November 24, 2017, 10:03:52 AM

Author Topic: Man United V Everton  (Read 13663 times)

September 16, 2017, 04:01:00 AM
Reply #105

Redartin

At least we can't use the old "tired after playing on Thurs" excuse because
WE DIDN'T FUCKING PLAY ON THURSDAY!
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 16, 2017, 04:37:34 AM
Reply #106

blueski

about to go live..

who says everton get it all wrong - they sorted out the sound quality for this one

Nil Satis

September 16, 2017, 04:38:23 AM
Reply #107

Lxxx

Could be in the bottom three Sunday night. Only early days and all that but....

September 16, 2017, 04:47:29 AM
Reply #108

ally2

True though - Rooney has to show better positional discipline.  We really don't need him running everywhere trying to do everything.  If he keeps doing that then he has to come off.  Everyone has to do their own jobs and if they can't then they get dropped and someone else comes in. 

September 16, 2017, 04:58:07 AM
Reply #109

blueski

True though - Rooney has to show better positional discipline.  We really don't need him running everywhere trying to do everything.  If he keeps doing that then he has to come off.  Everyone has to do their own jobs and if they can't then they get dropped and someone else comes in. 
agree with this in a sense but the other aspect is that does it really make sense to drop the player who's clearly working the hardest and covering the most ground

maybe there's a way to keep him in and drop someone else more central who isn't performing?
Nil Satis

September 16, 2017, 05:36:17 AM
Reply #110

Heisenberg

agree with this in a sense but the other aspect is that does it really make sense to drop the player who's clearly working the hardest and covering the most ground

maybe there's a way to keep him in and drop someone else more central who isn't performing?

Every time he moves into someone else position though it leaves his one empty. Its why there is a massive gap between our midfield and attack. We cant afford a 'free role' position. That is a luxury. We need the basics

September 16, 2017, 05:43:24 AM
Reply #111

blueski

Every time he moves into someone else position though it leaves his one empty. Its why there is a massive gap between our midfield and attack. We cant afford a 'free role' position. That is a luxury. We need the basics
maybe thats the reason or maybe its because Koeman wants the team to be compact and negative and leave DCL or sandro up top alone and defend and try to nick a 1-0 victory which clearly isn't working because the player up top can't hold the ball and our defenders aren't currently up for playing this way....
Nil Satis

September 16, 2017, 07:20:51 AM
Reply #112

Bluescow

For first time in abourt 23 years as an Evertonian im really not looking forward to our next match.
I fear it will be ugly.

Not sure if the problem is the players, Koeman, both or other stuff.  But please, fucking fight for our pride jersey.

September 16, 2017, 07:57:20 AM
Reply #113

Jamokachi

I'm expecting a response here.

September 16, 2017, 08:44:17 AM
Reply #114

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm expecting no kind of response because we have a shithouse team with a shithouse manager.

September 16, 2017, 08:59:55 AM
Reply #115

Evertonian in NC

It's clear we need shaking up/different combinations, everyone should rotate other than Keane, Pickford, and Baines right now.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 16, 2017, 03:13:16 PM
Reply #116

BlueForYou

I'm worried too, Ron

However, a decent result could be our defining season changer

Keep the faith
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 03:29:14 PM
Reply #117

sam of the south

If he doesn't set us up with width (from attacking players, not full-backs) a central striker, and a no.10, all with positional discipline (or at least with the ability and instruction to interchange positions constructively and fluidly) then I can't be arsed watching.

It's genuinely looked like we are playing with 10 men for the majority of this season (even when, ironically we actually had a man ADVANTAGE against City) especially with that 3 at the back malarkey, when neither of them brings the ball out like Beckenbauer; surely Schneiderlin should be the man to do this, like Barry did so brilliantly in Martinez' first season.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:34:52 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 16, 2017, 04:05:44 PM
Reply #118

Rhys

For first time in abourt 23 years as an Evertonian im really not looking forward to our next match.
I fear it will be ugly.

Not sure if the problem is the players, Koeman, both or other stuff.  But please, fucking fight for our pride jersey.

There was a whole load of games near roberto's end that I didn't look forward to, but certainly don't feel as bad going into these games as it did before his final game at Sunderland. Having escaped being sacked after the 4-0 Derby humiliation, then not been sacked after the Leicester game it was beginning to feel like they might not do it and every game felt like was going to be embarrassing or any chink of light might save him which was bad for our future, so that was a much worse time than this.

September 16, 2017, 04:59:15 PM
Reply #119

Toddacelli

If Rooney is not in the team we have nothing.

Nothing.

Noth. Ing.

Let that sink in a moment for those of us who were against him joining in the first place.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates