December 14, 2017, 09:12:35 PM

Author Topic: Man United V Everton  (Read 14789 times)

September 18, 2017, 02:55:01 AM
Reply #930

benny

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman will probably say he got more passion and productivity from the players and it wasn't a 4-0 game.

he`d be right

September 18, 2017, 03:07:35 AM
Reply #931

Simon Paul

Administrator
I am arsed as you put it, because the players who might turn this around are patently not there. A respectable 1-0 defeat would have been regarded as progress by some including the manager. I do not want Everton to sack Koeman, but the next 2 -3 weeks could see him sacked anyway. This side might be capable of  a 0-0 draw against the likes of Palace, but the rest of the league must be confident of getting a result against us. Whoever is to blame is debateable, but Koeman will carry the can as managers always do. Somehow, with this lousy squad he has to keep us within touching distance by January and hope that two good signings will get us up the league by the end.   

yeah, i just meant about Lukaku like

thought that was obvious?

September 18, 2017, 03:16:18 AM
Reply #932

Heisenberg

It's crazy that in 2017 we still basically miss Pienaar, Arteta and Cahill

No attempt was ever made at replacing pienaar. The left side was completely neglected. Been playing number 10s there for since. Crazy really

September 18, 2017, 03:20:12 AM
Reply #933

Paddockoldie

same could be said for the Everton fans who booed him every touch. im sure if they didnt boo him, then his celebrations wouldnt have been the same.

ie. for the assist, he put his finger to his lips and went SHHH, as the Everton fans kept booing him.
they continued to boo, to the point where they booed him during the freekick. then he scored.. then he held his ear out..

he couldnt hear the boos.. thats class to me. the Everton fans are hurt, cos he doesnt play for us no more.. our best striker in the premiership era and we boo him all the way through the match the first time we play against him..

now compare that to man utd fans and Rooney.

Everton fans showed no class or respect.. Lukaku wouldnt have done that if we werent so butt hurt about him leaving.

Not really buying that mate. As fans evertonians have a tendency to applaud their own, even when they leave. Okay Rooney being an exeption but Lukaku hasn't been very respectful since he left. If he had the reception would have been different I think. We knew he'd leave one day but it's after you've gone judged how you're remembered.

September 18, 2017, 03:35:54 AM
Reply #934

D3blue

Odds on RK sacking now at 2/1 in sackrace....30/1 four days ago

September 18, 2017, 03:41:02 AM
Reply #935

Lxxx

Baines is never a wing back. He could have played that role 2-3 years ago but now he's a full back and that's it. A decent one still but don't ask him to motor up and down the left hand side all game.

Which gets me back to Koeman and his back 5. How does he ever think we're going to get anything other than well beaten playing that formation against a good side with this personnel. He seems to think the lucky 1-1 draw against City is validation for it. 

September 18, 2017, 03:50:16 AM
Reply #936

Coyb12

Baines is never a wing back. He could have played that role 2-3 years ago but now he's a full back and that's it. A decent one still but don't ask him to motor up and down the left hand side all game.

Which gets me back to Koeman and his back 5. How does he ever think we're going to get anything other than well beaten playing that formation against a good side with this personnel. He seems to think the lucky 1-1 draw against City is validation for it.
Baines is finished,has been for 12 months,and he is not a full back because he can t defend as lukukus goal shows went to sleep,should have been replaced long since same as jags.

September 18, 2017, 04:33:01 AM
Reply #937

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can you imagine how shit our passing from the back would be if we got rid of Baines? Fucking hell we're already struggling to get it over the half way line with this gang of beer bellies at the back.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 04:34:44 AM
Reply #938

ally2

And he fell asleep for Rom's goal too. I think he is still capable physically but it could be that his physical efforts are being tamed by the management team seeing as there's no one to replace him. We can't afford to burn him out. That said, I expect payers like him and Jags to lead the line when we're in bad form. It might not be their style but they are senior players and I do expect them to step up to that, along with Rooney (who is)

September 18, 2017, 04:35:10 AM
Reply #939

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lukaku was getting booed when he picked up the ball and getting laughed at when he spoofed his FK.

It was the most obvious goal ever.

Then again, he did the 'shhh' towards the fans after the other goal so it probably is just the general attitude he's had from the fans.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2017, 04:38:19 AM
Reply #940

Heisenberg

Lukaku was getting booed when he picked up the ball and getting laughed at when he spoofed his FK.

It was the most obvious goal ever.

Then again, he did the 'shhh' towards the fans after the other goal so it probably is just the general attitude he's had from the fans.

He was never everton. He cares about lukaku only and always will. Don't get why people are upset

September 18, 2017, 04:40:59 AM
Reply #941

ally2

I thought Lukaku was a knob when he was with us so nothing's changed

September 18, 2017, 04:42:41 AM
Reply #942

everton1952

No player is ever Everton or anyone else. They are all well paid pros without more than a modicum of loyalty. The fans are loyal, no one else. I think Lukaku was a brilliant player for us and am grateful we had him. Good luck to him in his career.

September 18, 2017, 04:45:34 AM
Reply #943

Everton Mint

Watching MOTD.. we actually had some really good chances today.

And most of Utd's were from our sloppy passes.

Never a 4-0 game.

September 18, 2017, 05:46:37 AM
Reply #944

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates