November 20, 2017, 09:30:58 PM

Author Topic: [News]Gutless Everton answer Koeman's questioning of mentality with another poor display  (Read 1944 times)

September 15, 2017, 06:02:28 PM
Reply #15

Ih8redshite

People on here who call themselves Everton supporters on here, need to have a serious word with themselves. Nearly as bad as the fickle red supporters. The team has been through a transformation, we didn't get the striker we needed but so fucking what! That isn't gonna change before January at the earliest. Let's get behind the team and the manager and I wreckon things will pick up. I can understand disappointment but to start flapping and calling for the managers head?? Wtf is all that about. We are only a few games in with a lot of new players, just teething issues. Coybb

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 06:11:33 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Last night Rooney picked the ball up from Baines in the left centre back slot, played it across to Keane and then jogged into the centre circle. Is this really where you want your No 10? Rooney's enthusiasm is his downfall, he's everywhere but where we need him. Granted he's not playing badly enough to get dropped but shouldn't Schneiderlin be barking at him to move forward so he can become the central midfield leader. Shouldn't Jags, whose toes he took the ball off, be pushing him forwards.

The balance looks all wrong at the minute with no width at all and I'm not sure whether Rooney playing upsets it further, by being here there and everywhere as well as just being Wayne Rooney the football legend who is slightly past it but trying to do everything..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:14:44 PM by Lxxx »

September 15, 2017, 06:16:52 PM
Reply #17

charlatan

Last night Rooney picked the ball up from Baines in the left centre back slot, played it across to Keane and then jogged into the centre circle. Is this really where you want your No 10? Rooney's enthusiasm is his downfall, he's everywhere but where we need him. Granted he's not playing badly enough to get dropped but shouldn't Schneiderlin be barking at him to move forward so he can become the central midfield leader. Shouldn't Jags, whose toes he took the ball off, be pushing him forwards.

Supposed to have a squad full of leaders now, including international captains, yet somehow all are too scared to say boo

September 15, 2017, 07:10:37 PM
Reply #18

Elgoodo1978

Not sure if I'm watching the same games as some but in general Rooney has looked a different level to the rest of the outfield players, even when he does fuck all

September 15, 2017, 07:32:29 PM
Reply #19

blueski

rooney drops too deep to be a false 9 and frankly he's too deep to be a 10 either. I don't think people are slagging rooney's effort or contributions - its just that from a tactical standpoint it just isn't working either because there's no focal point up top or because koeman or our players are gutless and have lost faith or some combination of the above
Nil Satis

September 15, 2017, 07:56:47 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Supposed to have a squad full of leaders now, including international captains, yet somehow all are too scared to say boo

That can happen when you have one player who is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of experience and knowhow. Everyone defers to him. I can certainly see Jags, Baines and Schneiderlin passing the buck so far.

September 15, 2017, 08:54:54 PM
Reply #21

sirblue57

People on here who call themselves Everton supporters on here, need to have a serious word with themselves. Nearly as bad as the fickle red supporters. The team has been through a transformation, we didn't get the striker we needed but so fucking what! That isn't gonna change before January at the earliest. Let's get behind the team and the manager and I wreckon things will pick up. I can understand disappointment but to start flapping and calling for the managers head?? Wtf is all that about. We are only a few games in with a lot of new players, just teething issues. Coybb

its the total lack of any identity,style or game plan that's getting mentioned, surely that is what the manager/coaching staff should e sorting?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

September 15, 2017, 09:31:28 PM
Reply #22

SANA_DR0

That was worse than the dark Martinez days for me a d fuck me they were dark.

im not sure i agree with this,.. what i do remember is, that Martinez used to frustrate the fuck outa me, due to having decent defenders who couldnt defend, Attack wise we where pretty good under Martinez,, looking back even tho we messed up lots of 2-0/3-0 leads, it was still entertaining.. now adays,, we cant defend for shit and we cant even carve out any sort of decent opportunities...

ill give it a bit longer before i feel the dark days are back, but im more frustrated now with koeman than i ever was with Martinez..

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:41:53 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 15, 2017, 09:38:14 PM
Reply #23

SANA_DR0

The balance looks all wrong at the minute with no width at all and I'm not sure whether Rooney playing upsets it further, by being here there and everywhere as well as just being Wayne Rooney the football legend who is slightly past it but trying to do everything..

i agree with this 1000%

People say Rooneys done well, he's scored 2 goals and he tries,, but as you stated, we need him to produce at the end of the pitch we bought him for, if he isnt there, an is chasing back to left back to get the ball, he isnt going to be scoring the goals.. we bought him to score goals/create chances,, but in this formation the 2 wider players behind the striker, are asked to help their full backs out... which means the players are 2 knackered to run back up or/and they have no one to pass too, apart from DCL who never has any support.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:42:28 PM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 15, 2017, 10:01:51 PM
Reply #24

everton1952

A constant thread on this site since last night, rather than the results,  has been the gutless, spineless performance from some senior players spreading panic amongst the lesser young hopefuls. The likes of Calvert Lewin, Holgate, Davies  are not established players and may never be, but it is disastrous to their self confidence to see the example of the senior players around them. Someone else, not Koeman, contrived a make a dogs breakfast of the transfer window with only three decent signings, and the failure to add  2 strikers or even a wide player he specifically asked for.  That has gone now, and  only Koeman can get this  shambles of a squad out of a big hole; then in January the buck passes to the board to pull  out all the stops and deliver the players for the positions we desperately need. We made need to wear tin hats until then. Oh, and Moshiri should refund the 2500 poor bastards who travelled to Italy. 

September 15, 2017, 10:52:03 PM
Reply #25

BlueForYou

Koeman is genuinely puzzled, he is (almost) at a loss

The players look drained of energy, walking pace - as if they are recovering from some intensive high altitude training, lifeless
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 15, 2017, 10:57:19 PM
Reply #26

Ravardo

September 15, 2017, 11:39:07 PM
Reply #27

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 15, 2017, 11:56:31 PM
Reply #28

BlueForYou

Ron has said, via the BBC, that he is worried about Sunday's game because he is concerned that the players have doubts about their own abilities

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 12:11:26 AM
Reply #29

bacon sarnie

Ron has said, via the BBC, that he is worried about Sunday's game because he is concerned that the players have doubts about their own abilities

Well he should bypass the BBC and give them with doubts a mighty kick up the fuckin arse then.

Anyone for a game of footie on Sunday? I'm in......