November 23, 2017, 09:02:18 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57886 times)

October 23, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
Reply #2145

Ridge

Martinez had built his team, Lukaku and Stones got too phenomenal, it lead to arrogance that wasn't healthy. But also Martinez had planned long term, he'd played younger players and made them central, sold for a very handsome profit in that summer. Martinez signings and ambition, helped attract Moshiri in the first place. While Kenwright took a lot of flak for not selling the club, I'm not sure Moyes ever did as good a job as selling the club as Martinez did. It's not what fans care about, but commercially we became much more trendy. We were great to watch at times, and we'd rock up and have a go at anyone, it just became suicidal.

The uplift in ambition was palpable to the point that we wanted him to lose later round cup games and home form became toxic. The wheels came off and he had to go, but he made some serious impacts in terms of youth development and signing some major young talent, but also developing it. Lukaku wasn't always great, Stones and Barkley were youngsters who weren't that obviously good.

He didn't have the resources Koeman has got, and he never made any excuses, I'm not sure Koeman thinks his farts smell.

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 04:56:59 PM
Reply #2146

Lxxx

A 12m compensation bill.

We'll have to pay him 500k/month regardless of whether he stays or goes. Not an issue at this level I'm afraid. Unless the manager we've earmarked to bring in is going to cost a significant amount of money.

October 23, 2017, 04:58:52 PM
Reply #2147

Tinga

A 12m compensation bill.

I'm glad 12m is more important to the billionaire Moshiri than stability, stature and progress. Fuck the fans also I guess.

October 23, 2017, 04:59:26 PM
Reply #2148

Redartin

We'll have to pay him 500k/month regardless of whether he stays or goes. Not an issue at this level I'm afraid. Unless the manager we've earmarked to bring in is going to cost a significant amount of money.

It probably will cost a significant amount to get someone to take on this mess.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 23, 2017, 05:01:43 PM
Reply #2149

nwatson

I can't believe he wasnt sacked yesterday, especially since all the decision makers were there. I am prepared to wait on a decision being made today but if it's not I am thru with the club until the board sack Koeman and there's a new manager to support and offer some hope going forward.
Its one thing supporting a manager and another being downright distainful towards your fans.
I will always maintain the decision should have been made during the last international break. It gives a but if time to find a new manager and give him a bit of time with the players. It also would have give him the opportunity to salvage something from the last few league games and also the Europa league.
Instead over a 10 day period they have allowed the situation to get worse and they still drag their heels and haven't sacked him.
Call me what you want but i can no longer support the club while Koeman is in charge. I have actually grown to hate him and the only comfort from each dismal performance is the hope the board will see sense, but they haven't.
So now it looks like he's in charge for Chelsea. Another competition we will bow out of with a whimper. And what happens if we win? He,'ll probable get given more time.
I can support him so I really hope he goes today.

October 23, 2017, 05:08:58 PM
Reply #2150

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 23, 2017, 05:11:05 PM
Reply #2151

Macca77

Expected to remain in charge for the cup game on Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41719228

October 23, 2017, 05:15:57 PM
Reply #2152

Redartin

I'm not sure Koeman thinks his farts smell.

Koeman doesn't fart. The hot air and gases come out of his mouth at after match pressers.

October 23, 2017, 05:17:04 PM
Reply #2153

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 23, 2017, 05:17:31 PM
Reply #2154

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What I'm saying is they should've sacked him straight after the game, why delay it

What, just to please a section of trigger happy fans ? Legal issues need to be discussed/finalised before
they make a decision/announcement.

October 23, 2017, 05:19:48 PM
Reply #2155

Redartin

Expected to remain in charge for the cup game on Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41719228

This is unfortunate because I have a feeling Chelsea are going to field the youngsters and we may sneak a win on penalties or something stupid which will just prolong the whole sorry saga.

October 23, 2017, 05:20:19 PM
Reply #2156

BlueMaquis

He didn't have the resources Koeman has got, and he never made any excuses

He did, you know. At one point I remember him blaming the grass for being too sticky.

October 23, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Reply #2157

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'm glad 12m is more important to the billionaire Moshiri than stability, stature and progress. Fuck the fans also I guess.

Where did you get that fact from ? Has there been a statement saying so or are you making it up ?

October 23, 2017, 05:26:24 PM
Reply #2158

Mayor Farnum

Could simply be the lack of suitable replacements that's delaying things.

October 23, 2017, 05:26:45 PM
Reply #2159

Ridge

He did, you know. At one point I remember him blaming the grass for being too sticky.

Not a player though, to the media he never criticised anyone. Not Mirallas for grabbing the ball off Baines, not Stones for playing chicken in the 6 yard box, not Rom for generally not looking that bothered some days. I think he genuinely lost the dressing room in a way that Koeman hasn't, but we couldn't defend under Martinez, under Koeman we can't attack or defend or pass, apart from that we're solid.