November 19, 2017, 02:57:25 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56223 times)

October 23, 2017, 03:45:53 PM
Reply #2130

gizzblue

Maybe leave Irwin in charge for interim .

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 03:46:49 PM
Reply #2131

Macca77

October 23, 2017, 03:52:56 PM
Reply #2132

everton1952

I trust Kenright's judgement in what comes next. Less so with Moshiri who could act as some owners do like at Leicester, Palace, West Ham and others where they run through 8 managers in 7 years and get nowhere doing it. If you believe the trash media, even the Chelsea manager is at risk. Some of the Shite fans are calling for Klopp's head. We got rid of some of the dross last close season, and bought a mixture of good and poor players. Everton are currently awful to watch and I don't know what the answer is, but I don't have to make any decision. All I do is pay my entrance money and hope.

October 23, 2017, 03:55:30 PM
Reply #2133

Lxxx

It could turn out that sacking Koeman will save us money, as it may mean Barkley will sign a new contract and stay if the new man wants him.

Good point. Immediately gain a 35m asset and regain a player that many didn't realise we'd miss.

October 23, 2017, 03:57:21 PM
Reply #2134

Lxxx

Only reason I can think is that they maybe wouldn't want to give Unsworth Chelsea away as his first game.

Not that I agree with that, but I'm struggling to think why else they didn't just send Koeman on his way last night.

Judging by what comes out of Moshiri's mouth every time he opens it I'm not at all confident he's the type of guy who understands football enough to grasp the situation that is unfolding.

October 23, 2017, 04:05:37 PM
Reply #2135

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
This thread should be renamed 'why haven't we sacked Koeman yet?'

October 23, 2017, 04:08:33 PM
Reply #2136

hill135

I remember when this thread first started it was almost laughed off and few seriously wanted to sack him after only a few games.

140-odd pages later everyone's on the same page :snigger:

October 23, 2017, 04:27:51 PM
Reply #2137

Bluedylan

I trust Kenright's judgement in what comes next. Less so with Moshiri who could act as some owners do like at Leicester, Palace, West Ham and others where they run through 8 managers in 7 years and get nowhere doing it. If you believe the trash media, even the Chelsea manager is at risk. Some of the Shite fans are calling for Klopp's head. We got rid of some of the dross last close season, and bought a mixture of good and poor players. Everton are currently awful to watch and I don't know what the answer is, but I don't have to make any decision. All I do is pay my entrance money and hope.

Not sure why you trust Kenwright's judgement when we clung onto Martinez for far, far too long. Moshiri thankfully ended that, and even that was still too late. Still convinced we would've won that semi with Unsy/Royle in charge.

You seem to think this is some kind of moral issue, where you can see the truth and are bravely showing loyalty and commitment, while the rest of us are trigger-happy heathens.

Seriously mate. Wake the fuck up. We are the worst team in the league at the moment. We didn't deserve to beat Stoke or Bournemouth. Palace deserved to beat Chelsea. We've spent over 220m on 'productivity' but we can't defend, can't retain possession, can't score goals and it's getting worse. We've made the worst ever start to a Europa League group by an English team.

People thought yesterday was an improvement, and we had 33% of possession and conceded 30 shots at our goal at home. Many of those shots were clear chances, and it could've been double figures but for Pickford. And that was viewed as an improvement on what came before!!!!

How is any of that remotely acceptable for this club? It's not. So swerve this moral high ground that you appear to have adopted and wake the fuck up. Koeman is performing atrociously and is incredibly lucky not to have been fired weeks ago. Any club with even the slightest bit of ambition or self respect would've acted sooner than this.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 23, 2017, 04:33:23 PM
Reply #2138

boothill

Maybe leave Irwin in charge for interim .
Nah, fucked up badly in the desert in the 40s when he had arguably best team around him at the time

October 23, 2017, 04:33:40 PM
Reply #2139

Tinga

I genuinely feel insulted he's still in the job, what can the board see in him that we don't?

October 23, 2017, 04:42:47 PM
Reply #2140

Ridge

Rest of Koeman's contract is probably about 12m. Koeman framed it as bad acquisitions, 240m is a lot to spend on players to not have an obvious creative player or goalscorer. If Moshiri and Kenwright are thinking Walsh hasn't done a great job, then you have more of a decision on face of it, do you get rid of both?

There is similarity to other clubs who have made wholesale changes to first team. Manager struggles to identify best team and ends up rotating without much of an idea what's going on, who to play where. Players show the ambiguity, play without a direction or knowing who is supposed to do what. But also he feels like he needs to try all the players and doesn't give any of them a stabilised presence in the team or much direction.

Koeman hasn't coped with extra fixtures, he's complained about the early pre season and fatigue, but players just look unorganised, he's the one showing fatigue. It does cut down preparation time and recovery time by half, you need almost 2 different sides, but you need to know your best one. If it's coaching that needs to go into some of the new signings, it shows a lack of guidance from manager.

October 23, 2017, 04:47:14 PM
Reply #2141

Thornton_19

He needs to go regardless of his ability to turn it around.
He has lost the fans so every time he loses now these questions will be asked again.
We are on a downward spiral the we need something we can get behind and that isn't Koeman.

October 23, 2017, 04:54:37 PM
Reply #2142

Lxxx

Rest of Koeman's contract is probably about 12m. Koeman framed it as bad acquisitions, 240m is a lot to spend on players to not have an obvious creative player or goalscorer. If Moshiri and Kenwright are thinking Walsh hasn't done a great job, then you have more of a decision on face of it, do you get rid of both?

There is similarity to other clubs who have made wholesale changes to first team. Manager struggles to identify best team and ends up rotating without much of an idea what's going on, who to play where. Players show the ambiguity, play without a direction or knowing who is supposed to do what. But also he feels like he needs to try all the players and doesn't give any of them a stabilised presence in the team or much direction.

Koeman hasn't coped with extra fixtures, he's complained about the early pre season and fatigue, but players just look unorganised, he's the one showing fatigue. It does cut down preparation time and recovery time by half, you need almost 2 different sides, but you need to know your best one. If it's coaching that needs to go into some of the new signings, it shows a lack of guidance from manager.

We've looked unorganised from the first fixture in the summer though, it's not got progressively worse just never got better. You can't blame lack of preparation time and fatigue either when we've had a number of international breaks and he's been off on holiday all the last one.

They look uncoached, unmotivated, lost and not arsed. All that stems from what happens day to day on the training pitch and what atmosphere you give them to work in and guidance individually.

October 23, 2017, 04:54:41 PM
Reply #2143

Redartin

I genuinely feel insulted he's still in the job, what can the board see in him that we don't?

A 12m compensation bill.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 23, 2017, 04:54:50 PM
Reply #2144

gizzblue

Hope this turns into a 'Glad we sacked Koeman this week ' thread .