November 19, 2017, 04:41:52 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56262 times)

October 23, 2017, 06:33:08 PM
Reply #2175

van der Meyde

It doesn't make sense to give Koeman a stay of execution until after the Chelsea match.

If it's the right decision to sack him on Thursday, it's the right decision to sack him now.

We might not be playing well, but I personally expect our league results are likely to improve with or without Koeman over the next month. We've come a cropper playing against teams who are considerably better or more organised than we are. We're not playing many of them until mid-December now.

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 06:34:50 PM
Reply #2176

MmmBlueRamirez

What I'm saying is they should've sacked him straight after the game, why delay it

Cause we ainít sounded out his replacement.

Yet.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 23, 2017, 06:38:22 PM
Reply #2177

Lxxx

But I dont think we need to do that to finish top 7, if we were looking at top 6 then yes. We should be able to be a lot more organised than we are, where the goals are coming from is an issue yes. But at the same time there is no way we should only have 2 players that have scored in the PL so far!

Last 5 seasons points that would be enough to finish 7th.

16/17 - 47
15/16 - 61
14/15 - 57
13/14 - 57
12/13 - 50

I think the top 6 are all of a consistently better level than for a while but the rest there are a lot more poorer teams than there used to be. At the start of the season most people would say we'd finish 7th, but after that it would be hard to make a case consistently for who would finish 8th I bet a lot of different people would pick a different team.

Not saying it would be easy but I do think if we got someone in place now it would be a possibility to go at 1.6 points per game and be around the 55 point mark especially with the hopeful addition of a good forward in January.

Looking at things statistically then of course you are right but we're a mess across the park. We don't create chances, we don't keep clean sheets and we don't even keep hold of the football for more than a few seconds at a time.

Yes you can say we're only 7 points off 6th and Watford, who everyone is raving about this season, but this is only due to how fresh the season is still. Of course 7th is still on and it should as well be but every game that goes by without a change in manager or fortune pushes us further down the slope. If 7pts stretches to 15 for example, which it could easily do with a few more defeats and if we factor in that Liverpool will move up the table, then it's not a given we'd be able to make that up given the task any new boss would have.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:40:10 PM by Lxxx »

October 23, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Reply #2178

D3blue

I've been reading RK's stats on wiki (again)...He seems to have been successful wherever he inherited a decent team but failed at others like Valencia and AZ.  Team building may not be his strength!  Just not the right man for the job

October 23, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #2179

Redartin

The poll needs resetting now. It's currently stands at about half wanting rid when I think in reality it's probably 90% plus. It doesn't come close to reflecting current opinion

You could also change the first option to read,

"Sack him now THAT our season HAS GONE tits up"
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 23, 2017, 06:53:13 PM
Reply #2180

blue1948

Calling any Everton fan fickle is just fucking ridiculous. Look how.long we have put up with sub standard players , managers and chairmen.
Look at how they follow the team in numbers .
And see what they have to fucking endure supporting the team.

And you call them fickle?  They deserve so much more than this. We all do. Enough of the fucking dithering, being "nice". Be fucking ruthless and show ambition. Make a statement of intent. Something like " only the best is good enough"...hmm, why does that sound familiar?
I respect your view but to stop going is not the answer .For all the shit you have seen ,I have seen more .I don't condone or disapprove of the board dithering because I am not sure they are ! I will not be surprised to see Koeman here for a while yet .I am not part of this hysterical theme ,simply because we had it a year and a half ago and it done us the world of good then !!! I am up for anything that improves EFC but first I want to see what is on offer ,I love Unsie and what he has done with the u23's but I don't think he is yet ready and the list is not so long of potential replacements available or willing to come here .the nsno bit is something I have witnessed and want to again but this witchhunt and booing the players will do nothing to encourage people to join the club .There are players here that have less than 10 appearances getting booed ,I am so sad to see and hear that ,it is not the Everton I grew up following and not something  I am proud of .

October 23, 2017, 06:56:51 PM
Reply #2181

Hawkandro

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/922423066541649921

"No specific demands placed on him"

Maddening. We have spent upwards of £200m and we are in the relegation zone, and the club don't feel like placing any specific demands on our coach who is paid £6m pa.

Pathetic.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 23, 2017, 07:02:06 PM
Reply #2182

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/922423066541649921

"No specific demands placed on him"

Maddening. We have spent upwards of £200m and we are in the relegation zone, and the club don't feel like placing any specific demands on our coach who is paid £6m pa.

Pathetic.
Must be feeling the strain if he is taking training, he doesn't normally

Simply simply lovely

October 23, 2017, 07:04:36 PM
Reply #2183

BlueForYou

Lead the training, Colonel - good man
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 07:07:14 PM
Reply #2184

Ridge

About a decade ago, but his time at Valencia seems relevant, we even have the Ever Banega situation with Rooney.  :titanic:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport

October 23, 2017, 07:07:35 PM
Reply #2185

Lxxx

Bit of fresh air clears a muzzy head after a night on the pop.

October 23, 2017, 07:08:02 PM
Reply #2186

sirblue57

I respect your view but to stop going is not the answer .For all the shit you have seen ,I have seen more .I don't condone or disapprove of the board dithering because I am not sure they are ! I will not be surprised to see Koeman here for a while yet .I am not part of this hysterical theme ,simply because we had it a year and a half ago and it done us the world of good then !!! I am up for anything that improves EFC but first I want to see what is on offer ,I love Unsie and what he has done with the u23's but I don't think he is yet ready and the list is not so long of potential replacements available or willing to come here .the nsno bit is something I have witnessed and want to again but this witchhunt and booing the players will do nothing to encourage people to join the club .There are players here that have less than 10 appearances getting booed ,I am so sad to see and hear that ,it is not the Everton I grew up following and not something  I am proud of .

So what to do? Keep going and paying good.money to support a team that cannot perform? Watch a manager fail to do his job?   

The fans have spent a lot of time and.money supporting this club. And what have they got for it? Not any type of success, no trophies , and.now a lack of pride.

There have been to many false dawns, to many broken promises, to many failures to deliver.

If the fans did stay away, could you really blame them? How else.do you get the message " enough is enough"  across?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 23, 2017, 07:12:46 PM
Reply #2187

Ridge

I think if we reset the poll now, we'd be looking at well over 90% sack him, and I think there has been plenty of patience and hope he would turn it round, it's not just anger, it's despair.

Maybe we should tell Jim White to pass the message on to Moshiri to sack him.  :snigger:

October 23, 2017, 07:15:58 PM
Reply #2188

Ross

Doesnít he?

What does he actually do for this £6m?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 23, 2017, 07:18:20 PM
Reply #2189

Lazarou

About a decade ago, but his time at Valencia seems relevant, we even have the Ever Banega situation with Rooney.  :titanic:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/21/europeanfootball.sport

Thanks for posting that. The similarities are there, the public admonishing of players. The players not liking the tactics, the dressing room divide.

He just comes across as a knobhead boss.