate Koeman comment, this was a "look how he has changed in a short period of time" Comment.
it takes a second to make a friend, but a lifetime to keep one!!!

October 20, 2017, 07:12:25 PM
Reply #1783

Macca77

Press conference update :- He's had a shave

October 20, 2017, 07:12:52 PM
Reply #1784

Rodenplav64

Roberto had a full head of hair before he took the Everton job

Poison chalice which Moyes unbelievably held for 10 years .