October 24, 2017, 02:05:55 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: I need to criticise myself  (Read 1888 times)

September 15, 2017, 03:52:46 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

But we're not in a worse position than before he took charge. That's reactionary to the start of the season. Last season was marked improvement on the year previous. As ever though, you continue with your hyperbole.

Don't feed the troll.

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 03:54:20 PM
Reply #46

Gary1878

That'd be an accurate description of the team right now

Do you remember the Liverpool game? They had 37 shots on goal to our 3? 13 on target to our 0?

How about the Sunderland game where they beat us 3-0 where we just rolled over and had nothing to offer? The countless draws to crap teams?

If we were getting beaten 3-0 by relegation candidates then i could understand the comparisons to Martinez, but fortunately the teams that are beating us at the moment are actually half decent/quite good. The real frustration is that we aren't competing with them at the moment as our form is completely off.

The difference was that Martinez was getting onto 3 seasons deep into his reign with no progress in the squad or position in the league. Koeman did make progress last season, and although we have had a dreadful start this year, it cannot be compared to the s**t that we saw with Martinez in charge.

September 15, 2017, 03:58:54 PM
Reply #47

Realist

Do you remember the Liverpool game? They had 37 shots on goal to our 3? 13 on target to our 0?

How about the Sunderland game where they beat us 3-0 where we just rolled over and had nothing to offer? The countless draws to crap teams?

If we were getting beaten 3-0 by relegation candidates then i could understand the comparisons to Martinez, but fortunately the teams that are beating us at the moment are actually half decent/quite good. The real frustration is that we aren't competing with them at the moment as our form is completely off.

The difference was that Martinez was getting onto 3 seasons deep into his reign with no progress in the squad or position in the league. Koeman did make progress last season, and although we have had a dreadful start this year, it cannot be compared to the s**t that we saw with Martinez in charge.

I've said it before I don't dispute we were shit under Martinez but right now we're not much better
The last 2 games have been dead by half time on the back of shocking performances
We've had about what 10 shots on target in the last 5 games, we are toothless going forward and hopeless at the back

September 15, 2017, 04:13:38 PM
Reply #48

Mac934

You think something is worse now because it is a more recent event. It doesn't mean that it is worse. It isn't worse than Martinez and you shouldn't compare his era to Koeman's. Martinez was an absolute shambles at the end, never forget that. The team was a complete mess and didn't know how to defend or attack, with a poor squad.
What's the difference now then? Maybe the squad has more expensive higher paid players, but that's about the only difference.

September 15, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
Reply #49

Bluenose 91

There's a lot of revisionism going on about Martinez's time here and the sort of football we played.

We were largely shite pretty much after the Palace game in his first season.

There were also plenty of games where we struggled to get a shot on goal.  1-0 defeats to West Brom and Swansea at home spring to mind.

We're fucking crap at the minute but we're a long way away from being in the same sort of position we were under that clown.  He couldn't even be arsed to get the players fit for fuck sake.

September 15, 2017, 07:51:59 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

There's a lot of revisionism going on about Martinez's time here and the sort of football we played.

We were largely shite pretty much after the Palace game in his first season.

There were also plenty of games where we struggled to get a shot on goal.  1-0 defeats to West Brom and Swansea at home spring to mind.

We're fucking crap at the minute but we're a long way away from being in the same sort of position we were under that clown.  He couldn't even be arsed to get the players fit for fuck sake.

I hear whispers of Moyes too. Kind of thrown out there as a half joke to test the water but under it there are some people who pine for his kind of stability. The one which got us nowhere.

Let's take stock before the Arsenal game, after a reasonable run of fixtures.

September 16, 2017, 04:16:12 PM
Reply #51

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..