October 20, 2017, 05:48:01 PM

Author Topic: Man United V Everton  (Read 10632 times)

September 16, 2017, 09:56:27 PM
Reply #135

Evertonian in NC

Wish him well but couldn't care less about him tomorrow

It pains me still to see him in that shirt.  No anger, just a gaping wound, like the Lykke Li song "Gunshot"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 16, 2017, 10:01:01 PM
Reply #136

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That doesn't sound like Lukaku at all. Going to go with made up bollocks on that one.

September 16, 2017, 10:04:13 PM
Reply #137

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 16, 2017, 11:11:47 PM
Reply #138

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If Rooney is not in the team we have nothing.

Nothing.

Noth. Ing.

Let that sink in a moment for those of us who were against him joining in the first place.

Not having that at all. In fact, it's that sort of thinking that leads to performances like England vs Iceland where we try and fit him in the team wherever that may be.

Rooney is good at certain things but he's also limited in what he can bring now. I don't want him running back to the edge of the box to pick the ball up.

He's been as bad/ineffective as any of them out there recently. If we can't play him and have him stick to the higher end of the pitch I rather him not be out there.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:14:24 PM by blueToffee »

September 16, 2017, 11:22:06 PM
Reply #139

starblood

Ronald Koeman: "I know we need to change things, but Sunday is not the time. Sunday is a game for men and experience. They need to show it."

Pickford
Keane Jagielka Williams
Martina Gana Schneiderlin Baines
Sigurdsson Mirallas
Rooney

He'll play the team that went to Man City I reckon, but will have Sigurdsson in there somewhere.

So no Martina, he will play Holgate in that position I believe.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:34:05 AM by starblood »

September 16, 2017, 11:24:30 PM
Reply #140

everton1952

For first time in abourt 23 years as an Evertonian im really not looking forward to our next match.
I fear it will be ugly.

Not sure if the problem is the players, Koeman, both or other stuff.  But please, fucking fight for our pride jersey.
Are you joking? Have you seriously looked forward to our trips to the Shite for the past how many years? I think you exaggerate, or you are nuts.

September 16, 2017, 11:30:28 PM
Reply #141

BlueForYou

We are nuts, we are Everton

The rest are fruit cakes
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2017, 01:15:11 AM
Reply #142

Lxxx

Having said all this, even a defeat tomorrow would see us only 4 points behind the shite and Spurs, after a horrible start and with some very winnable games, on paper, to come.

Hopefully this big meeting he's had with the senior pros will bring some much needed change so we can progress up the league.

September 17, 2017, 01:54:11 AM
Reply #143

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Just had a look at the league table.

I know it's only 4 games in, but still. Shouldn't have done that.

September 17, 2017, 01:56:05 AM
Reply #144

Morta75

With same attitide as in the 2 last matches, we are gone get crushed on old trafford tomorrow... 4-0, 5-0 I think :(

September 17, 2017, 02:22:06 AM
Reply #145

Deano Blue Boy

Win and we're only a point behind Liverpool and spurs. Tough start.

There is an alternative view to take on this. It isn't all doom and gloom.

September 17, 2017, 02:29:33 AM
Reply #146

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wish David Moyes was still the manager.

Of Utd.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 17, 2017, 02:38:38 AM
Reply #147

Waltzer

Win and we're only a point behind Liverpool and spurs. Tough start.

There is an alternative view to take on this. It isn't all doom and gloom.
I tend to agree, however, the performances have been terrible which is the issue. Tough start, but we look miles off top 4 or even improving on last season

September 17, 2017, 03:07:36 AM
Reply #148

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we will put a shift in. Fight and harry the opposition. Defend like tigers and lose respectably 2-0 with a late second goal.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 17, 2017, 03:11:23 AM
Reply #149

eyesalwaysblue

1 half will be better than the other
I still despise Clive Thomas..