November 23, 2017, 01:42:44 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57749 times)

October 21, 2017, 07:59:26 PM
Reply #1815

cantoffee

Can't see him leaving Watford after just arriving there.

Maybe if we have Unsworth in charge until the end of the season.

Can't see Koeman being here in 2 weeks.

deCoubertin

October 21, 2017, 07:59:56 PM
Reply #1816

BlueForYou

As much as I believe that Silva will see out his

Work that one out!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 21, 2017, 08:06:43 PM
Reply #1817

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth till the end of the season then Silva in.

He's going on to big things.

October 21, 2017, 08:11:18 PM
Reply #1818

indiantoffee1975

No reason why we can't go down the same process as both Southampton and Hull have done. Appointed Pochettino and Silva. Some good young european managers out there.

The worry is this board. They won't take time out to research and be meticulous, they will just go down the route of lazy and convenient appointments.

October 21, 2017, 08:21:42 PM
Reply #1819

GrantyBoy78

Whatís the point of bringing in another manager if the board and DoF arenít going to bring in the players to play how you want to play? Would Marco Silva do anything with DCL and Niasse as his strikers?

October 21, 2017, 08:23:40 PM
Reply #1820

GrantyBoy78

Just watching this Watford vs Chelsea game. Just proves having good players and options are more important than tactics and performances. Chelsea have been awful but they have top players who create something out of nothing...and more of the same coming off the bench.

October 21, 2017, 08:25:26 PM
Reply #1821

BlueForYou

Try a one year rolling contract -

Heimir Hallgrimsson - unknown, unproven, pretty successful, cheap as chips

Cometh the hour, the Iceman cometh - warming to him, already

And hell freezes over
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 21, 2017, 09:43:18 PM
Reply #1822

ally2

They won't take time out to research and be meticulous, they will just go down the route of lazy and convenient appointments.

More unfounded nonsense. Why?

October 21, 2017, 09:48:19 PM
Reply #1823

everton1952

Marco Silva is the latest shooting star to catch the eye is he? 4 months ago you would have been crucified on here for suggesting he became Everton manager. Didn't he get relegated? Who next to figure in the "ain't he great stakes?"  I know, the Bournemouth fella cos they are leading Stoke 2-0. Must be good enough. It is laughable all this threshing around for the latest hot favourite. Oh yes, Heimir whathisname from wherethehellishefrom !!!!!!
 Once again "better stay with nurse for fear of something worse." Steady the ship me boyos and batten down the hatches of the good ship Everton with Skipper Ron at the helm. Wait till January before jumping into the lifeboats.

October 21, 2017, 09:53:31 PM
Reply #1824

Ridge

I think the point is that we've only really sold Lukaku, who was inherited and funded a lot of new signings and Barkley injured, who doesn't like Koeman. We've spent £240m on new players, have the most squad depth I can remember, and we've not just been losing, performances have been awful.

I think he'll be able to pick up points as players settle and we get knocked out of europe. But I think there are 2 main positions. Either players we've bought are waste of money and this falls on Walsh, or the team we have should be doing better than relegation form.

For my money, Koeman is more like Moyes in terms of lowering expectations to protect his own reputation, but to a greater extent. I don't see us ever finishing above 6th or 7th under Koeman and even if we did, I think we'd see the same terrible start he's had when teams have been in europe. He needs the preparation time for each game, and he strangles every drop into every game, and fatigue builds, effects every game and it all unravels. He's an Allardyce type of manager, without as much pragmatism. He's not a terrible manager, he's just not a very good one.

October 21, 2017, 09:56:02 PM
Reply #1825

everton1952

I want to be the first to shout David Wagner of Huddersfield Town (winning 2-0). He must be better than  Heimir whathisname from wherethehellishefrom. Come on Mr Moshiri get on to these hot tips before you bin Koeman, as is demanded by some on here.

October 21, 2017, 10:08:34 PM
Reply #1826

Evertonian in NC

I'd love to have the Moose Hornets' guy, but we'd have to wait until end of season, surely.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 21, 2017, 11:56:17 PM
Reply #1827

GrantyBoy78

I'd love to have the Moose Hornets' guy, but we'd have to wait until end of season, surely.
We could get him now if we made enough wild promises...and donít call me Shirley.

October 21, 2017, 11:59:07 PM
Reply #1828

Evertonian in NC

We could get him now if we made enough wild promises...and donít call me Shirley.

Where's the Arteta wild promises, Mosh?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 12:01:42 AM
Reply #1829

BlueForYou

Marco Polo will be getting used to Z Cars

Harry Catterick