December 18, 2017, 05:04:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: I need to criticise myself  (Read 2477 times)

September 15, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
Reply #30

Realist

How?

He's spent a lot of money building his own squad, which is worse than it was & now we don't look capable of scoring a goal or winning a game

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 10:38:16 AM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

He's spent a lot of money building his own squad, which is worse than it was & now we don't look capable of scoring a goal or winning a game

But we're not in a worse position than before he took charge. That's reactionary to the start of the season. Last season was marked improvement on the year previous. As ever though, you continue with your hyperbole.

September 15, 2017, 12:22:40 PM
Reply #32

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We were not as bad 2 years ago. At least then we were exciting. Now we just goofing from one beating to the next and that's after we spent a fortune.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 15, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
Reply #33

Realist

But we're not in a worse position than before he took charge. That's reactionary to the start of the season. Last season was marked improvement on the year previous. As ever though, you continue with your hyperbole.

At least then we looked capable of scoring goals and actually playing football. The team is an absolute mess & if you think any different you're nuts
He also has an ego which his managerial achievements don't entitle him to
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:29:00 PM by Realist »

September 15, 2017, 12:38:10 PM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

At least then we looked capable of scoring goals and actually playing football. The team is an absolute mess & if you think any different you're nuts
He also has an ego which his managerial achievements don't entitle him to

Regardless of how I feel the team is playing at this present time, we are in a better position than when he took charge. That's irrefutable. His ego has nothing to do with the point I'm debating.

September 15, 2017, 12:39:48 PM
Reply #35

stirlingblue

Rooney was marking him the thick twa...t. Soz, fuckin packed with Arsenal fans in here. Talking bizarre the Germans have taken London. Bit late like.

Anyways, cheers Evertonians. Only three more sleepies til the fall of Rom.

It was Vlasic who 'let' him cut in not Rooney.

Also, knowing what he's going to do has never stopped Robben, sometimes other teams have good players.

Still no excuse for offering nothing in midfield the whole game mind

September 15, 2017, 12:41:47 PM
Reply #36

wepull

Do we have players who can play with their back towards the goal. I think only Rooney can do that but he drops too deep to be in that position. Klassen I believe can do it, but he needs others to make space to help him out there. Not sure if any of Sandro, DCL,Gylfi, Lookman, Mirallas et.al can do that. We being unable to hold the ball in the opposition's 3rd is one thing we really need to address.

We really need Rooney to stop being a CM and be there as our no. 10 and the rest of our attacking quartet to make some clever spaces.

One more thing that I have noticed is that the teams above us have fast attacking players whereas we failed to bring even one player with pace in our attacking front.

September 15, 2017, 01:01:13 PM
Reply #37

Realist

Regardless of how I feel the team is playing at this present time, we are in a better position than when he took charge. That's irrefutable. His ego has nothing to do with the point I'm debating.

How are we in a better position? Because of where we finished last year?

September 15, 2017, 01:05:44 PM
Reply #38

Jamokachi

How are we in a better position? Because of where we finished last year?

Well that can't be ignored. We're in Europe and weren't when he took over. We have a better squad now than when he took over (yes we are short of a striker). It's easy to perceive that things are worse because the start to the season has been horrible, but we're not. We were in free-fall under Martinez.

September 15, 2017, 01:29:38 PM
Reply #39

Realist

Well that can't be ignored. We're in Europe and weren't when he took over. We have a better squad now than when he took over (yes we are short of a striker). It's easy to perceive that things are worse because the start to the season has been horrible, but we're not. We were in free-fall under Martinez.

Being in Europe falls under last season's finish
Is the squad better?
Is the team better?
I'm not debating we were bad at the end of Martinez' time here but this right now is as bad if not worse

September 15, 2017, 02:40:59 PM
Reply #40

kiwiblue65

September 15, 2017, 02:41:42 PM
Reply #41

kiwiblue65

For those who remember

September 15, 2017, 02:49:59 PM
Reply #42

Gary1878

Is the squad better?
Is the team better?
I'm not debating we were bad at the end of Martinez' time here but this right now is as bad if not worse

You think something is worse now because it is a more recent event. It doesn't mean that it is worse. It isn't worse than Martinez and you shouldn't compare his era to Koeman's. Martinez was an absolute shambles at the end, never forget that. The team was a complete mess and didn't know how to defend or attack, with a poor squad.

September 15, 2017, 03:43:46 PM
Reply #43

Realist

You think something is worse now because it is a more recent event. It doesn't mean that it is worse. It isn't worse than Martinez and you shouldn't compare his era to Koeman's. Martinez was an absolute shambles at the end, never forget that. The team was a complete mess and didn't know how to defend or attack, with a poor squad.

That'd be an accurate description of the team right now

September 15, 2017, 03:46:00 PM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

Is the squad better?
Is the team better?

You're debating whether we're in a better position than we were before he started, and we are. The squad  is better, even if they're playing poorly. The team for the most part (apart from striker) is also better.

Look, we're in a poor run of form, and it needs to change. The buck stops with Koeman, I acknowledge that. But I would take where we are now than where we were at the end of Martinez's tenure.